What's everyone working on?

LOL! I think we were posting at the same time. I got a body on Wilma, now she needs clothes.

Yep - I just saw that! Clothes definitely help, expecially in Prudence's case!. I think I am going to make her a new body. She does not have a very womanly/matronly shape. Then to try to make her some decent clothes.

Janet, it sounds like you are having an awful time. What kit? Did you do a dry fit and have it all work? I know I have to walk away from things like that quite often, then come back later. Much much later in some cases :)

I am working on the Beacon Hill I found on craigslist. My goal today is to get the base coat of color on the part of the house that is already sided. Fun :) Progress!

The tabbouleh was great and I got the back to fit! It was so slightly warped. Took care of that and will glue later this morning. Will deal with the paritions after the back dries. More important I get the back to fit properly, even though the directions have that done after the third floor is completed. I did do a dry fit up to the top floor. The kit is the 1:24 Morningside Mansion.

So........I will admit ignorance. What is tabbouleh? I know I can google it but would rather a real person tell me :)

I checked out the Morningside Mansion. Nice house. Looks to be well worth the trouble.

And PRUDENCE..........ya'll quit worrying about your bodies! This lady looks awesome! I too am finding polymer clay to be a fantastic medium. Dollhouse people have never been so easy and great looking. Critters too. Yep. Prudence is a keeper.

Today I hope to work more on my Beacon Hill, before and after Friday errands :) It faces out a large window in our home and I want the outside looking good before Spring Fling starts.

• Like 1

Well, I'm on the last day of my spring break, and have done zero mini-ing. :(

And I am so ready to get this Harrison off my table and start working on something else. Like the nursery room box I have to do for a new baby that was born a couple weeks ago... And then... something for me!!

So........I will admit ignorance. What is tabbouleh? I know I can google it but would rather a real person tell me :)

It is a salad made with bulgur(cracked wheat), green onions and/or cucumbers, parsley and tomato with an olive oil and lemon dressing. It is yummy!

• Like 1

As in vegan, right? Hmmmmmmm.............do you make it? Do I get a recipe? :) My 4 year old requires a vegan diet. I am vegetarian, almost vegan. I am new to this parenting a vegan thing though and slowly learning what actually tastes good.

Sooo........do food and dollhouses go together for anyone else for the same reason they do me? My current build is sitting on the kitchen table :)

Guess what? The Harrison main structure is mainly glued together! Yippee! All but the bay/tower pieces, and the roof.

While the glue is drying I'll probably start punching out and sanding the tower and bay pieces.

There's probably some things I'm going to regret not doing before glueing, like painting the ceilings, but I needed to get going on this, and starting the build makes me motivated. Oh well, I can do all that while built, it'll all be fine!

• Like 2

Just finishing up the slate roof on the house.

I think I hear crickets in here......it is so quiet in the forums lately! WHere is everyone? Waiting for Spring Fling? echo....echo...echo...

• Like 2

I finished my first little dollhouse doll. I originally thought she was going to be my Great Aunt Wilma for my 1930's build, but she morphed into the gypsy girl, Mahja, today. Sadly, when I was cleaning I failed to find her little flamenco guitar, so I gave her a basket of flowers to peddle instead. I posted two pics in my gallery. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=88866

I finished my first little dollhouse doll. I originally thought she was going to be my Great Aunt Wilma for my 1930's build, but she morphed into the gypsy girl, Mahja, today. Sadly, when I was cleaning I failed to find her little flamenco guitar, so I gave her a basket of flowers to peddle instead. I posted two pics in my gallery. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=88866

I just saw the pictures. Love what you did with the clothes! My poor Prudence is sadly neglected the last few days, as I needed to finish the roof shingles on her house. Mahja looks in good proportion, that is a problem with Prudence. I think her head is too big for her body - so I will try to re-work that.

Thanks. She looks a lot better with a body!

Are you going to post pics of your slate roof? I'd love to see it.

Will post pics in a few days. I have one row of shingles left to do, then I want to do some extra shading in a few spots. I am making corbels for the very top piece of the roof. The shingles came out really well. I put spackle on bristol paper, painted it shades of gray, then cut. When you cut some of it chips off and gives that layered kind of look like real slate.

• Like 1

Just finishing up the slate roof on the house.

I think I hear crickets in here......it is so quiet in the forums lately! WHere is everyone? Waiting for Spring Fling? echo....echo...echo...

Mahja and Zita just ooze personality! I find that looking long and hard at real people in motion makes character dolls look more like people than the "pretty" dolls.

Pat, I just got back and have three full pages of new posts to read, so it hasn't been any quieter than usual!

• Like 1