What's everyone working on?

I'm back to working on the 1:144 scale; I had bought several when HBS had a sale so now I'm working on them. Never thought they could be so much fun! :banana:

I've given up on posting pictures on this forum, or trying to access my own Gallery. Clicking on my Gallery has progressed from an error message to a blank page :ohyeah: The gurus said they aren't trying to fix the gallery problems anymore, but have to wait till the next upgrade. So I've just started albums elsewhere -- attached to my signature line is a link to my albums on Shutterfly.com. They don't have any problems with the size of the picture or the operating system of the computer.

I've just posted the latest 1:144 barn I'm working on, and more pictures of the RGT Build-Along are there too, under "Wray's Publishing House".

Love the barn! I have a weakness for red barns. I have two 1:144 scale house kits still in the packages. How do you get such clean finishes and non-warped walls?

Warping is a problem; the paint dries quickly so I weight the pieces down as soon as I can, then touch up the paint later if needed. And I learned to paint EVERYTHING before putting it together. I bought a Garfield kit and it will be the last one I work on (of the ones I already have) because I want to make all my mistakes on the "lesser" ones. I don't expect to ever get a full-sized Garfield, so my tiny one has to be a masterpiece :wub:

I've always been charmed with the notion of putting one of the 1:144 houses into its 1:12 counterpart for the dh children to play with. Micro-Mark is sorely tempting me with a couple of O-scale wooden kits!

I've always been charmed with the notion of putting one of the 1:144 houses into its 1:12 counterpart for the dh children to play with. Micro-Mark is sorely tempting me with a couple of O-scale wooden kits!

Rattling around in this old brain is an idea for a 1:144 village, also :yes: Being so small, it wouldn't take up a whole room to have streets and farm acreage. I've made some houses for a train set, but they are bigger; quarter-scale, I think. I don't know why these tiny things fascinate me so much! I've always been a diehard 1:12 scale person, and I don't care for the 1:24 or the 1:48 scales, but his one I like. Go figure! ;)

I am currently building the tower stairs for the MTC and they are now just shy of two feet tall. I have to add the pieces in increments but I am so pleased with how they are turning out. My initial efforts were so clunky! This is so much more graceful. Too bad who ever winds up with it will not be able to see them once they are in the tower. While they dry, I work on the building itself. Had to have a mini conference with Rik Pierce when I ran into some problems attaching the bay window to the structure and rebuild of the windows. Had a bunch of questions regarding the windows and the tower construction and he was so patient and helpful. Learned some stuff that is not apparent in the pictures of East of the Moon and also this was his initial piece that got him into the mini world and appearance at Chicago all those years ago. I have been blessed to be able to take a couple of classes with him and learned so much!!!!!

Would love to add some pictures of the progress but can't seem to load them here. Have to still find another site to rearchive my pictures as the old one closed down. I tried Webshots but they do not support Mac computers and although I can load pictures, cannot organize or delete pictures so I am back to square one. Sigh!!!!!!

Beverly, is your MTC based on the Buttercup the way Rik's East of the Moon was?

Yes Holly, Rik told me that when he first started in to minis the gentleman who was working for him said he wanted to build a dollhouse (I think for a daughter) and the Buttercup was on sale for 9$ at that time so he bought several and began experimenting. Incidently the other gent never did build his but Rik did and the rest is as they say history. If you go to Rik's page on webshots you will see several of his creation and careful looking will reveal where those other Buttercups went!

... Would love to add some pictures of the progress but can't seem to load them here. Have to still find another site to rearchive my pictures as the old one closed down. I tried Webshots but they do not support Mac computers and although I can load pictures, cannot organize or delete pictures so I am back to square one. Sigh!!!!!!

Have you tried www.shutterfly.com? I'm moving all my pictures to their website. Don't know about the Mac but I think they are flexible. I can upload pix to a comment in a thread like this, but not to my Gallery.

My situation is just the reverse; when I have wi-fi I can upload pictures to my Gallery from "My Pictures", but I can't seem to import them to my posts!lol

In the course of installing kitchen baseboards I have figured out some problem solving (due to this being a rehab, not a build of a NIB kit).

Beverly, have you tried Flickr? I have a few albums there under another name, it seems decent all around.

I set up an account there today. It appears that the forum gallery isn't going to be fixed any time soon so I will upload my spring fling pics to Flickr.

Both sites have been recommended but I have not had time to sit down and look at them. RL has kept me busy and other then a little mini time on the MTC I have been on the run.

My work room is clearing out- The Lady Ashley is finished and to its new home, as is the Princess Anne. :banana:

Now to do some serious work on the Alexandria! However....my Highland is feeling quite forlorn and neglected, so I think I will have to throw in a few hours on getting it finished. I would really like to have it mostly done by the time my daughter comes to visit in mid July.

My Build-Along has been shelved for the moment. :glare: My weekends are getting pretty full, and I just don't think I will be able to get enough time to finish it this summer. Besides, I need the counter space to work on a cake decorating project!:yes:

The other project is my Bellingham Farmhouse-- which needs the ceilings painted or papered. It also needs the electric fixed, but at this point I may just give up and just use battery lights. It also is sorely in need of a new place to be -other than my workroom floor! :doh: It's rather difficult to move around such a monsterous house! Of course the cat likes it because he can sit on the roof and watch me at table level. He also enjoys using the wood shingles as his scratching post. dry.gif

Looks to me like I have plenty to keep me busy this summer!

Spent a couple of hours today building a locker for the firehouse. Then I wired the embers for the office fireplace and found the perfect little white box that I can use on the wall for the first aid kit. Printed up some signs and labels and called it an afternoon. Think I'll do a little reading, probably on firehouses, and turn in early for a change and try to get some sleep.

I finished "Uncle Ed's Barn" in the 1:144 scale, to go with the Country Farmhouse.

post-4286-0-31716600-1308268734_thumb.jp

post-4286-0-92267500-1308268752_thumb.jp

The next one on my list is the little Country Church. I'm glad I bought the kit when I did -- I went back to HBS to see if I could get another picture of it, and it's gone! More pictures of the farmhouse and barn are in my Shutterfly Gallery. (Link below) If the weathervane looks a bit crooked -- I'm afraid it is! I had it on, perfectly straight, stuck into its little microscopic slot when a freak accident occured. Holding an applicator with glue in one hand, and the picket fence in the other, the applicator touched the tip of the paintbrush in the water-glass, stuck to it, then flipped the paintbrush into limbo (landing on the carpet :angry: ) and apparently on the way down clipped off the weathervane. :unsure: I didn't even see it until later. So I glued it back on, no longer in a slot since the wood broke, and kept holding it as the glue dried. Guess I gave up a little too soon!

Having it a little crooked adds character :giggle: Just checked out your shutterfly, your village is adorable!

Thanks, everyone. I started working on the little Country Church last night. It's tricky doing a "dry-fit" on such tiny pieces! This building is a bit more complex, with a large (!) sanctuary, a small foyer in front, and 2 corridors down the sides. Plus a tower. :unsure:

Great little farm!

I picked up 1/3 of a yard of cloth for the kitchen curtains. Not something I've ever done before, but I'm going to give it a try this weekend. Right after I add the diamond framing to the windows.

I do have another question. The only room left on the 1st floor is the dining room. I thought I would wallpaper it, but I'm not sure what pattern to use, and the house is a "Tudor inspired" house built between 1990 and 2010, so it's a modern house and wallpaper might be dated. Any suggestions regarding colors (if I paint) or wallpaper patterns? I'm not too bad at building a house, but sometimes interior design just stumps me.

Jeremy, try googling the diningroom wallpaper in the George Mason house, its original was a handpainted chinoiserie design of peacocks and florals in bright primary colors on a yellow ground, hung within the panels, with the trim either white or eggshell (going from memory here), and see what you think.

Jeremy, I googled that just to see what would come up and CREAM, CHOCOLATE, SAGE green and a warm pale PEACH seemed to crop up a lot.

If you want to see for yourself, i used " tudor inspired interior" and it pulled up some really beautiful stuff. I think that you could easily "modernize" any of it.

I think a buttercream color would look really nice, too. Consider the rooms on either side of the dining room when choosing your colors. You want them to flow together. The color/style shift shouldn't be so harsh that is traumatizes the eyes and brain.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently putting finishing touches on a few items before I fill up the Fling and get ready to take pictures at the end of the weekend!

Jeremy, I googled that just to see what would come up and CREAM, CHOCOLATE, SAGE green and a warm pale PEACH seemed to crop up a lot.

If you want to see for yourself, i used " tudor inspired interior" and it pulled up some really beautiful stuff. I think that you could easily "modernize" any of it.

I think a buttercream color would look really nice, too. Consider the rooms on either side of the dining room when choosing your colors. You want them to flow together. The color/style shift shouldn't be so harsh that is traumatizes the eyes and brain.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I am currently putting finishing touches on a few items before I fill up the Fling and get ready to take pictures at the end of the weekend!

Oops. My white foyer is right next to the mahogeny living room.:doh: