:) I think I should have done this weeks ago but wasn't sure "how". I'm from Manitowoc, Wisconsin....on Lake Michigan, just south of Green Bay Packer territory. My sister GAVE me the Beacon Hill kit several eyars ago when she decided (after making oen dollhouse) that she'd never get a second one done. The kit sat in the garden shed for several years. Then suddenly this January we decided a new project was needed for whatever spare time we have (minimal). So "we" are a group of Nuns...better known as Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. Most of us are teachers...I'm a full time adult nurse practitioner and director of a private health clinic we have for our 360+ sisters. I say I'm a nurse by day and a gardener by evening and an avid reader of Fantasy Science Fiction by night. Somewhere in between I sleep. There are 5 of us working on the Beacon Hill: I'm the "Organizer", Sr. Caritas Marie loves to cut out the pieces, Sr. David Marie and Angela are the sanders, and Sr. Pat is presently "observing" bu has volunteered to paint when we get that far. I'm "obsessed" with the dollhouse...and spend hours into the night surfing this website for ideas, tips, suggestions, pictures. Doing this is absolutely fascinating and reminds me of high school days when I worked with my brother building model airplanes. I love working with the wood. So it is with great delight that I'm here...for as long as it takes us to build this house. :D

What fun to :) your community to our community! :D

It sounds as if you have a great team assembled. I hope one of you is handy with a digital camera, 'cause we're all eye candy junkies! :D

. . .

It sounds as if you have a great team assembled. I hope one of you is handy with a digital camera, 'cause we're all eye candy junkies! :)

Exactly!

Welcome!!!

Welcome, Sr Caritas and all you fellow Sisters, to our "little" family. Once y'all get going you might as well start building another kit when you "finish" your Beacon Hill, there are always going to be more families of children unable to afford beautiful dollhouses than those of us willing to build & give them away.

Welcome to the group! Can't wait to see what ideas you come up with for the Beacon Hill! Speaking as a newer member starting my first dollhouse (okay I started my second one also, with about 5 more in the thought stages), this is a very addictive hobby!!!!!