What's everyone working on?

I dryfit Mildred's second floor divider walls so I could study about decorating the various rooms. Half of me is tempted to stop until after the move, but then she'd never get done and I can't ignore such a diva!

These little 1:144 houses are just too much fun! I'm coming in on the home stretch of the Country Church; glue is drying on the tower. I think I need some pews in here - not sure how I will make those yet :blink:

post-4286-0-10978700-1308728414_thumb.jp

I love those little houses! Have you seen the ones that sdk carries? I used to have a bunch of 1/144 houses, but ended up giving away most of them as gifts.

I love those little houses! Have you seen the ones that sdk carries? I used to have a bunch of 1/144 houses, but ended up giving away most of them as gifts.

Who is sdk? So far I've only purchased them from Ernie at Hobby Builders Supply. Would love to see some more. When I finish this church I'll start on the Garfield, and that's the last one I have on hand.

I have actually finished my Spring Fling Project!!Well, as much as we EVER finish a project.

I researched and drew plans..build had other ideas so I had to change my idea..but I bashed,

cut out(with an Exacto no less!),painted,spackled,created,sewed,molded,designed,landscaped,

and spent many,many hours on this.What fun I had!My best creation yet!!Not ready to send in pictures yet..too early.But soon!!!! :wave:

Who is sdk? So far I've only purchased them from Ernie at Hobby Builders Supply. Would love to see some more. When I finish this church I'll start on the Garfield, and that's the last one I have on hand.

Here you go: http://sdk.miniature.net/

You are either going to love me or hate me for this. lol

I just bought the French Collection. I want to start on it this weekend.

I have actually finished my Spring Fling Project!!Well, as much as we EVER finish a project.

I researched and drew plans..build had other ideas so I had to change my idea..but I bashed,

cut out(with an Exacto no less!),painted,spackled,created,sewed,molded,designed,landscaped,

and spent many,many hours on this.What fun I had!My best creation yet!!Not ready to send in pictures yet..too early.But soon!!!! :wave:

Congratulations Llyn, can't wait to see all the entries. I've have fun with mine too - well most of the time. The worst bit has been taking pictures and I'm hoping that one day soon I'll get a pic that says "YES" loud and clear - but its not happening yet.

That's beautiful! Is that a kit or a one off?

Thanks Matt. No its not a kit, just a plain old wooden chest from the craft store that I customised - bit of polymer clay, leather, paint and a few embellishments.

Yipee! My Diamond Grid flooring came yesterday, and I installed it today. It's exactly what I wanted. For some reason the forum is not allowing me to attach a picture of it, so I guess I'll have to try putting it in my gallery. If it works, it will be the last photo in Vincent's Firehouse. Wish me luck. I also added some finishing touches to the office wall unit, added the inside window trim on the first floor, and painted all the window sills.

Judith, it looks perfect! It showed up in the recent pictures at the top of the forum home page.

gallery_4992_5114_56847.jpg

Check out the Tech Support subforum, Logan has been patiently teaching me about transporting photos...

Thanks Matt. No its not a kit, just a plain old wooden chest from the craft store that I customized - bit of polymer clay, leather, paint and a few embellishments.

Jo, I love your pirate chest! I hadn't thought of using polymer clay. I need to track down some bits of leather for my Hogwarts trunk. Your pirate chest is inspiring me!

Thanks guys on the floors, I really needed that boost today. it' s 9:33 p.m. and I just spent 9 hours trying to work out the virus kinks in my computer. Suffice it to say that it didn't work, so I disconnected it from the internet and the power source and had to set up the laptop. It's like stepping back into the stone age with the difference in the speed. It takes forever to get anything done. Between that and re-establishing all my "favorite" links on the top without benefit of the internet on the big pooter, it's been quite a day. Only got part of the fav's done, it's going to take days to get all of that finished and I'm really ticked cause I could have sworn that I exported a copy of all the sites in a bookmark within the last month, but the only bookmark file I can find is ages old with none of my good stuff. And I'm going to have to switch out the keyboard as well cause I just can't work with my hands and arms this close together on this top. So that's what I'll be doing for the next few days, hopefully I can get it finished by Sunday.

Jo I love your treasure chest, you always make the most amazing accessories and accent pieces.

Some mini-stuff yesterday, mostly moving my workspace around. Then spent the day wishing for a dedicated work/display room.. :( I also found a lovely paint stain :doh: Any suggestions for how to get up dried paint from carpet?

Going to try to get my base painted some more today. That was yesterday's plan too, but it rained so hard I couldn't see across the street. I'm waiting on some orders that contain stuff I need to start the final push to finishing!!

Judith, I'm so sorry to hear about your computer troubles :( Do you know any teenager computer geeks? Sometimes they like those little projects; hope it gets fixed soon.

Jo, I knew that chest would be stolen once you showed all that lovely treasure! I once dressed up as a pirate "wench" for a jewelry store I worked in. Long flowery skirt, white top, wide black belt, and rings on every finger as well as necklaces and earrings. Most fun I ever had at that job :ohyeah:

I'll be taking pictures of my finished Fling today and hopefully cleaning up my work room to move onto the next build. Excited to see everyone's finished Flings!

Jo- my oldest son, 4, LOVES your pirate chest and is sad that it is gone. I am supposed to tell you this. :)

Do you know any teenager computer geeks? Sometimes they like those little projects; hope it gets fixed soon.

LOL I actually "made my own". He may not be a teen any more, but my son is my personal computer geek. Problem is he lives in Atlanta. So I'll just have to wait until he comes up for the 4th. The laptop is not too too bad, it's just slow as old Harry. I probably could have fixed it myself with the security links I have, but I'm cut off from the internet with that machine so it's something he'll have to address. Thank God for children with skills.

• Like 1