Hi

Hello, I am a newbie here and truly enjoy this website. I am still wandering around and trying to figure out how to post a hello and/or comments under the correst topic. I love miniatures and my first dollhouse to build is the Garfield (why not start off big). I am sure I will have questions and lots of them. So, thanks in advance to anyone who offers assistance.

Hi Jackie and welcome. The Garfield is BIG. I chose it for my first build in January and I'm still building (dry fitted the roof today though). But someone on here did one in about 20 - ish days, bashed and decorated and made a spectacular job of it too. I think I am just slow.

Have fun with your Garfield there will always be someone around on here to answer your questions as lots of members have built it.

Jo

x

Welcome to the little family, Jackie, and ignore Jo; anyone who builds & bashes a Garfield in 20 days does NOT make those of us who take years to build a large kit slow; kits take however long they take, this is a hobby and no one is in a race (except for the Spring Fling contest, that is).

Welcome! You picked a great house to start with. Just take it slow and easy, spend time meditating with your house, and it will tell you what it wants. Then someone here can tell you how to do it!

...Just take it slow and easy, spend time meditating with your house, and it will tell you what it wants. Then someone here can tell you how to do it!
Actually it has been my experience that when the house tells you what it wants, it will also tell you how to do it; but I do tend to acquire VERY bossy houses!lol

Hi Jackie! :)

Welcome to the neighborhood!

A house as big as the Garfield requires some thought - it would be tricky to try to do some decorating tasks post construction. Besides, you want to be happy with your choices, and haste could result in later dissatisfaction.

I'd recommend checking out Debra's wallpaper gallery - she has over 400 different wallpapers all free!

• 5 weeks later...