This Dollhouse has running water

kellee

At the Anaheim NAME convention back in the early 80s a man had a dollhouse displayed with running water! It also had a swimming pool. As I remember, the water in the house was on a recirculating pump like they use for fish tanks and fountains. It was neat, but what a mess to move! It was a huge house and had a sidewalk in front and even electrical poles. I am kind of with Debra on this one.......Why?

The very first dollhouse I ever had, given to me when I was about 5, had working lights and running water!! The dollhouse itself wasn't homemade, but my father installed the lights and water. I loved that house and played with it for years. The water was one of those circulating pumps like in a fish tank, and required cleaning every so often...but I quickly learned how, and did it myself. I was very careful with it and don't ever remember having anything more than a few splashes when I got carried away giving my dollies baths :p .

I had the dollhouse all through high school. Went off to college. I came home from college one break, to find it missing! My mother had given it away!!!! :flowers: :hug: "Well, I didn't think you wanted it; dollhouses are for children. I gave it to (name of niece, here.)" ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Anyway. When I bought and built the Garfield, 4 years ago, it was to replace that dollhouse (but no, I didn't put in either lights or water. :) )

I don't see much point to having running water in the house, but I wouldn't mind a recirculating pump to create a waterfall/pond landscape feature.

That's if I ever get enough space to do a humongous layout! :lol:

Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle in Chicago has runnig water as well.

I would consider running water in the right dollhouse. It would take some planning and a lot of trial and error to get something I would like but yes I could see doing it.

So far I don't have a house that needs it, either built or in the box.