My friend Chris, aka what2craftnow, bought the Whitney dollhouse for me. Long story short, my mom had bought it for me to put together for my daughters, but having no time it ended up in the basement, which recently flooded. My mom passed away several years ago, and when Chris mentioned her dollhouse, it reminded me again of that one. Chris found one on e-bay and purchased it for me. Ever since we've been brainstorming on ideas, anyone that has seen her work on here knows how creative she is! I have yet to do any work on it, because of my stupid work schedule, but wanted to join the forum, and check out all the awesome ideas that are on here.

I come by mini-obsession honestly. My mom had a small miniatures collection, and my dad built model railroad layouts. I don't have the creativity of Chris, or most of you on here, but it is cool to see things differently when thinking in mini version. Thanks for reading this, and sorry if this is a long introduction. Have a great day everyone!

Kathy (aka Redneck Princess)

Welcome to the forum!

I have built the Whitney under another name the Allison and it is a cute house!

I have another one waiting for me and I am thinkinging I will haunt it.

of course so many of my houses seem to have this certain theme to them. :p

sooner or later you will get the urge to tackle the house you are collecting for and I do hope you will join us in our fun.

nutti :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Kathy! Before you know it you will be working on that Whitney and planning your next dollhouse - and the next and the next.....it never ends!

Welcome to obsession city!

Wolfie

Welcome to the neighborhood Kathy!! I have that kit but have not built mine yet either. Sometimes, the kits don't "talk" to you until you start working on it (Then they talk too much and let you know what they want to be). :)

Hi Kathy, and welcome! Miniatures are sort of like going swimming in a chilly pool. Once you get your toes in the water, the rest of you will slip in a bit at a time until you're happily splashing around with the rest of us! :)

I hope your work schedule has some flexibility, so you can get started soon. Have you opened the box, petted the wood, and read the directions? When you've done that, you'll already be in up to your knees. :p

Have you opened the box, petted the wood, and read the directions?
There's nothing so creativity-inducing as sniffing the wood in a newly opened kit! Do hold a bit of sandpaper in your hand as you pet the wood, sometimes if a kit has sat around in a warehouse for a while the wood can dry out and become a bit splintery. There are several ways to deal with it when building, but you want to protect your fingers so your relationship will be a friendly one from the get-go.
Don't be afraid to try making things, it takes a little practice, but it is so nice to be able to make things yourself.
I forged ahead in spite of my misgivings and initial terrors and have begun trying my hand at wicker, having some of our own wenlaine's beautiful pieces to inspire me.

:wave: Howdy Neighbor!!! :) Doin' the happy dance that your here!!!

You will love it here Kath....everyone is so helpful. The wealth of information is amazing and it's

so great to meet people who have the same obsession.

Yes, you MUST make time to get started on your Whitney..I will help, you know you only need to

ask. All the "little items" you have are desperately wanting a "home".

Maybe when you have a day off, we can run down to Lolly's.....or maybe just get Whitney out of

the box...see what she has to "say". :) We can sit on the deck with sandpaper in hand

and at least get some of the prep work out of the way.

Oh, btw, I found the little skeletons for the Halloween idea I was talking about..I think there are

10 of them on the strand, so we could even work on those.

Well, again, I'm so glad your here..talk to you soon!! :lol:

Chris