I do believe I've gone mad...

SusannaT

I used watercolored tissue paper to make a delphinium as blue as the one in my garden.

I absolutely love the result, however the thought of making more of these is scaring me LOL! It took soooo long.

And naturally I want Mary's flowerbed to look impressive once it's done.

sigh.

Any thoughts on what flowers I should have growing in the same bed?

Oh, that is beautiful. I haven't tried a delphinium yet, but have been playing with various flowers. As for thoughts of other flowers, other cutting flowers and periennials--daisies, mums, etc.

It turned out beautifully!

Hostas should be easy to make, foxglove is beautiful. Oh heck, i haven't had any caffeine this morning. I love flowers and cannot get my brain to spit out anymore names :groucho: i'll get back to you!

I want to do a beautiful garden. I have a ton of kits to make up flowers, i just haven't tried them yet!

!!! FABULOUS !!! that is gorgeous!!

hmmm, how about some cannas, for contrast, or those big "dinnerplate" asters? or some foxgloves?

It was time well-spent. You've done a fabulous job .... it's perfect. What a beautiful garden you're going to have.

Some of my favourite climbing flowers are hollyhocks and, of course, roses.

Hollyhocks or roses in shades of pink would really compliment the delphiniums.

-Susanne

Beautiful!

I would make some shorter type flowers to stagger the height in the bed. Maybe add a punch of yellow. Some tickseed, yellow (or red) poppies for height with the dels.