Beacon Hill

Roni

Took me most of the afternoon, but I got all the pictures uploaded into the Members Gallery of my Beacon Hill. Though not up to the standards of some I have seen in the gallery, it was my first build, and I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Still needs some more stuff. Just haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I'm sure as I do, I will be filling it up in no time.

A special thanks to Teresa, MiniMadWoman for the instructions on the window boxes. I enjoyed making them, and I'm sure from here on out every house I build will have window boxes on it :wave:

It was a labor of love and I enjoyed every minute of the building process.

:yes: :D ;) :congrats::cucumber: :cucumber: :birthday::cheers: :jester: :carrot: :carrot: :juggle: :juggle: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :wish: :wish: :yay: :yay: :taz: :taz: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :)

Just went thru your gallery and there's nothing amaeturish looking that I can see, it looks fabulous. Your window treatments are to die for and I really like all the furniture you made from various kits.

The colors on my BeaconHill are the same colors we painted our real house ! The more elaborate window treatments are from the book I mentioned which is really a great book. There are tons of ideas in there. Thanks for the eoncouraging comments all. By the way did anybody notice the window boxes :banana:

A special thanks to Teresa, MiniMadWoman for the instructions on the window boxes. I enjoyed making them, and I'm sure from here on out every house I build will have window boxes on it

Roni, you're welcome! I'm so glad you were able to use the tutorial and have the window boxes turn out!

Your house looks fantastic! You've put a lot of work into the house and it shows. Well done!

Roni, it was such a treat to tour your house and see all of the beautifully and lovingly executed furniture, draperies, rugs, and all! What fun you'll have adding the little extras now. Thank you so much for sharing it. :banana:

:cheer::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Roni, your house is fabulous! Ab fab!!!

YES, the window boxes are sooo great. thank you very much for sharing your photos.

that nursery is so dear. and i I love your furnishings, the colors, the window treatments, the exterior trims, the copper and shingles, the hallways, your fabrics, and ooooh, those lambrequins. What a delight!!

thanks again, and

:banana:

Roni, your Beacon Hill so far is not only flawless, but shows that you have mastered a concept I've only seen mentioned on Small Stuff Digest so far. When you look at a dollhouse you see all of it at once, so you don't want to decorate individual rooms that clash with the rest of the house. You have used a basic color palette that varies from room to room but overall gives the house an organic unity.

I normally don't "do" windowboxes on houses, for much the same reasons I don't "do" the gingerbread trims. But when I do put on windowboxes, I thoroughly enjoy filling them, and I see that so do you.

I made some comments about more "stuff" you might want to make, since you mentioned wanting more.

Oh my, Roni!

It's really fantastic! the colours are so tasteful but not "silent"! I'm having very much trouble deciding which dollhouse to build as a first, but now I feel like the answer maybe is the beacon hill. I have browsed ebay for weeks but maybe the answer was right under my nose!

ps

anyone else who thinks the beacon hill is quite similar to dura crafts cambridge? But after this, I have to say similar yet better!

ds

Roni-

Don't sell yourself short! Your BH looks beautiful! Great job. I love the exterior colors. I'm painting my little Arrow remodel a similar shade of yellow. There are so many beautiful BHs around, I'm starting to get the urge to build one. But I really have my heart set on the Alexandria once my SF 557 is finished, er, started. :banana: