What's everyone working on?

O.k., I started on the modifying of my Orchid into a Steampunk house. And have posted the first 4 pictures(just a start) I like the way it is going and it will be a long process

because this is all in the mind of a senior citizen with a terrible memory but lots of notes........lol.

Gail :bear: (Bear is helping, so is my cat, Geebs)

My half scale Chantilly arrived today! So tiny and cute! I can't wait to get started but I have to take a trip to Santa Fe first to get paint. I don't know if I can't wait that long! :p

I will probably dry fit it just to play with it a little. ha!

Started labeling piece.......OMG is this house teeny tiny!

• Like 3

Slowly making progress on my Georgian Townhouse. I finally just shaved all the notches off the interior walls and sanded them down to fit. Trying to get all the tabs and slots, top and bottom, and side walls into their slots and notches was just TOO MUCH! :noway: Set a weight on the top floor last night with all the interior walls glued into place, and now I can start on the next part, with is all the interior stairways.

I'm still decluttering the craft room, finding some very interesting things. Things I forgot I had. I'll be real honest and say the 3 people I found the other day. Nana, Ms. Witch and Mr. man are really getting on my nerves. Now they want houses. Nana is waiting on her husband to be found,And wants the scratch built Washington rehabbed. Ms. Witch apparently has a sister ( I don't remember buying her) that is hiding because she did not like the haunted house I moved them into. Ms. Witch is looking at my dollhouses trying to decide which one is suitable, 2 bedrooms and a large kitchen. Mr. Man wants a small house. Thankfully Nana suggested he move into the efficiency apartment above the thrift shop. He seemed happy about it, but did let me know if he moved in I would need to make a partition for the bathroom, and put a small kitchen in. So that is what I will be working on, AFTER the cottage and pink house are finshed being rehabbed.

• Like 1

Yay, right now I have the lighthouse standing on its "head" with six out of seven pieces glued in its basic shape, need to cut of the upper corners to accomodate the steps to the front door. Will do that tomorrow as my head is sooo done for the weekend... Been fiddling with next years schedules for my school, now that is some serious puzzle work...

Four more days and then, four weeks vacation, whohoo!!!

Hugs

Anna. I feel for you; in one incarnation I was a relief supervisor and when one of the regular supervisors was out for surgery I had to make up staffing schedules with everyone on different four-week work cycles and having to stagger duties fairly (there is no kindergarten class so zealous of who gets to do what as the staff where I was working).

• Like 1

Mmm, eyes going a bit crossed after two days with focus and puzzling with the classes/teachers according to the mandatory time etc etc. And I know therewillalways be someone whoopposes itstrongly and will do so loudly... Oh well, I am off to check on the glue joints for the lighthouse basement....

Hugs

I am still looking for Agatha's twin sister. Her name is Agnes...is that a woman's name? Anyway, Agatha the witch is being very persistent, she says she has a twin living in the closet. I am slowly pulling everything out in search for Agnes. We are still talking about last names. Agatha has decided she really wants the Pierce house. I am trying to convince her I can build her a tall townhouse type home with a cellar for her potions. I'm thinking 3 stories tall with a underground cellar. I have it all in my head,lol. The 1st floor will have the Parlor and kitchen. 2nd & 3rd floor will be the bedrooms and each will have a bathroom and maybe even a balcony. Agatha wants it to be aged. I'm thinking of using Luan for the walls, floors and roofs.

I really need to get her excited about this because her home has to have a smaller footprint. The Pierce takes up too much room. The townhouse would be tall so not nearly as much table space as the Pierce takes.

But we've made a huge step, she has a first name !!! And they are both GOOD witches !!

I really hate when I get an idea to build something and don't have the extra $$ to do it. Very frustrating.

Kellee

• Like 1

LOL! Thank You Holly. I was hoping Agatha wasn't going to get me in trouble. Not sure I should be trusting a witch even if she is a good witch. I kept thinking the worse I'll find Agatha's twin sister and call her Agnes and she will zap me.! LOL ! I still don't remember buying 2 of those witches. It's been about 8 years or more, but I can't figure out why I would have bought 2 of the same witches. I'll let you know as soon as I find her, if I do.

Bit of trivia,Kelly: The actress who played Samantha Steven's mother,Endora,(a not always nice witch!)on the old TV show,"Bewitched",was named Agnes Moorehead. I hope your Agnes is a redhead,too! :)

Thanx,Emily,for moving those posts. I still have so much to learn about 24 scale!!

...I can't figure out why I would have bought 2 of the same witches. I'll let you know as soon as I find her, if I do.

Bit of trivia,Kelly: The actress who played Samantha Steven's mother,Endora, ...on...,"Bewitched",was named Agnes Moorehead. I hope your Agnes is a redhead,too! :)

Thanx,Emily,for moving those posts. I still have so much to learn about 24 scale!!

Kelly, you can always paint one of them to make them look different, if they're identical.

Agnes Moorehead also played a lady living alone who was visited by miniscule aliens on "Twilight Zone" and she defended herself with her broom. At the end of the episode the dying aliens made their final report back to Earth to leave her planet alone.

• Like 1

Apologies for my rotten mood yesterday. Holly, the half Chantilly is not as small at the village houses. Its half scale. After working on 1:12 scale it looks tiny. :)

I squished the pieces under tons of books and they look better thank goodness. I promise, no drama today :p

• Like 2

Roxy, welcome to 1:24 scale! If you think it's itty bitty, wait until you decide to finish off and furnish one or more of your 1:48 village houses! (I haven't fone that small, yet!(

I'm hoping third time's the charm for the bathroom windows' lower panes. I have spacers and sills glued, clamped and drying on three of the remaining four windows and then they'll be finished except for hardware. I don't have any Tpins to roll foil around, so I'm hoping a length of some of my wire stash will work as well.

Went thru another box full of mini stuff, half of the stuff I dont want ! I'm debating whether I want to try painting the stuff or not. I think ill take pictures of the stuff as a before pic, and then ifni decide to fancy it all up I'll also have after pics.

I found Agnes !!!! She was peeking out of a drawar when I walked in the craft room this morning. Lol, I snapped a picture beforemshe ducked back in.... then I coaxed her out by talking to Agatha about the house. I'm really not sure about this house deal. I need table space, so I need something with a much smaller footprint then the Pierce.

Kellee

post-71-0-56688400-1403023657_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I snuck in another one while waiting for Miss Angel to come visit grandma and work on the barn. (I will have to build a second one, since she wants to do most of the work??????) I am going to give this one as a surprise to a former co-worker for his adorable little granddaughter. Hope he likes it.

• Like 1

I am spending the day working for Tessie and Zar. They demanded that, since I did housecleaning for myself yesterday, I should clean up some of the mess in their houses that I moved last week. This could take longer than mine. Some of their things got knocked around in the move. I love building... Not cleaning!

• Like 3