Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the pics are where? :clap::rofl:

Linda, despite taking the camera, we didn't take a single picture. My first 2 visits to these shows I was like Alice in Wonderland, amazed at everything I saw. This last one was pretty much just stalls selling minis - albeit some very beautiful ones - and there were hardly any set pieces or major displays there. Along with that, lots of the stalls have "no photographs" signs up - usually the ones where its worth taking a photo. I am going to the Kensington Doll House Festival in May (birthday present from John) and I hope this one will be a bit different - I've never been to this one before.

Sorry bout that. I did get a fine haul though but most of it was for my springythingy so - photos will have to wait.

Had a chat with the lovely lady from "Bags of Character" who inspired me to attempt doll making. I told her I had made a few attempts and she said - "bet they were all ugly old men weren't they - yea". She's been making dolls for 17 years and she said it took her a long time before she could make a woman and when she did, she looked just like Benny Hill.

Since you asked for showpictures :rofl: , I went to the Dollshouse show in Arnhem yesterday and made some pic's. I must ad that James Carrington was my favorite but he wasn't with his dolls when I was there so I couldn't ask wether it was OK to make pictures.

My other favorite was the Alice in Wonderland scene. Perfect for the contest since I had planned to make an Alice scene but I couldn't afford her because I already bought a lovely bathing lady.

It's a link because I didn't want to make all these pictures smaller in size to upload them here:

http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/L...mview=slideshow

And now you know what I want to make for the contest. I'll hope the kit will arrive soon, so looking forward to making a lasercut kit.

I'm getting an error message when I click on your link, LieZbeth.

It may be just one of those fleeting glitches, Holly. I've clicked it a couple of times and it linked through very nicely. Try again. The photos are definitely worth seeing! Thanks for posting LieZbeth.

Thanks very much for the show pics, Liezbeth - they do get the mini blood circulating! Looks like it was a great show. :rofl:

I love Alice in Wonderland too, so I can't wait to see your contest entry! (But I shall have to, shan't I? :clap:)

I just ordered the kit ... even though my springs are all sprung at the moment, I'm hoping to be ready for a "fling" before the deadline. :clap: I have a few ideas, so that helps. I couldn't resist treating myself to a laser-cut dollhouse! (Such a special discount, and all.)

Thank you so much Dean, and staff at Greenleaf, who drew on their creative talents to give us this kit. Dean, your generosity to us never fails to astound me.

:rofl:

Hoping I can start assembling today. I had a few pieces that needed to be "flattened" :rofl: , so they have been sitting under 2 boxes of flooring tile for the last 24 hrs. They're lookin' much better now, so hopefully today is the day for really getting started. Funny thing is, I still have no direction on what this will be...4 drawings and 3 idea themes later, and I'm still not sure :lol: If something doesn't "pop" for me soon..I just may POP :clap: I'd really like to know what it is gonna be before I go to the Bishop show in 2 weeks - so I am not wandering around aimlessly, buying things I don't really need right now. (so easy to do at that show)

Mine said that it was being reviewed by Customs for about 5 days (including weekend) then Monday morning it was here but it still said it was being reviewed by customs. I was curious and I checked the tracking number last night and it STILL said it was sitting in customs yet it was sitting on my kitchen table. So sometimes the tracking is off and is not giving totally up to date information

Just ordered mine, yay!!! Doing a happy dance, yet it is scarey, all the ideas and soooo precious little time, but then again, I am in for the fun atleast with a goooorgeous building that will most definitley suit __________ and the H____________ might even fit there.... :lol:

Hugs

Mmmmmm, :lol: atleast I am in as I did hit the order button earlier this morning so that is a step forward, then again I am in no hurry as I have some other things to tend to while awaiting it and this will also allow the spinning ideas to settle for one...

Hugs and can't wait to see what everyone will be doing with theirs!