Completely new to this

Tarea.Perea

Hey everyone! I have never been a part of a forum before, and I have never created a dollhouse, so this should be interesting, although I am very crafty. I do all sorts of other crafts and while I was at my soon to be Mother-in-laws house she gave me a dollhouse that was built, everything is already done as far as the construction goes all though I do need some walls on the inside because you can see the beams and stuff. I am really hoping that I can find some great ideas and great tips on here from all of you that have done this before...My name is Tara and I'm very excited about my *new* project and I can't wait to start, the only problem is that I don't know where to start...

Hi, welcome to the forum. I have little experience too. I’m sure that you will find great ideas for your dollhouse here. The most important thing is to enjoy your project. I think that the best way to start is looking the forum members’ galleries to see all the possibilities that you have. A miniatures show may help too. :)

Hi Tara & welcome. Just to let you know that there's a lot of guys in here too ! My wife got me into this when I retired & now I move her houses to put mine. Just remember that as long as you're happy with your project, that's all that matters. I think Florencia gave the best advise. Just look through the galleries & get ideas from what you see.

Florencia....Did someone say archaeology ? Great !!

Steve in PA

Hey guys! A real newbie! Now we can have fun "teaching!!!!" Hello and welcome and do not be frightened. Step right up here to the work table and get your first lessons! LOL

Welcome! This is a really user-friendly fun place!

Welcome to our "little" family, Tara. The "Search" button will become your friend, there are a LOT of "getting started" posts and tool lists. Some of us have already built a kit (or two) and will be delighted to answer questions, if we can.

Welcome to the forums I think the most important advice I can give is, There is no such thing as a dumb question, if you dont know how to do something or get stuck just ask! I am fairly new here as well and cannot even begin to express how glad I am to have found this little niche of the internet. The guys and Gals here are so warm and friendly. I have met so many new wonderfully talented people, I just love it here.