What's everyone working on?

Holly I actually would LOVE a refresher...anyone know who else did these once upon a time?

I know they offered some video or classes at one time....sobo glue is on my craft supply list...I gave mine away...figured it would dry out before used again

once I have that I am going to try again...my hope is that I made enough of them that I will remember as soon as I start twisting the wire,,,I hope!!

ty about the hutches....sometimes it just comes together....I also finished one for ME... I had one started but lost my muse and today it just clicked and now I have

one for myself...SNOWMEN....going to make one as a Christmas gift for Antonio's other grandma.....

started a trunk for Pixie's castle....cant wait to see how it evolves.

I have so many hutches and so many items.....I could make one a day for a month...sigh....does that make me stop buying them when I find them? even broken ones??? NO!!! :bop:

• Like 1

Yay Nutti, great to hear that your muse is returning with such great ideas!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your hutches, and those glue flowers are to die for! I think it was Shelly Norris who made those glue flowers as well?

As for me, I have finally been scroll sawing those pieces needed to do the interior shelves for the lighthouse's basement/wine cellar. Now to finalize the shelving areas and cut some more, :clap: happy dance!

Hugs

• Like 1

Didn't Sherri (can't spell) also make the glue flowers? I know someone did! I put your irises into vases I made from seashells and they live on Maggie's front porch beside the door.

• Like 1

I worked most of the day on the Georgian Townhouse yesterday - should have stayed in bed :( FIRST: the floors and interior walls are glued together, but the outer end walls were just fitted into the slots. Instructions say to install the front and back walls, which are split in the middle and hinge open. Done. Then it says to "ease" the side walls off one at a time, add a dab of glue, replace and let dry. Apparently "ease" isn't so easy! Once I took the side wall off one side the whole thing fell apart and I was back to square one on assembly. Finally got it back together. That top corner isn't quite flush ... just one more millimeter ... a bit more pressure ... SNAP!! The corner broke off and landed in limbo. I didn't even see which way it went :( Cut another corner and glued it into place. Will paint it later. SECOND: Time to start the roof assembly. Where are the pieces? What do they look like? Went through the whole box that all the parts are in. Can't find it. Forget it for now! (found them later - already laid out on the table) THIRD: Picked up the plastic case holding a micro horse and buggy delivery wagon, which will go in front of the house. The lid fell off and all the pieces hit the floor! Found the 2 horses, the cart, the man - can't find his whip! Turn on all the lights, get a flashlight, get down on all fours, and LOOK!! Finally found it in the beige carpet. It is one inch long, light brown, and about the same diameter as two cat whiskers.

Yikes CJ, that was an adventoure, glad you did find the whip though ;)

As for me, today is the first day of four weeks of vacation, whohoooo :D and as the weather sort of woke me early with some thunder thunps, no lightning, I figured that today was as good as anyday to sort through the wardrobes, so that is what I have done mostly today.... Sorting through, folding, ironing and putting away those wintery things replacing them with summer clothes etc...

But I have also plotted and planned for the remaining two sections of plywood I need to scroll saw for the shelvings for the wine cellar. Think I might use spackle to dress those though as clay might be to "heavy" looking. Will se after the pieces are primed.

Then it will be on to the claying of the walls and floor, and that will be fuuuun!

Need to space out the fun though as per doc's order since It seems that the work related stress have me in its grip and that prover ial brick wall is close, way closer than I care to admit and right now I have restrictions on how many hours a day I may work, even for the fun things as my brain apparantly doesn't know how to deal with it all, oh well, vacation frees up to do lots of 15 minutes tasks, right?!?

Hugs

I am still working on the Columbians, I got the door attached to the one and as soon as its dried I will be posting it for sale. Still need to paint the upstairs ceilings on the second house, attach the roofs, figure out what I'm doing with the door and then assemble the stairs.

I want to try to make a few pieces of food, but only have one block of clay. I've been wanting to make foods for a while but just too afraid, since it's gotta be cooked. I may try something next week. Someone on here told me I could boil the pieces.

I have so many ideas and so much stuff, I'd really like to use what I have and get rid of a lot of stuff....

Kelly,

The fimo (or cernit) will cure perfectly while boiling, and as the boiling seems to leach out the oil is even more easy to paint after.

Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Hugs

• Like 1

Just another thought about boiling the fimo, I have two pots dedicated only for this, one is really a "melting butter" pot, ie a small one, only a cup or so, and then the other is also fairly small but bid enough to hold larger pieces. It takes only a minute or so to cure cookies or veggies and around five or so to do larger pieces.

I have been fiddling around with the shelf frames and think I have a plan to start with. Need to get out the drill and scroll saw, yay!

Hugs

I got the ceilings painted on the Columbian/ Brookfield rehab...waiting for paint to dry.

I put the ribbon door hinge on the wrong way now I have to remove it and put it on the right way, UGH ! Such a simple thing and I screwed it up. !

I got a bunch of boxes from work yesterday so I can organize my minis. Not sure how I'm going to organize... Maybe by house. Then by subject, lol. I'll have a million different boxes. Kitchen, kitchen tables, kitchen accessories, kitchen chairs, living room, hutches, benches, garden items, beds, nightstands and end tables, wall decor, pets, rugs, oh my this could get very interesting. lol.....

How do you all organize your minis? Is it by room, house, subject ?

I have two different organization system, ie the items that are a clear "must" for the project itself, then there are the finds for "someday"

The items dedicated to the project get their own boxes, by room, then the find and hard-to-resist bargains get sorted by room or items, ie pets get their own, furniture for kitchen their own as well as the accessories divided in those great tackle boxes with lots and lots of small compartements (one for each category).

Now when I do get to orga ize for real, as in getting a small work shop up and running again that will be adream come true (again) I tend to pet the boxes with my crafting stuff every now and again...

Hugs

• Like 1

I have been making wallpaper for days! I am having so much fun making I don't when I will ever use it all! I have been using a simple free downloaded program for photo shopping called XnView and another free program called Office Writer ( like Word but free). I will never have to buy wallpaper again!!! :peace:

• Like 2

I can't make up my mind if I am going to put stairs in or leave them out this time. They are so dang small and I am sure they will be crooked as heck! Then again, its a lot of bashing and thrashing to fill in the holes and camouflage where you left them out. hmmmmmmm I am listening but its not telling me what it wants.

How do you all organize your minis? Is it by room, house, subject ?

I organize a couple of ways...first I definitely keep things I KNOW will be used with a certain house with that house... furniture,trims,maybe's

all of Catriona's MHM supplies are tucked into boxes in the milk crates the house is currently sitting on

when I was sorting from the big move and the boys taking all my small containers and dumped into big box...and I again did the same thing with the box to get the stuff here...I sorted into clear shoe boxes from the dollar Tree

kitchen---foods...dishes...pantry items

gardening----flower pots and flower stuffs...stepping stones(why do I have so much landscaping supplies...I dont usually landscape at all)sigh

1/144th----houses,furniture(who knew I had such a thing :bangin: )

ribbons----keep them on the spools and they fit nicely in a clear shoebox

dolls----I had NO idea I had so MANY dolls...now all in one container

than I have bead organizers which are great for keeping books and other small items

big rubbermaids of Halloween and Christmas

bigger tub filled with all my collected furniture that has no house to call home.......

the rolling drawers from walmart make great organizers and extra work area....I keep ceramic tiles on top of all 3 of mine....

cottage cheese containers great for tools like the 15 or so xacto knives you end up with cuz ya had to buy one cuz ya misplaced one...SIGH

I also found a couple of 1/4 scale puzzle houses that I had received as gifts ...put one together last night and Im gonna paperclay it and try for one of Miss Tracy's stone house for my Christmas Village...that I may dirty wash and haunt....a haunted village can be dressed for Christmas?

finished my snowman hutch and Im so happy with it! all for MEEEEE....

enjoying my new workspace so much!!

• Like 1

DH & I were born four months apart. When he turned 70 he signed the 30-year mortgage on this house.

We refinanced and signed a new 30-year mortgage yesterday. L is 78, I'm 73. The mortgage company doesn't really care. So long as the interest payments are made every month, they're happy campers.

Agnes was my grandmother's name, she was born Oct 30th. She always told us she was one day shy of being a witch, I think it is a good name for your witche's sister.

I came very close to being named Agnes. My father's aunt was named Agnes. St. Agnes's day is January 21. If I'd been born that day, Dad's family would have come down hard for giving me that name. My Mom said she was determined that I wouldn't be born on the 21st if it meant tying her knees together. I cooperated and waited until the 22nd to make my appearance.

Agnes, by the way, means "lamb of God".

• Like 2

Have been sawing up pieces for the real life renovations (slow going but the loft is sort of taking basic shapes, hopefully we'll have an elctrician here next week doing some more prep work) and while we had the big saw out I also got to cut a piece I will use as a distance thingy for the landscaping platform, and right now I am having one of those :doh: momenta, which means I have put one piece in the trash that could be used for the stair pieces, so need to go out to the van and take that piece back out again. Poor hubby just shakes his head at me LOL

I am happy though as that means I have another piece secured to work with. Now to get me a piece of styrofoam and plaster gauze and I am all set for a rainy day :whistle:

Hugs

• Like 1

I built the shell of the HBS Adobe room and patio kit last night :) I have so many ideas for this project!

:hug: oh Marg, please do tell about your plans, sooo looking forward to hearing about you building and creating ;)

Hugs

• Like 3

Hi Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, I know the outside will be paperclay. i'm thinking spackle for the interior. I'm trying to decide the color scheme for now. I have some great native American pottery, but i'm thinking of doing a mixture of western theme with the southwestern. ...more western that southwestern for the interior décor. I want to have detachable landscaping pieces so that I can move the house around easily. i'm thinking stonework for the fireplaces. :)

• Like 2