What's everyone working on?

Where were you Holly? Great to have you back!

This is the last year our friend was leading the Panhandle Trace hike, which is a hike from the Alabama state line to Fort Pickens: http://www.floridahikes.com/on-the-2013-panhandle-trace-hike that takes nine days. I finally got to finish the parts I hadn't done before, since between my arthritis and sciatica I have difficulty going more than five or six miles.

That sounds like fun, Holly, and the right season to do that hike. The photos look amazing!

Have you thought about acupuncture? I have had amazing results with that for my sciatica.

BTW, thank you for your comments on Mahja and Zita. Personality and character were what I was going for so I'm glad that came through.

Got some minis in the mail today, whohoo and yay always fun ;) and while hubby is dealing with collegial phone support (computer and installations should work at an instance, right?!? especially it e collegue is abroad trying his hardest to get it right and just about ready to throw in the towel...) so had a nice time finishing "Murder in Miniature" by Margare Grace and I am sooo hooked so need to order the rest of them.

Have also been fiddling and tweaking the greenhouse and need to play with the paper clay real soon to get the newly added foundation look like stone.

Hugs

• Like 1

Oooh, that sounds like fun. I ran over to Amazon and ordered one for myself... I love to find a new series.

I think Michael's is having a 50% off of one item sale this week. Great time to get paper clay.

• Like 1

Oooh, that sounds like fun. I ran over to Amazon and ordered one for myself... I love to find a new series.

I think Michael's is having a 50% off of one item sale this week. Great time to get paper clay.

Unless something has changed recently, none of our local Michael's carry paperclay. You are LUCKY. I love paperclay and 50% off sounds awesome! And don't forget, you can use Joann's (any competitor I think) coupons at Michael's.

A.C. Moore has a 50% off coupon this week as well.

Finally got back to work on the rowhouse this weekend. I had to rip out the attic wallpaper I agonized over, because the glue showed through the paper and discolored it. I've never had that problem before, but then again I've never really made my own printie wallpaper before, either. The wallpaper I'm using in the entry/stair room might have had the same problem but the pattern is very busy so you can't really tell. I'll finish the second floor stair room with the same paper but will have to come up with a Plan B for the rest of the rooms. Luckily I hadn't gotten very far with wallpaper... I guess all the problems I ran into were a blessing in disguise!

So, this weekend I redid the attic rooms with off-white scrapbook paper. It has a sort of cross-hatch texture to it that you can only see up close. (I haven't checked it today, hopefully it didn't have the same discoloration problem as the other wallpaper. This paper's thicker, so hopefully not!) With the busy Victorian designs I initially planned on, I was having a hard time coming up with two papers that would look okay with the (also somewhat busy) cross stitch carpets and wouldn't clash in these side by side rooms, so having the rooms match and having simpler walls will be better in the long run. Just wish I hadn't wasted so much time on wallpaper that didn't end up working...

Now I'm making wainscot panels to cover the knee walls. Here's a sneak peek.

post-7-0-84484800-1365478718_thumb.jpg post-7-0-22575400-1365478722_thumb.jpg post-7-0-14733200-1365478728_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The paper was something special for color inkjet printing (Epson brand, I think) that I've been using for years. The glue was Minigraphics wallpaper mucilage. Spray adhesive might be an option but I'm done spending time and money trying to figure this out, just gonna move forward. :) I have scrapbook paper that'll work in most of the other rooms, just have to figure out what to do in the living room and office (the two rooms with bay windows, which I want to be somewhat formal).

Didn't accomplish much today, but did a shopping run to Michael's and A.C. Moore. Got a few $1 punches in the bargin bins that I can use to make flowers with, plus some fancy brackets to use on the porch so I can hang some flower baskets. Had to use those 50% off coupons on something!

I've been working on the Glencliff on and off the past couple of days. I cut and glued the faschia below the roofline. I also put up some of the siding on the front of the house, the first floor. It was tedious as i was out of quick grip and used wood glue instead. i had to tape and hold each piece until the glue was pretty much dry as the siding wanted to warp (i used sheet overlap siding). I bought some quick grip today so further siding installation won't take as long.

Today i've been working on cutting and gluing trim strips to divide the levels of the house as the front of the house is just so big, it really needs to be divided. I'm going to use shingles on most of the outside of the house, with the exception of the first floor, which will be the siding. I'll take photos tomorrow! hopefully this weekend i will be on my way to placing the shingle siding!

Plans for tomorrow: finish siding the first floor of the house and complete the trim strips on the exterior. With any luck, i may have those items primed and ready for paint!

• Like 2

Grrrrr. I just noticed that the window openings on the Glencliff first floor are tallerr in height than the other windows in the house. I emailed E&T to see if they can tell me the part number for the windows i need as the windows they have for sale are not the size i need.

If i can't get the right size i'll have to rip off the siding I just put on the front of the house last night. The window openings are a good inch taller in height than the windows i have for them. I'd have to fill in the space for all four of the window openings. Hope i can buy the right size windows even if they won't match what i have. :oops::cry:

Thanks Chris! They just got back to me to let me know which size to get!

How extremely frustrating!

I don't know if this will help; they have their windows listed by size here: http://earthntree.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72_94

The Glencliff is huge and beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress photos.

• Like 1

I am going to work on a rococo bedroom and powder room.

Been searching the internet for days now to get an idea of the work involved if I make it as I picture it.

I've got some great ideas but don't have the faintest idea how it will work out yet.

Maybe I'll halfway change my mind.

What I do know is that it will take me at least the whole summer, so please keep your fingers crossed for me

Today I made a cherry veneer floor to go in the rooms.

• Like 1

Just getting back in the saddle again after a long layoff with no mini's. Health problems have kept me off the mini grid, and I'm still going to have to do some physical therapy for my hands, but so far the prognosis looks good. Working on finishing up the chicken coop for my Bronte house while I wait for stain and other deliveries. Got a delivery todaay of two reed seat chairs and and a perfect little coal basket, still waiting on the fireplace surround for the bedroom.

I love working with color pencil and keep thinking I need to make some miniature artwork. The thought of a bathroom tile mural never occured to me to even want. After seeing yours brae I am totally impressed. It is fantastic. Now it has me thinking about what all a person could do in miniature with color pencil.

Welcome home, Judith! Bummer when the hands won't work right; I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.

I suspected color pencils, it all has a delicacy nothing else conveys. One of the things I've been doing to entertain myself whilst the drama of the workshop drags on is to play around. I found one of "those" art kits in a thrift store, along with another Dover coloring book, and I've been practicing with various media, none of them crayon. So far I like watercolor and pencil, aalthough the pencils that came with the kit aren't nearly as nice as my trusty old Rose Art ones.

I finished up the wallpaper / wainscot / flooring in one of my two attic rooms today. (Well, not completely finished, there's still some trim to do after I get the window and door stained and glued in...) That big outlet in the floor will be hidden by the bed!

The original wallpaper not working out was a huge drag, but it was probably karma, because I really like how this turned out. More pics on my blog.

post-7-0-57297500-1365748671_thumb.jpg post-7-0-81462100-1365748677_thumb.jpg post-7-0-67097600-1365748681_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Since i couldn't find artwork I liked for the shower mural, I drew my own. I just finished the drawing and have scanned the original to make a tile surround. Pics in my Artist's Studio gallery. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=89035

Brae, I absolutely LOVE what you are doing with your mural It is inspirational and have been enjoying watching each step of your progress on it. Your delicate artistry is a delight to behold.