What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm glad you got some sleep Kathie! Sounds like Lloyd was bleeding a little less by yesterday afternoon, so hope that continued through the night. Sending hugs.

Ugh, it has gotten cold here! just about freezing all day long. Was very snug and warm in the pharmacy yesterday and people kept coming in absolutly frozen and not really wanting to go back out again :) It is strange working without any windows, you've got no idea of what is going on outside. Some people not too far away had snow yesterday, and more will get more today, but it is starting in the east and probably get anywhere near us in the west.

Hope everyone has a good day! Stay warm

I hate hearing that y'all have to go with the US$7K med, but if it works... and I have been really worried about the blood loss. At this point L may have to trade in some of that testosterone machismo for some blood! I hope Xochi takes ALL her antibiotic, and not quit when she begins to feel better.

The meds are due in between 9 and noon; if they aren't there early, there's a lovely quilt shop nearby.
Oh, good! Research!

Another cold, squzzy day in the offing, rain in the forecast for tomorrow; if it holds off I might get DH to go for a walk before lunch. He went on one yesterday on his own; I finished crocheting the dress for the Native American doll and today I'll finish fringing it and see about decorating it.

I began working on the FF's tower roof yesterday. I'm making it removable (says here in the fine print; we'll see...). Next I want to mark where the bay roofs will go and spackle the exterior walls for stucco.

And much needed recreation!! :)

It's sitting right about freezing here and our 18" of snow is sloppy,wet, and melting now, with more coming down once in a while. Very pleasant compared to -10(F) a week ago. I took a little walk around the neighborhood around midnight just to get out of the house, had on the heavy-duty snow boots, parka, hat, gloves and flashlight, and ended up stuffing the hat in my pocket and unzipping the parka. DANG, it really did feel warm compared to last week!

My heart does go out to anyone in the Southern hemisphere who are dealing with not only summer temps, but EXTREME summer. I'd run that air con 24/7, too!

No bleeding last night ... NONE! He's sleeping soundly right now, has been since about 3, the nurse said. It's $2550 worth of meds, Holly. My story was misleading. My bad. I was remembering when you could buy a new car for under $3,000 ... my first Pinto station wagon, about 1963, as I recall. Plan has changed, slightly. Am going to call the pharmacy and see if they can return the meds. I think they can return to the distributor, but once we buy them, we can't return them. Then will call the oral surgeon. If there is still no bleeding (it will have been 15 hours by the time the office opens at 9) and see if he thinks we still need to have the meds on hand. At one point the surgeon mentioned buying the unused meds from us when it appeared that the only way to get it was in bulk. There are several ways this could play out, but I'm confident it will all be on the positive side. :)

Many, many hearty thanks for all of the support.

Happy dancing that L is on the mend (I hope)! For those who haven't had the pleasure, Kathie's DH is a really delightful gentleman as well as an artist, and sweet as they come.

I'm still fighting with the Fairfield's tower roof (and I get to go through this again! on the insideout version!); it's in four sections that curve to fit the roof support and also to fit together along the sides. When I finally get it all to stick together in its curves I'm going over it with spackle and then make it copper, to go with the Lighthouse. I finally got all the fringe on the Indian doll's dress & getting the iron hot so I can block it. I also whipped up a little pair of moccasins for her to wear with it. I think I may braid her hair.

L is in the hospital tonight, getting his blood supply topped off. On the bright side: still no more bleeding, although they will start the blood thinners again tonight. The oral surgeon said to be preparied for anything. Also good news: the $2500 medicine cost us $35; the insurance company accepted it! Heading back to hospital now to bring him cell phone, sketch book and colored pens/pencils. He's working on our Christmas card, bless his heart.

I bathed my horse in antifungal soap in 35 degree temp; both yesterday and today, (lucky we have warm water available) because he caught ringworm! And guess what, I got it from him. His vet cost more than my dr! This should go in WHAT WE DO FOR OUR ANIMALS! Can't believe this happened ~ all my life with horses and this is a first. Probably from barn cats sleeping on the horse blankets?

Ringworm is a fungus. Do your cats have it?

Kathie, I have fingers & toes crossed that the bleeding is stopped, and good on the insurance company!

I finished the Indian doll's clothes, I'll try to take a picture (supposed to rain tomorrow, but prettier by the weekend).

I glued the rso FF's tower & bay roofs together and primed the attic ceiling and hopefully can spackle the house itself tomorrow and prime exterior trims. Then I can install the porch steps and finish off them & the foundation and start prepping the iso FF's floors.

Do any of you have more the one refrigerator in your house? We are seriously thinking of putting the one in the kitchen..in the basement and buying a new one for the kitchen.

We do not know how long Chelsea (or Natalie) will be with us until they can find jobs that pay a living wage. Our fridge is STUFFED and it drives me crazy! Chelsea is cooking alot more and it is taking up room.

What do you think? I know it will be more electrically but it will give ME peace of mind. I wouldnt even know how to seperate the two. What goes in one? What goes in the other?

Oh well..this is going to wait until January/February anyway.

We have had two fridges for a long time now. Years ago I won a small fridge at an office Christmas party. It finally gave out shortly before we moved to our current house, which came with appliances. We only kept the fridge (we had our own) and had the movers bring it down to the basement for us. We find it very handy for storing pop/beer, as well as extra bags of milk until we need them, big containers of anything, etc. And, even though we have a deep freezer right beside it, the fridge freezer is almost always full also.

Even when living as a single person, I found a second refrigerator in the basement to be handy. Once you get both installed, what goes where will become apparent. Go for itl

Whoohooo! It is nearly the end of a rather long week. Just got tomorrow's half day to go, and that is in the shop 2 mins walk away. Only spent one day in one of my 'normal' shops this week, the rest were out and about further away, longer days, and very busy. Seemed to me that wherever I went they had just gotten their big 'just before christmas' prescription delivery from their surgeries and so there were millions for me to check! I'd get to the bottom of one store's lot and go to the next day's shop and have to clear another double load. I hope my local shop tomorrow has done their lot already :)

Chris had his last day of school for two weeks today, so he's happy. But he's also come down with 'man flu' and so is suffering on the sofa. Hope i don't catch it!

Our Fridge is built in to the counters and is pretty poor. It would be fine for one person, but not really for two. It has a bottom bit, where the drawer often is, but it is just a small hole maybe big enough for two lettuce heads. Then there is a 2/3 shelf right above it, the missing 1/3 is how you access the hole. Above that is one more shelf, and above that the fridge freezer. But the clearance height for both shelves is small, so you can't even stack two yoghurt pots on top of one another! But we've got our freezer that we brought with us, so no room (or money) for another fridge.

Oh, to have our own home with a decent fridge!

Hope you enjoy yours if you get it Heidi! I'd put things like dinks and spreads/condiments that we don't use daily in it, and bulky leftovers.

Brrr it is cold! Still no snow though :p

My father & stepmother had the two fridges, she used the basement one to store things like the defrosting Thanksgiving turkey, the salads & desserts, chilling wine, beer, etc. The upstairs one was for breakfast & lunch supplies and fresh veggies.

I've begun spackling the tower roof and exterior walls of the rightsideout Fairfield. The weather here is seriously cruddy; overcast, rainy & cold & generally depressing.

Saw snow flurries from Lloyd's hospital window this morning, but stopped now and all melted. That's enough for me, thank you very much. He's home from the hospital with blood supply topped off, no bleeding, and sleeping peacefully. X has gone to the lake with some friends for the weekend. It should be quiet here ... time to catch up on some sleep of my own and do the laundry. There's still present wrapping and mailing to do, but I think folks will enjoy the presents just as well a few days after Christmas.

Blizzard warning for my area (Northeast) for tomorrow afternoon and evening. Fred has to work so I will be stressed until he is home safe and sound.

5-8 inches of snow predicted right now but that could change. I already went shopping.

My friends teenage son is coming on Sunday to help Fred with the shoveling. I am not allowed outside at all in the snow.

I will be housebound again until it is safe.

Smart, even if frustrating, Heidi. Well, hey, you didn't REALLY want to be part of the shoveling team, did you?

No snow here, at least not new snow, and the foot or so we already have is melting and sliding off the roofs in huge clumps. This started last night during the "heat wave" - it got up above freezing and is staying there - and I keep jumping every time I hear a great, big "WHUMP!". Koko was standing in the doorway looking out at the porch when about a six-foot square block of snow crashed down off the roof right next to the porch - the poor thing went straight up with all four feet and tail flying out in different directions and then made a sonic boom getting into the bedroom, his safety zone! Thought I'd die laughing....he may or may not ever speak to me again.

What we do have is thick, thick fog, warnings on the roads about it. But I think that may be better than the foot of rain southern Florida got and the severe winter storm the Eastern seaboard is getting...

We're supposed to get maybe an 1" or 2" of stinkin snow from that stinkin storm.

Do you get the impression that I dislike stinkin winter?

This morning I finally got the tree up. After our tree fell down 3 times in one day several years ago we bought one of those nice, prelit artificial trees, very real looking.

However....now that a few years have passed, one section of lights doesn't work. I tagged the string last year, and pulled out the replacement lights. I plugged them in to find that one half of the string didn't light.

I went up to the attic and got another string, stopping to plug them in on the second floor landing to be sure they worked. When I got downstairs I slid my plus sized self into the corner behind the tree and slid down into a crouch on my aching 58 year old knees to plug in the replacement string. Guess what? Yep, that's right, half the string wouldn't light. At this point I was worried there might be something wrong with the outlet or plugs or whatever on the tree, so I hunted up an extension cord and unplugged each string of tree lights to test them. All were A-ok.

I went back to the attic, this time bringing in the last two strings of lights I had. The first one I tried worked fine. I then began to hang ornaments on the tree, until I had to leave to pick up my son who was staying after school to work on a project.

And what is it with ornaments who insist on showing their backsides no matter how much you spin them, readjust them, rehook them, restring them or rest them up against a branch so they can't turn around? My son finds the little angel who insists on showing his little bare behind very disconcerting. :)

"And what is it with ornaments who insist on showing their backsides no matter how much you spin them, readjust them, rehook them, restring them or rest them up against a branch so they can't turn around? My son finds the little angel who insists on showing his little bare behind very disconcerting. blink.gif

:)

4 am ... L's bell rings ... he's bleeding again .. the first soft clot has appeared on the one socket that refuses to heal. Popped open the first ampule of the magic medicine (tranexamic acid) and had him rinse and spit. We're to do this 4 x a day for a week. Please, keep praying that this will work.

I am thinking of him as I type Kathie! Is he still in pain from all of this? Not even close to what he is dealing with but I had dry sockets and it was awful..just awful.

If he is having that kind of pain..I will be thinking of him triple..quadruple!

It is official. We are getting BIG snow today and tomorrow. I have secured a shoveler for us. Fred has to work both days. I am not happy but I will just have to deal with it.

I am housebound again folks. I just got a little bit of freedom back and I am stuck inside again. I cannot take the chance of falling down at all.

I am going to pull out the dollhouse kit my fairy dollhouse mother gave me OR pull out the box of goodies a lovely Greenleafer sent me and find something to do!

I will be online off and on and give a report on the snow..LOL