Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

:lol: Got an email stating it being shipped, whohooooo!!! So excited now, and looking forward to getting it, poor mailman he is going to get stalked pretty soon LOL

Hugs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD tells me the package is here! My original ideas have fizzled out, so I hope the kit will speak to me, and tell me what it should be.

It feels like Christmas! Going to go open my "present" and smell that wood incense now. :lol:

No idea how long mine will take to arrive. When I bought the Garfield, it was held up at customs, then returned to the depot to be shipped back to America because someone forgot to inform me that they were waiting for me to pay customs charges. I had to travel 60 miles to pick it up from the local depot anyway - it was a complete mess --- so now I'm panicing. I hate deadlines and I'm sure I will never finish this one in time even if it arrives next week with no glitches.

Lots of hand wringing going on here. Still, even if I don't make it by the end of May, its not the end of the world - I'll still make it someday.

Have faith, Jo - all will work out in the end :p I have had mine for several days and we are not communicating well, so it might be a fight to the finish for me and the ____ :p ... :lol: (I laugh in the face of danger :o :idea: )

fling...shipped and flying as we speak

me.....making stuff to go in it

geeze i hope she likes my idea....we are in trouble if not :lol: due to her apparent ''size" this is plan C !!!

Question....can someone give me the inside floor measurements of the main bit and also the add on :idea: i want to __________ the __________'s to make a _________ :lol:

The add-on is 8-1/2" deep, 8-7/8" wide.

The main part of the garage is 14-1/4 wide and 9" deep (to the side door, which is stepped back 4" from the double garage doors)

The area just inside the double garage doors is 9-3/4" wide and 4" deep.

Okay, so I just about won the "worst grammie of the year award" over this Spring Fling 2010 !!! But Greenleaf has rescued me.

I placed orders separately for me and the grandkids. But when I ordered my kits, I forgot to click the button for one of the add-on rooms for one of them. We all sat down together to open up everything and low and behold, one wasn't there. The look on the face was so sad and tears were rolling down the cheeks.

I might that it was the last day for the special price and I couldn't get any answer at GL. I emailed and faxed my dilemma to them and the very next morning I got a wonderful call from a GL staff person saying they had taken care of everything and it was shipping out.

Is this a fantastic company to work with or what ???!!!

Thank you Greenleaf staff and management from the bottom of my heart!!!

I have decided to share my list of ideas for those of you that aren't on speaking terms with your new SF kits.

Here we go.

Spring Fling 2010 Ideas

General ideas

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Garage <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Gas station – 1930's or sleek modern <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Car wash <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Barn <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Western Saloon <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Hoedown dance hall
Store of some sort
· Modern stores

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Bridal <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Bakery <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Boutique <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Hair Salon <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Nail Salon <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Pet Store <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Veterinarian <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Flower and/or garden shop <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Drug store <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Quilt shop <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Craft shop <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Art shop/studio <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Pizza shop
Weaving studio

Old-fashioned stores

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Candy <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Hardware <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">General <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Little House on the Prairie style home – could be built in the hill <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level3 lfo1; tab-stops: list 1.5in">Barber shop
Blacksmith

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Old desert miners shack <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Restaurant <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Lakeside retreat <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Fishing-hunting cabin <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Library <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Doctors office <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Bank
Some kind of school – a few possibilities
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in">Nursery school <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in">Dance school
Karate school

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Pottery studio <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Museum <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Ocean beach house <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Surfer shack <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Ski lodge <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Log mill <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Auction Barn <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Boathouse <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Lobster / clam shack <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Bowling alley <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Tree house <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Oriental tea house <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Repair shop of some kind <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Church <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Exercise Gym <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Farm Stand
Sugaring shack / restaurant
Fantasy ideas

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Santa's workshop / reindeer barn <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Chitty Chitty Bang Bang scene
Fairy tales – many would work but here's a few.
<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in">Old woman in the shoe <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in">Red Riding hood <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level2 lfo3; tab-stops: list 1.0in">Little red hen
Three little bears-goldilocks

Granddaughter ideas

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Charlottes Web scene <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Candy factory <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Space shuttle launce area
Military hide-away
Twinkle's ideas

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Barn
Animal shelter
Thinking outside the box

<LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in -7.95pt 0pt 0in; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Maybe converting it to a smaller scale 1:24 or 1:48 <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Use a different scale and the front porch area can be the visible entrance and loading area. <LI class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; COLOR: black; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Tornado ride at Disney. You could make the little roller coaster tracks or flat tracks with cars with the scenes here and there…….
The ride that is called "It's a Small World After All"

... Is this a fantastic company to work with or what ???!!!

Thank you Greenleaf staff and management from the bottom of my heart!!!

I had a minor problem with my delivery, and Lisa was wonderful - she emailed me herself to sort it out. I have nothing but praise for all the people at Greenleaf! :lol:

The add-on is 8-1/2" deep, 8-7/8" wide.

The main part of the garage is 14-1/4 wide and 9" deep (to the side door, which is stepped back 4" from the double garage doors)

The area just inside the double garage doors is 9-3/4" wide and 4" deep.

Thank you Kathie :lol:

Okay so I have no idea what happened with my previous post about ideas. It is a wreck and my computer completely froze up and wouldn't let me even do a reboot. I've fussed with it and am back on but now I can't edit the bad post.

Sigh ....

So, anyhow, here are the ideas I was going to share with those of you that aren't on speaking terms with your kits or are just having a bad time getting started.

General ideas

Garage

Gas station – 1930's or sleek modern

Car wash

Barn

Western Saloon

Hoedown dance hall

Old desert miners shack

Restaurant

Little House of Prairie home– could be built in the hill

Lakeside retreat

Fishing-hunting cabin

Library

Doctors office

Bank

Some kind of school – a few possibilities, Nursery school, Dance school, Karate school

Pottery studio

Museum

Ocean beach house

Surfer shack

Ski lodge

Log mill

Auction Barn

Boathouse

Lobster / clam shack

Bowling alley

Tree house

Oriental tea house

Repair shop of some kind

Church

Exercise Gym

Farm Stand

Sugaring shack / restaurant

Store of some sort

Modern stores

Bridal

Bakery

Boutique

Hair Salon

Nail Salon

Pet Store

Veterinarian

Flower and/or garden shop

Drug store

Quilt shop

Craft shop

Art shop/studio

Pizza shop

Weaving studio

Old-fashioned stores

Candy

Hardware

General

Little House on the Prairie style shop

Barber shop

Blacksmith

Fantasy ideas

Santa's workshop / reindeer barn

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang scene

Fairy tales – many would work but here's a few- Old woman in the shoe, Red Riding hood, Little red hen, Three little bears-goldilocks

Granddaughter ideas

Charlottes Web scene

Candy factory

Space shuttle launce area

Military hide-away

Twinkle's ideas

Barn

Animal shelter

Thinking outside the box

Maybe converting it to a smaller scale 1:24 or 1:48

Use a different scale and the front porch area can be the visible entrance and loading area.

Tornado ride at Disney. You could make the little roller coaster tracks or flat tracks with cars with the scenes here and there…….

The ride that is called "It's a Small World After All"

:p Selkie! If someone can't find an idea out of that list, then they need to find another hobby :o

Fabulous ideas! (and yep, you listed my idea as well, but I'm not tellin' which one it is :lol: ...hehehe)

Mine is slooowwwly coming to life - I had a brainstorm moment lastnight, and the muse seems to have returned..YEA! Also got some awesome ideas from "a certain someone" (you know who you are! :idea: ) who was gracious enough to help me out with my theme, as I kinda hit a wall and was stuck. (hate when that happens) So, back on track, and back to work...

:p Selkie! If someone can't find an idea out of that list, then they need to find another hobby :o

Fabulous ideas! (and yep, you listed my idea as well, but I'm not tellin' which one it is :lol: ...hehehe)

Mine, too. Keeping lips zipped. :idea:

Well you know what I've got a box full of stuff that I've scraped together for my springything, can't wait to get the thing to put them all in. Bit scared to start actually making stuff for it until its here though.

Rosalind you're right, its the twist that everyone gives to their idea that makes it unique (racking brains for a twist)

I'm full speed ahead on my project now! Oh, if only work and classes weren't starting up so soon!

To everyone at Greenleaf, you really should consider selling the addition and/or others like it on the Greenleaf site. When I started dry fitting mine, I thought how nice it would be to have a duplicate to add on a dining or extra kitchen space onto my crowded Westville. What do you think?

Daisy

Sigh . . . I've got my basic build done, but since it "morphed", I don't think my original idea will suffice. I had a lot of fun building the kit . . . so much in fact that the entire structure went its own direction, and now I am scrambling to come up with a new and modified theme! I'm just glad that I still have time to figure it out.