What's everyone working on?

borrow the EZcutter?! GASP!....fingers come back with a nub if someone would dare think about my EZcutter lol

in the work room today finding stuff for macaroni projects for 2 lil munchkins...but the 1/144th scale stuffs I found be yelling at me from their

container..."look...here I am ...work on MEEEEEEEEEEE"

I need some projects for these kids.

any ideas? :bangin:

• Like 1

Since the weather sort of didn't work with us today (as in pouring rain) we didn't get to cut the baseement/cellar walls but I did make some more progress on the wine tree, tomorrows task will be to make grape bunches. I have three different coulours of no-hole beads in green shades and an idea of using embroidery threads as the base for the bunches. Love to try new ideas :)

Hugs

Deb, Harbor Freight carries the packets of needle files. DH & I only borrow each other's screwdrivers; the power saws, sander & lathe are OURS. The EZ Cutter and Dremels MINE. The big table saw, router and drill press are HIS.

My little Georgian Townhouse (1:144 scale) just about bit the dust last night. One interior wall was a "silly millimeter" too high, which, of course, threw the whole thing off plumb - and took a lot of time and patience to fix it. At one point my mother, who was watching me work, asked if I needed a hammer and nail. I answered: "just a hammer!" But I finally got it all lined up, at least on the second floor level, and glued and weighted overnight. Now I wonder what problems await me on the third, and final, floor of this little treasure. I have put 6 lights in the house, which has complicated the assembly, and I just hope that with all the messing around I haven't ruined them. I want to get this one finished so I can start a roombox for my latest beautiful dolls.

I've been working on the Gull Bay porch all week. I was on a roll last weekend until I messed up a piece of the crown molding trim that goes around the top of the porch. I couldn't find a replacement at the mini shop so I had to order it online. While I was waiting I finished the foundation and chimneys and scratch built some porch stairs since the house didn't come with any.

The replacement crown molding showed up yesterday (a perfect match, phew!) and I finished gluing in all the porch trim today. Just doing a last coat of paint on the railings and then the porch will be completely done.

Update: Couldn't resist, I went back to the garage after dinner and finished the porch! Here are a couple of pictures. (Not the best... the camera mysteriously stopped working and I had to use my iPad...)

post-7-0-85054300-1402111328_thumb.jpg post-7-0-05993600-1402111326_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Emily, that's just simply gorgeous! I love the soft but bright color palate that's warm, but crisp and cool all at the same time. It makes me think of sipping lemonade and of fresh, clean laundry drying in the sunshine, and the sound of buzzing bees. It's elegant while still being a warm, welcoming little cottage. <grinning> I love it when a house makes me feel all those emotions at once.

Since the weather didn't work with us yesterday I never got round to do the cutting, instead I kept browsing and making few more finds :) which hopefully will be here in perfect time for our vacation which starts with the Midsummer weekend.

I must also say that I know my mum will be thrilled with all the positive comments onthe rugs she has stitched for me, and I am ever so fortunate with her stitching abilities. Think I need to share a pic of one here, it is the "wrong" side though....

She will happily trade/take comissions as well if someone wants.

Later on today we are going to visit with them at a lovley little inn close by to celebrate both my parents turning 70, dad today and mum in a month.... :yay:

Hugs

• Like 1

Anna, that rug is even more impressive from the back. My maternal grandmother was a genuine Victorian era debutante born in the 1800s who was taught all the "parlor skills" that women were supposed to be adept at to attract the perfect spouse. Her needlework was beyond exception but the one thing I remember her teaching me the most was that the true test of a skilled hand was the reverse side of the piece. It was supposed to be just as pretty as the front. I never managed to reach that level but if my Grandmother could see this, she'd have the utmost respect for your mother and say that she has a fine hand with a needle.

Holly, when you have that mortgage paper burning party, you'd better invite me! You can push me around in my wheelchair coz I'm pretty sure that in thirty years, you and your DH will still be able to run circles around me.

This talk of parental birthdays reminded me that my mother turned 90 last month. (she was almost 40 when she had me). At least I think she's still alive since I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

• Like 1

Emily, that's just simply gorgeous! I love the soft but bright color palate that's warm, but crisp and cool all at the same time. It makes me think of sipping lemonade and of fresh, clean laundry drying in the sunshine, and the sound of buzzing bees. It's elegant while still being a warm, welcoming little cottage. <grinning> I love it when a house makes me feel all those emotions at once.

Thank you!

Anna - I recognize that rug, even from the back! I stitched it recently too. Your mom does beautiful work.

I know that needlework is supposed to have a neat back, but I have heard that the antique pieces that hold up best over a few hundred years are the ones with messy backs, since the threads on the back protect the fabric. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. ;)

• Like 1

...I have heard that the antique pieces that hold up best over a few hundred years are the ones with messy backs, since the threads on the back protect the fabric. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. ;)

That's my story, too, Emily!

• Like 2

Holly, I have heard that too. I suspect that the person that started the rumor did a lot of needlework with messy backs... LOL Actually, it is true though. A lot of the stuff that has lasted is not as neat as it could be on he back.

I finished a fun little project called The Bakery. I found a little suitcase style box in Tuesday Morning and I loved the red, white and black colors with the polka dots and city scene. I had fun trying to make the bake goods from Sculpy. You can check out my efforts in my blog if you like :)

http://roxysminithings.blogspot.com/

• Like 2

I spent the morning starting to Steampunk my workroom... This could take a while...

How's it going? This sounds like a fascinating project and one I can't wait to see when you post pictures. You will have pictures, right? <hopeful look>

Roxy, your bakery is adorable!!! The little details are so sweet! <pun intended> It's everything a little bakery should be and then some.

• Like 1

Deb, I am posting photos on the blog as I go along. Just go there. You will have to go back a few days to see.

You know the drill. Poke "my blog changes daily" beneath my signature. I am not very far along. I am working on the drawers and have plans for some other stuff. It will take time.