What's everyone working on?

Mike! I love your art supplies! I would be interested in how you made your tubes of paint.  I did a tutorial on how to make paint brushes that you might be interested in.  I could scan it and post it here when I get back home on Friday if you would like.(Visiting my Mummy!)

Maybe you will want to do background singing for your next dollhouse video..... I would watch it and listen.... 

Good for you , Mike! I only sing in the car - makes my carpool buddy sometimes regret her decision to carpool.....

I sing in the car. Really loud, and adding in hand gestures or a bit of air guitar when driving conditions permit. It's sort of my own personal primal scream therapy.

I got the front door done today, and earlier in the week added some interior door trims and casings. I've been sick all week, so not much motivation to do anything. Still need to tape on all of the exterior do-dads so I can add the batten strips. The weather is still hot and dry here, so really, I don't want to do much of anything. I'm very ready for fall to come. 

Wonder what you'd sing to accompany a video on houses?.........now that would be an interesting topic!.........

Hmmm ? For an outdoorsy theme - "Home, home on the range" For a holiday theme -  "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" For a Mexican or Spanish theme , "la cucaracha"  For an old pub scene, - "When Irish eyes are smiling" ... Ok. I'll go to bed now and stop boring you all to death. 

• Like 1

Don't know if this counts as "working on", but Lloyd brought the well-wrapped and boxed Haunted House from storage this afternoon. It's getting close enough to the holiday to warrant setting it up, eh? Can't wait to unbox those skittery skellies and see them happily enjoying their clubhouse once again.

• Like 3

Yay, Kathie! It's always exciting to get things out of storage.

I worked a little in my craft room today, reorganized a few more things and built a cute little cart to store more things. I also placed some furniture in a 2 story roombox/cabinet I bought a few weeks ago. Playing with furniture was fun, but I'm not completely happy with it yet. And I brought the half scale colonial in from the garage and cleaned it all up, and placed it on the ledge for display. Little bits of progress eventually add up!

This attempt at making a Maple tree will be time consuming but I think I can pull it off. The tree itself is actually from a Florida Christmas palm tree seed pod. My husband picked it up in the yard last year and it gave me this inspiration.  I bought the maple leaf paper punch from a club member and am punching out the mini leaves from larger silk ones.  we will see if a Florida girl can make it look like a real northern maple. Oops, there is a leaf glued on upside down.

image.jpg

Edited by Sable
  • Like 4

Sable, this tree will be a stunner! It wil take "some" leaves though, but it will be so worth it. And then again a fall tree needs to have bare tree trunks/branches and leaves beneath it.

hugs and thanks for the fall inspiration! Much appreciated

Edited by Anna

Can't wait to see the finished product, Sable! You picked my favorite tree to reproduce. Not really working on minis today, but had a good grinder session for my stained glass work. Onward with this commission. Have to get it done by Friday, but that shouldn't be a problem. Later I will clean and foil the glass. And if that doesn't take too long I'll also put it on the layout in preparation for soldering.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Christmas Palm. The berries ripen in December, therefore, the name.  The stem is what I am using for the maple tree's trunk and branches.  By the way those berries weigh a ton and if you don't control them you'd have hundreds of Palm trees growing in your yard.

image.jpg

Edited by Sable
  • Like 1

Right now I'm singing 'and the cares of tomorrow can wait till this day is done'.........lovely song!.........I've also got a ground floor gallery in the making!.......Still not quite happy with the lighting but that can wait until I get some art on the walls!

STOP PRESS!............In less than twelve hours I will have been married to my best friend, soulmate and all round nicest person Rosemary for 40 years!.............I need to slow this down.....it's going to fast! 

IMG_2354.jpg

Congrats, Mike!

*walks away humming "It's a Small, Small World......."

The Haunted Hangout is unpacked and on display. It came through beautifully. :)  You can see the unpacking process in my blog, here.  Now, to find places to display the quilt shop and the Christmas house. And move the in-progress Bohemian Inn to storage so the Beacon Hill can move to my worktable. Feels like a game of musical chairs.

Everythings crossed here!! You'll be back soon and better than ever.

I know for sure. See you have too projects left to do. See that's what guarantees it. It says so on my 'frig. 

"The rule of life is this: One cannot die until one finishes all of the projects they have started. So, when you see me start a new one, Remember, this is simply insurance. At my current rate, I figure I am going to live to at least 13,427 years old!!"

So, if you want extra insurance, start a couple extra today and tomorrow. 

Thoughts and prayers to a great artist and wonderful friend!!

Beautiful fall tree Sable!!  I miss those pretty trees!   Actually I miss trees period! 

I wish I could say that I was working on something but at the moment,  I have the Arthur and the Ashley sitting in their boxes on the work table.   I can't decide which one I want to do what with so there they sit.  

• Like 3