What's everyone working on?

My usual summer things....... pouring new dolls, cleaning them, firing them, painting them.....I know - boring! But to me it's "bringing little people to life - one little person at a time!"

Doesn't sound boring to me - I love to see your little people arrive on the planet. :wave:

I am cutting wallpaper, measuring for wall additions, and sanding trim, windows and doors for my Alexandria.

Some of the rooms don't have a nice doorway...or like this 2nd floor bedroom example- no real doorway between the hall and the bedroom at all! Stupid design! :angry: So I am installing a wall with French doors so the occupants have a bit more privacy. :yes: post-5285-0-89052800-1310066751_thumb.jppost-5285-0-74455200-1310066791_thumb.jp

Spring Fling all over, done and packed away so that I have space to work again.

Today I've been finishing off a gypsy girl I started to make a couple of days ago - she's been a troublesome little lady but she's happy now.

Emptied the kiln, put the things to be china painted in another area, and poured more to re-fill the big kiln once more! No time in the summer for dollhouses......have to make bodies while the weather is good.

Am building up the base for the MTC that will surround the basement portion and form the under layer for the landscape sculpting. I also put together a smaller SDK Medieval bed kit. Will require a bit of modification to fit into the attic bedroom. Got some fabric for pillows and a piece of fur fabric I want to try making a rug and a throw out of. Anyone have any tuits for that?

Spent the day finally loading up my house! I can't believe how much stuff I had squirreled away :groucho: It looks sooo nice! Now if I can only get my camera to take a decent picture I'll bee all set.

Still waiting on a couple of orders to finish it off. A little molding, some pictures and landscaping. Right now my landscaping closely resembles astroturf :lol:

Will try to post some pics after dinner...I think a small war has broken out in the back room

just got done staining trim for 2 rooms in the foxhall, and i painted some trim one coat of white paint for one of the rooms, i'll give it a couple of more coats tomorrow. There are so many rooms to this house. i really thought i'd be overwhelmed and bored doing the trim. i'm just taking a couple of rooms at a time and that is helping! after i get this particular trim finished and hung (that i worked on today), i'll be ready to tackle the main part of the house. ....i have already completed trim in one of those rooms and two of the other rooms will be simple trimwork since i will have cabinets and bookcases taking up most of the space and reaching up almost to the ceiling. about half of the rooms in the main part of the house will be stained so taht willl make things move along quickly as well. once i get all the interior done i need to work on exterior trim, the foundation stonework, porch brickwork and the asphalt shingles. Then i do believe i will be finished with this house! Lots of work left to do but getting there! I need to start clearing one of my spare bedrooms for display space, this house will be enormous...it has the main body of the house, two story addition on each side and then a conservatory on each side of that....oops almost forgot that i need to install all of the light fixtures! i can't wait to finish and decorate this house!

i've been slowly accumulating wallpaper for the queen anne, i should have all that i need now. getting lots of ideas for finishing this house as well! Not sure what my next project will be after i get the foxhall completed, but i want to have something to work one when i get bored or outf of ideas for the queen anne. :idiot:

I've been looking through Wolfie's gallery. Mind blowing work. I'm not a "doll guy", but I know quality work when I see it. Amazing.

I took another break from packing and built the dining room's fireplace mantle. This one turned out much better than my last attempt. Working with mostly right angles made a huge difference. Guess I'll leave rounded columns to the pros.

I've been looking through Wolfie's gallery. Mind blowing work. I'm not a "doll guy", but I know quality work when I see it. Amazing.

She does incredible work, doesn't she? I'm planning to buy one of her dolls, they are so well done!

Love Wolfie'd dolls/little persons as well!!!

As for me, I am going to actually do some serious mini-ing, am just about to open the pack of a Swedish version of paper clay, eeek, and try to make a floor.... Wish m e luck!!!! :unsure: Slightly nervous here....

HUGS

Still hyperventilating here LOL but this is what I have so far:

post-90-0-65403400-1310647431_thumb.jpg

Now to see how it dries, cracks or needs to get rid of... :blink: Phew, it was fun, lots of ooops and shooot....

Hugs

Edited to add, I stole inspiration from Deb's floor in her lighthouse, thank you!!! ;)

Still hyperventilating here LOL but this is what I have so far:

post-90-0-65403400-1310647431_thumb.jpg

Now to see how it dries, cracks or needs to get rid of... :blink: Phew, it was fun, lots of ooops and shooot....

Hugs

Edited to add, I stole inspiration from Deb's floor in her lighthouse, thank you!!! ;)

NICE!

Your floor is fantastic, Anna! Fingers are crossed that it dries perfectly ... but even if it doesn't ... paperclay is so easy to work with, you'll be able to fix any crack or imperfection that happens. :D

I think I'm finally in the z_o_n_e again...

nice warm, dry weather, I'm feel'n good. cloud9.gif

Bought some luan plywood, measured & cut out most of the house in about 2-1/2 hrs...

Oh I'm scratch-building a 1/12 dollhouse, 18" x 24", 2 story colonial w/attic...

Came up with some simple solutions dealing with the construction... Lighten.gif

The parts to the house pretty much just slide into place - just a few screws in the base lock it all together...

I broke the structure up to make it ez to decorate...

Photos coming soon to a gallery near you.... mf_popcorn.gif

Waiting for my last delivery of trim for the Vermont Jr. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Then a little more white paint and installing and the house is finished!!! Landscaping is coming along well too. My trellis stayed on wonderfully so it's time to put the roses on in the morning :) Loads of RL stuff to do as well since we are leaving for NH Sunday.

More progress with additions. Really tired so taking my Kindle to bed to read a bit then zzzzzzz.

Getting a red X instead of image. It's in my ''Linda's Cozy Corner' album.

nite all,

LindaC

I was going to wait till the weekend to start the renovation on my Irish Cottage but last night figured it was close enough LOL. Sketched up a game plan for what I want done then began. I removed the cross bars in the windows cut window material in the correct sizes, made some chinked (not sure if that's the right word) beams for over the door and windows on the exterior, started installation of a new hanging lantern, touched up stain work and emptied the house so it'll be easier to work on. :banana: And I only cut myself once! Woohoo! It was a good night.

Well, it looks like most of my mini-ing will have to be put on hold for a while, I've finally decided to accept the truth that I'm going to have to move. The rent on this place has been going up steadily for the last 7 years, and I just can't keep doing it. I've put in applications to a couple of places, and while I wait to see where I'm going to land, I've started getting things ready. Two of my girlfriends are coming over tomorrow to help me start breaking down my kitchen and getting things packed. My biggest fear is that I won't have as much space in a new place as I have here (which isn't much either, but enough to keep me happy). I have mini stuff and houses sitting out now that I'm going to have to hide (heaven knows where) because one of my friends has to bring her kids with her and the Laurel and the firehouse are Xmas presents for her little ones.

This moving thing is a real bummer, I love the neighborhood I'm in, it's close to everythng I need, and I really don't want to give up my balcony but as they say Cie la vie! Gotta do what you gotta do. I'm hoping to find something where I can move in on August 1st, so it's all hands on deck for the packing. Think I'm also going to have to give away quite a lot of stuff, but they say if you haven't used it in the last 6 months then you probably don't need it, so I'm not too too bummed at that. So wish me luck guys, that something turns up quickly, cause I just can't justify paying this new rent even for one month (it cuts into my mini money way too much.) and as my son would say "not for nothing, but it burns my bacon!".

Anna, your floor is amazing - what a great job you did painting it! :yes:

Judith - perhaps you will find an even better place, and be glad you were pushed into this move. :) Fingers crossed!