What's everyone working on?

haha! Just put some touches of one in the other and visa versa. You can put mahogany colored furniture or picture frames in the foyer and then use white accents in the living room in the furniture and such.

I think if you wanted a little bit of POW in the decor, peacock blue throughout the first floor would be glorious!

You can easily simulate that kind of metal grid using the plastic mesh bags such as Bon Bell cheeses come in, or bags of citrus; stretch them out and spray paint them with silvery aerosol paint.

You can easily simulate that kind of metal grid using the plastic mesh bags such as Bon Bell cheeses come in, or bags of citrus; stretch them out and spray paint them with silvery aerosol paint.

Thanks Holly, but I don't want to simulate it I want the real thing. I'm really not into making things from something else unless I really have to, and especially when the house is for someone else. At any rate, Mesp2k pointed me the right direction by telling me this stuff is called "Diamond Plate", and I was able to find it on eBay. I got 3 pieces of 8x12 silver diamond plate for $5.99 with free shipping, so I'm doing the happy dance :banana:

Well I wasn't seeing it properly, anyway!lol I thought I was looking at the diamond grid-type wire for fencing, not the stuff DH's truck toolbox is made from. There's a lot of disposable sluminum bakeware out there that looks good, Trust Mike to find you what you want, too.

Glued the cabinets together for over the stove, then spent what seemed like hours sanding so the doors will go on <_<

It's going to look the way I want, but my fingers hurt :blink:

I got the staircase hole closed; cut a piece of MDF and filled in around the edge with joint compound. Little sanding and paint and it will be fine :thumb:

I went through my gallery and noticed that some people asked me ?'s and made comments I didn't respond to. I'm so sorry for that; it was while the gallery was not working for me :(

I almost forgot: I finished installing all the crown molding :banana:

I just ordered some things for my playmobile mansion. I know this is like a toy so I don't think I'd get all the little people. Maybe just the ones for the kitchen. The detailing is great though. They have lots of furniture for it on ebay. I got the kitchen last week. I found a bathroom sink, toilet, tub and water heater today. I was outbid on the whole set at the last minute but found the individual pieces. To get the individual tub I had to get a second water heater but may be able to use it in one of my other houses. Most of the furniture is about the same price as regular doll house size. I think playmobile is in between 3/4 and 1/2 scale. I put some clear postage tape in a few spots so it won't come apart on me again. What a job re-assembling without instructions.

My Storybook cottage comes tomorrow. My Princess Anne is on hold for awhile.

I'm knitting a full sized wrap for my sister. Since the pattern is simple while being very pretty, I'm going to try to make it in miniature as well. I bought a bunch of Appleton embroidery wool for miniature projects, so this will be first on the to do list.

I'm knitting a full sized wrap for my sister. Since the pattern is simple while being very pretty, I'm going to try to make it in miniature as well. I bought a bunch of Appleton embroidery wool for miniature projects, so this will be first on the to do list.

The smallest I can go with crochet or knitting is 18" doll size. I have some great old patterns for Barbie crochet but that's really small for me. I should try it though. I did make a very small single crochet stitch afghan for a dollhouse blanket chest but that was ages ago. Since it was folded up, it didn't have to be perfect. :lol:

Just finished window pane trim in the diamond pattern for all of the Tudor kitchen's main windows. After I get all of the smaller windows finished and the sink hardware installed I'll post a pic of the finished kitchen. I still have to build a stove and refridgerator, but that will have to wait until I have the 1st floor finished (within the next month or two).

There was a great 1:24 kitchen stove pattern in the first Dollhouse Miniatures magazine published after Ashdown bought them, that enlarges to 1:12 easily. I have pictures of the two I've built in 1:24 in my La Casita and FF bash albums: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/uploads/1218889693/gallery_8_1766_29432.jpg and http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/uploads/1258334566/sml_gallery_8_3404_175154.jpg

Well, I rested for most of the weekend, but managed to drag myself to my work table on Sunday to do a little work. I drilled some holes, cut some notches and ran the lights for my front door under the house. I've also kinda mapped out the path the the rest of the wires for my lights will take to get under the house to the power strip. So far so good. It looks like I'll be able to run the next 6 sets of wires through the same openings with no trouble.

I dry fit the second floor, and it was a good thing too, because I found that I had some problems with the tabs, so I had to sand them down and apply some real muscle to get the floor to fit in properly. After that I spent some time filling in little holes and gaps around the windows where the mortar didn't reach. I bought one of those plastic syringes with the needle nose nozzle to help with that - total waste of time. It's a good thing I only paid $1.59 for the thing, because it didn't work at all. No matter how big I made the nozzle opening or how thin I made the mix it just wouldn't flow through that tube. Oh well, another lesson learned.

After that I did a litle work making a locker for the firemen's jackets and made a first aid kit to hang on the wall. Since I seemed to be on a roll, I painted some "L" shaped window trim that I had leftover from another kit (never throw away anything) and I'm going to use that in my rooms like crown moulding to hide my LED lights. Not too bad a day for someone who didn't really feel like doing anything.

Isn't it great to 'get on a roll'? I find that if I can just get myself to sit down at my house for five minutes...FIVE MINUTES..and work on something, I get inspired and keep on working. But lately it's been awful hard for me to take that first step. I'm trying, really I am, but I've been in the same mode as Pat/JustOneMore...I just haven't had the enthusiasm.

THEN I decided I'd jumpstart myself by placing an order from HBS..for a new vanity for Pella Bellz' bedroom. IT WORKED! As soon as I had that vanity in hand, I got the urge to get moving again.

Today I'm going to be wallpapering the dining salon. The room involves a false back made of foamcore board, so I can put a door in..that will help to give the illusion that there's more to the house than the rooms that are visible. I'm doing this somewhere on each floor...the bottom rooms each have a door..and on the second, and third, and attic floors..there will be doors in the hallways, that supposedly lead off to the nether regions of Moggie Manor.

I still haven't looked closely at how to place pictures in a gallery on this redone site. I confess that I miss the old site greatly, especially the graphics. Looking at these graphics, (or lack of them) is somewhat akin to living in a sterile, colorless tract house, after leaving a long and cherished family home. I miss the colors the most, I think. Color can do a lot to create mood. Right now, the colors here feel wintery, and if you know where I live..you'll know that I want to think of ANYTHING other than winter.

But I'm trying. I guess one day, things will click..if I can just be determined about it. After doing this post, I found the new choices..the Stone is much better, thank you, Logan. Could you do a green and tan in the future? To me, that's "home".

Yeah, I'm shallow..the layout shouldn't make a difference..it's the people that make a website forum. But I'm human, sentimental, greedy, and resistant to change...Perhaps I should change my avatar to Oscar the Grouch?

I worked real hard yesterday night - I got out my credit card, clicked over to HBS, and bought my first dollhouse kit!! The Fairfield, of course - am so thrilled!!

To bash or not to bash, that is the question :)

Oh, go ahead and bash.:hidebhind: You know you want to, LOL!

Thanks Kabrina and Jeanne! I went for the basic cause I don't know what direction to take it yet. I looked through all the great gallery pictures here on the site and saw some just awesome work done with the Fairfield. Don't remember who but someone even had put a tiny room inside the top of the tower - that is so cool! I have some very mischievous quarter scale dolls who would love to have a little hide out - that might be perfect for them - complete with a tiny door only they can enter...

Anyway, happy to have all of you such experienced nice people to learn from!

Edited by DandelionFair

Finally finished the Tudor kitchen's main windows. Just posted a new pic in my gallery. I'm trying to get it ready for installation (its still a separate, modular component) on the main house before I have to start packing. I doubt I'll get anything done on the house during the entire month of July, so I'm racing to get as much done as I can before then.

I lost steam with the Arthur, so I put it up on the shelf for when I want to work on it again. 1/24th houses are great in that respect, 1/12th houses aren't usually that flexible about being moved to the side... or on the shelf. Next to do is clear off my desk so I can evaluate my progress on the Victorianna and the Morningside. I'm thinking the Vic needs to go on the shelf for a bit, while I finish the construction of the Morningside.

I want to start something new... I've even started sketches and I never do that. But... I need room to work and that means assembling the house that takes up the most space on my work table, and that is the Morningside.

Gotta go! I'm on a mission!

These little 1:144 houses are just too much fun! I'm coming in on the home stretch of the Country Church; glue is drying on the tower. I think I need some pews in here - not sure how I will make those yet :blink:

post-4286-0-10978700-1308728414_thumb.jp