What's everyone working on?

I finally got some mini work done yesterday. Mostly yard repairs on the MacKenzie House. I'm sanding boards for the new foundation's flooring this evening and will hopefully pull an all nighter to work on other parts of the house.

At this point I could work 24 / 7 and it still won't be ready for Chicago International. It's too late to back out of the show, so I'll be there, but nothing will be ready to sell.

• Like 1

Indeed Mary! Have spent some time reading and pondering and just having a plainfun reading time so far, will see when we can actually try something though...

Have had the green house kit out and fiddling with it adjusting things so that it will sit nicely propped up against one of the sides on the lighthouse and am wondering can one get to many of these gorgeous lil' kits??? i can here a few of the other kits starting to mumble about what they would do with it if I had a few more around... Think when the SF comes around there will be some included in that purchase... ;)

Hugs

• Like 1

Soooo, still so looking forwars seeing the spring fling giving some extra energy stering the actual plotting of the external set of stairs for the cellar in the lighthouse... Me and the ruler needs to come to some sort if an agrement ;)

• Like 1

Soooo, still so looking forwars seeing the spring fling giving some extra energy stering the actual plotting of the external set of stairs for the cellar in the lighthouse... Me and the ruler needs to come to some sort if an agrement ;)

Hugs

post-90-0-09476000-1364931449_thumb.jpg

Making a bazillion little slate tiles for my roof. I put a skim coat of spackle on some cardstock, painted it shades of gray and am cutting out all the tiles now. I wanted a bit of a space between the tiles. Happy with the way it is turning out. I googled RL slate roofs to get some ideas.

• Like 1

I am trying my hand at making a sculpty doll with a cloth body. I bought the Imagination House on a huge sale after Christmas and want to make my second one into an early 1940's farm house like the one my Great Aunt Wilma and Uncle Everett had.

Meet Wilma.

I still have a lot of work to do!

post-6356-0-56196300-1365001246_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-55465700-1365001282_thumb.jp

• Like 1

What am I, crazy??? I couldn't resist buying the HBS Garden Party Gazebo at $12.99

Garden Party Gazebo
$12.99
Coupon Code WPC3326 MUST be entered in the Coupon Code box of your online order form to receive the discount.

Regular price $49.95???

Chris....Wilma looks great. I've been playing with polymer clay for a bit now and am finding I get better every single time I pick up the clay. It took me quite awhile to make a doll look as good as Wilma so if you are just starting, BRAVO! I am very impressed.

Also, something I found which is probably obvious but none the less, it is easier to make characters than traditional normal looking people. I do great really really old people :) and monkeys :) I figure what the heck, they're good practice.

I am trying my hand at making a sculpty doll with a cloth body. I bought the Imagination House on a huge sale after Christmas and want to make my second one into an early 1940's farm house like the one my Great Aunt Wilma and Uncle Everett had.

Meet Wilma.

I still have a lot of work to do!

Hello Wilma! Nice! A few weeks ago I made the head, hands, and feet to a little 1/2" scale lady. Not sure how I feel about her yet. Maybe she will grow on me or I'll end up trying again.

Hello Wilma! Nice! A few weeks ago I made the head, hands, and feet to a little 1/2" scale lady. Not sure how I feel about her yet. Maybe she will grow on me or I'll end up trying again.

How about a picture of her? Wilma was hard enough, I can't imagine half scale. I had no prior experience with polymer clay and found the hands really hard to make and had to keep smoothing out where my fingernails would make marks. I have to have those fingernails for guitar playing so I just have to learn to work with that handicap.

How about a picture of her? Wilma was hard enough, I can't imagine half scale. I had no prior experience with polymer clay and found the hands really hard to make and had to keep smoothing out where my fingernails would make marks. I have to have those fingernails for guitar playing so I just have to learn to work with that handicap.

She isn't assembled yet. I'll try working on her tomorrow and see what happens. The hands are truly the most difficult in the 1/2" scale. I made three heads for my little old spinster lady. I wanted to name her "Prudence". The other two heads are so bad - I'm going to name one Neanderthal and the other Cro Magnon!!! I need practice at this! :D

Hahahahaha! Me, too! What kind of body are you making for her? I'm going to try a cloth body on a wire armature, but I'm a total newbie at this.

I had a wonderful basset hound named Prudence. We called her Dear Prudence.

How about Tala and Lana from the movie, Caveman (with Ringo Starr?)

Can you tell I'm a Beatles fan? :music_band:

• Like 1

Hahahahaha! Me, too! What kind of body are you making for her? I'm going to try a cloth body on a wire armature, but I'm a total newbie at this.

I'm just going to use muslin for the body with some wire going thru to the arms and down to the legs. Not sure what is going to work good - so she is kind of my experimental model. I think if I try this again, I'll make the head with a breast plate. Right now she has a long neck with a hole in it so I can sew it to the body. Same with the arms and legs (which only go up to the knee. She is also currently bald!! Poor thing!

So the lighthouse and I are decidding how to dress the outside, making a few adjustments to the greenhouse from last year's SF (adorable little building ;) ) and now it craves a couple of old grape vine plants in it so off and looked and found a few grape leafe punches so ordered those and will have some time to fiddle with the trunk and vine part first.

Hugs

Put on the 2nd floor ceiling/3rd floor floor. Ripped off and replaced dining room floor as there was a gap between the veneer pieces when it dried. It was too large to ignore and too small for a decent repair. I am still waiting to find a piece with this kit that fits!

Put on the 2nd floor ceiling/3rd floor floor. Ripped off and replaced dining room floor as there was a gap between the veneer pieces when it dried. It was too large to ignore and too small for a decent repair. I am still waiting to find a piece with this kit that fits!

That was at 9:35 am. At 2:30pm I was ready to take a hammer to it. Of course the dividers for the third floor don't fit like a glove and even using contortions, I can't get the back to fit. So I made a bowl of Tabbouleh instead.
  • Like 1

Janet, it sounds like you are having an awful time. What kit? Did you do a dry fit and have it all work? I know I have to walk away from things like that quite often, then come back later. Much much later in some cases :)

I am working on the Beacon Hill I found on craigslist. My goal today is to get the base coat of color on the part of the house that is already sided. Fun :) Progress!

How about Tala and Lana from the movie, Caveman (with Ringo Starr?)

Can you tell I'm a Beatles fan? :music_band:

Okay - here is a picture of Prudence. I just stuck some scrap material on her and it is just pinned - that way it covers up what a sloppy job I did on making her body! I wasn't sure if I was going to like her or not, so I didn't spend much time on the body itself. She is starting to grow on me a bit. Hair makes all the difference! She is just a tad over 2 1/2" high and fits perfectly in the 1/2" scale bed I made. Oops! Picture didn't attach! See next post!

Okay - here is a picture of Prudence. I just stuck some scrap material on her and it is just pinned - that way it covers up what a sloppy job I did on making her body! I wasn't sure if I was going to like her or not, so I didn't spend much time on the body itself. She is starting to grow on me a bit. Hair makes all the difference! She is just a tad over 2 1/2" high and fits perfectly in the 1/2" scale bed I made. Oops! Picture didn't attach! See next post!

I don't see an attachment. :sad?: