Greenleaf's Fourth Annual Spring Fling Contest

well.....today i __ the ____ ....hated it! painted the _____ for the 3rd time in a different colour....hated it!

Changed decor ideas AGAIN :groucho:

But apart from that i'm having fun :p

Fling On! :doh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fling on everyone, it is soooo much fun hearing all the ____ and ____ oh can't forget the ______ either :groucho: So looking forwad to getting mine as well, but with the airports having been closed due to the ash clouds around these parts of the world I am sure things with in the mailing process will be delayed so am not fretting about the wait, and with me ordering late as well...

Hugs

:groucho: Anna i never thought of that!! how annoying of that volcano.... holding up flinging time n all :p

LOL, I know!!!! :doh: well, another idea just struck... sometimes extra thinking time gives another angle on things...

Hugs

I totally can't wait to see the results of everyone's efforts! After being at the Bishop Miniature show last week I felt so inspired and re-energized for mini-ing! Let's see, how many more days before we see eye candy.... :groucho:

I'm tracking a FedEx shipment and noticed that they have this message on their tracking site:

A volcano eruption in Iceland has delayed FedEx Express shipments to and from Northern Europe.

They also say

A volcano eruption in Iceland has filled the skies over Northern Europe with significant amounts of ash closing airspace over many European countries. FedEx Express® shipments to and from this area have been delayed. FedEx Express has restarted its operations at Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) in Paris with a flight leaving CDG for Memphis and seven flights leaving the U.S. for CDG. Additional FedEx Express shipments from the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions are also being flown into CDG.

Due to the unpredictable movement of volcanic ash, we are still monitoring this situation very carefully and will continue to take advantage of any opportunity to fly into additional airports as they open. It will take time to clear the backlog of shipments and customers should still expect delays. As previously noted, we are focused on prioritizing shipments on a “first-in / first-out” basis.

FedEx Express is asking customers who have shipments requiring special attention; i.e. temperature control, dry ice or perishables to hold those shipments until we resume a normal flight schedule. FedEx Express is utilizing trucking for its intra-Europe service, but customers should expect delays.

Days... yikes it will take me months at the rate I'm going. Anna will have received, planned, dry fitted and completed before I get mine glued.

Oh and that volcano will probably be extinct.

This year mine is no where near being as 'out there' as the anderson shelter :)

oops i forgot to mention that it does however have a BIG twist to it....it might be origional...or not :p :groucho:

Fling On! :doh::p

Somebody mentioned that large wall and a warping problem -- I took a picture of mine with the glue drying. I could stand there for 24 hours and apply pressure to straighten everything out; or think of something else. Glad we didn't have an earthquake last night -- mine was precariously balanced with shims and a flat-iron and masking tape. :groucho: but today it looks pretty good!

Well, gotta get supper on so I can't tell you more about how my _______ is turning out and how I'm solving the _________ problem :doh:

Well I've got some walls glued at last - still warped but I no longer care I'm going with the warpage - it will give my thingy character (snort). Its on the dining table tonight with some heavy gardening books balanced on top of a wall. This is great fun for me as I have never done anything like this before - new challenges etc. Clue: my............ will not have any daybeds in it.

It great to see all the excitement over spring fling .. and wish I was going to be part of it, but it look like I will not make it this time. I hate not to I like the kit a lot and have a plain for it and will built it some day but right how the project I am working on take all the spare room and time I have. I looking forward to seeing every one entry and wish them the best . I would like to thank every one at Greenleaf for the kindness that show to a new comer last year..

No beds in mine. I finally got the craft area organized this afternoon and started work on the __________. Need to get it done so I know how large a hole to cut in the wall, which I want to do before assembly. I gotta get crackin'!

So, then, do we consider that beds have to be just for people ?????? Hmm-m-m-m-m ???

What about truck beds, animal beds, coal beds, tanning beds, lava beds, flower beds, sleigh beds ...... you get the idea.

I've changed themes and colors and ideas so much that I'll probably never be done on time. I think my colors are finally done. Still having problems finding one item and it’s not anything I can create. Hint … it’s mostly metal.

Still thinking whether to venture into the double fling contest since I'm not a FB kinda gal and need to protect some sense of anonymity for those I am caring for.

How many folks are thinking of doing both contests?

Agree, I haven't joined Facebook either but I will still enter the double contest - assuming I finish on time.

Holly - no daybeds - just people - I've made one so far - one more to go - proving a little more tricky.

I've been working on the ....... and the ....... parts so far and I have had to order some bits and pieces -the size of this building threw out my original plans. So while I am waiting for those to arrive I will crack on with the other side.

It is sooo much fun hearing the teeny tiny little hints and I am soooo looking forward to seeing all the creations as well! Have no idea if I will get "mine" done when it arrives, but it sure will be fun working with a laser cut!

Hugs

Anna, I'm so sorry that yours hasn't arrived yet. I can't believe how calm you are being about it, even though ranting doesn't help - I'd be ranting. Perhaps Greenleaf might allow a "volcano extension" for you.

This laser cut kit fits together so beautifully that I have been reluctant to do much to change the actual construction in case I messed it up so I'm relying on my attempts to be"original" in my execution and interpretation but I have a feeling that there will be a few entries with a very similar approach this year (from other threads) - hope I'm wrong or the judges will have an even more difficult task.

....I can't believe how calm you are being about it...

LOL, well, there is nothing much else than to await it and start stalking the mailman, hehe.. Plotting and planning as well, and then as I am about to pack up the rest of my houses during this upcoming week, this will be my only distraction purr-haps when it arrives...

Hugs

I'm nearly ready to glue it all together :unsure:

5 weeks to go and counting B) ....i hope i get it all done.......the ___________will take a bit of coaxing into place and the ______________ well....i have no idea how that is going to happen yet :lol:

Fling On! people Fling On! :)

:lol: Great stuff and I know exactly what you mean, I've no idea how you are going to get the -------- to fit, I have n't put an---------- in mine for precisely that reason!!! :unsure:

Tell you what girl, after this weekend's efforts I bet I've got the most disgusting fingernails on the forum - tried getting them clean last night - they're worse today and I have to go to a meeting tomorrow - if I try and explain it will just draw attention to them and if I don't they will think I'm the biggest skank. Might have to sit with them in bleach tonight.

No beds in mine...well maybe flower beds??? Maybe :lol:

I did have a huge set back. I knew I was going to have to build a wall, but in the rush of my excitement I realized I'd been planning on building the WRONG wall the whole time. So I spent most of last night undoing some very tedious brick work I had done. It will all work out, but I was rather frustrated last night.