Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I have to have that kit! Too good to pass up! Not sure I can finish my "dream house" in just 2 months, though. But I have to try. I'll order it tonight when I'm home with a secure I-net connection.

I'm at work (shhhhh) drooling over minis between customers -- I've been looking at all the pictures of the kit, with the add-on (a must have!) -- Is there a connecting door between the two pieces? Can't see that wall. I'm assuming there is not.

Got the pictures here in front of me at my desk, ideas are accumulating :lol:

I swear - I've already ditched 2 ideas just because another pops in my head and sounds better...this may be a toss up until the bitter end for me :lol: My very first idea keeps telling me it MUST be built, but I'm a-thinkin' $$ and the size of it would drive hubby to murder, and me to the loony bin :D:p So many choices...so little time (and money..sigh)

Oh my, this is gonna be i-n-t-e-resting

I don't think there is a Children's Category this year Doreen. This Kit is AWESOME. You all will get to see just how fast the Laser cut kits go together. This is such a GREAT price considering how much more the Quarter scale laser kits go for (by other companies).

Dean, You all did Fabulous with this one!!

ahhh my 12 yr old was excited to do it...maybe she will get one anyway down the road LOL.....your garage is just wonderful!!!

Have a concern....

I just placed my order for the Spring Fling using a $25 gift certificate from GL. I ordered the addition, but my total was higher than I think it should have been taking into account the gift certificate and the free shipping. Will it adjust itself later or did I do something wrong? :lol:

Not crazy at all Tracy - I have 2 that are conflicting and battling in my head (not sure who will win yet :lol: :p ) and then there is a slightly quieter, more demure idea that is saying "Pick Me!" :D

Where will it end??? :p All this, and I don't even have it in hand yet! (yikes!) Glad I don't sleep well at night as it is, 'cuz this one is gonna keep my brain in overdrive for weeks methinks..sigh

p.s. (one idea has even gone so far as to demand "this furniture, not that stuff") Times like this I wonder just who is the "boss" - I think I'm just the laborer and "the kit" is the REAL boss LOL)

LOL Tracy! I hope you share your ideas :lol:

I was actually going to do my gargae that looks VERY simliar your your gorgeous garage. My Haunted House is done in that same finishing style but a light blue-ish gray.

All I really want to do is one thing but hubby came up with another that I'm not sure this year I'll have time to do...ya know life getting in my darned way :p

Do ya'll think that those garage doors would work on an American Gothic Style home?

Hmmm

I've already ordered some stock for the shelves and collected photos of things that need to be made. This one is jumping together inside my head. Hope the hands-on version goes as well. :thumb:

Me too Kathie, geting really excited about it now and I've got tickets for Miniatura next week so I'll be able to go there with a mission not like last time just randomly grabbing everything that I liked.

I need some wood for the thingamy and some whatsit stuff for the other bit and a bit of paint, stain and clay - oh I'll have to make a list - been saving since last autumn. Oh and the best thing about it I bought a batch of stuff from e-bay last year cos it was a bargain - had no idea where I would use it but guess what - its all going in my springflingythingy. One thing I won't need is a chandelier - lol

I was all set to bash the kit and turn it into Little House on the Prarie's Olsen's Mercantile....BUT while at a scale train show yesterday with my husband I saw the perfect accessory and an even better idea struck my fancy. I shared it with my husband and he is all excited. I love that our hobbies can be interchangeable.

Oh my, the pics and all the ideas with this kit, what a better way to come home from a great two day conference out of town, now to mull things over, have as others mentione lots and lots of ideas rumbling around, now to see which or what to do, need to get to the ordering stuff as well and hopefully >keeping fingers and toes crossed< I will be able to pull some time together to build this baby as well... :thumb: We'll manage I am sure!!!

GREAT build ahead!!! Thank you to all involved creating this gem for us to have fun with!

HUGS

I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have a pile of ________ and another pile of _________ . I already have the ________ too. :thumb: I can't wait for this but it still says unshipped, does anyone know how long they take to ship? I know I am impatient but I can't wait to start on this kit.