New Miniaturist and Entering the Contest

cheherzad

For many years I have thought it would be fun to create a dollhouse. I've tried just about every other hobby known to man, but never got around to this one. I have been reading posts on this site for a few months and signed up with Greenleaf to be on their mailing list. To my surprise the notice of a contest showed up in my email and the creative juices went into overdrive. When the box/package arrived I couldn't wait to begin. Then I found my mind wandering to the possibilities. I lay in bed at night thinking of different ways to decorate, paint, finish, etc. I found it hard to stay focused on my latest book. With assorted children, grandchildren, and a great (yikes!) grandchild vying for attention all under the same roof, it was obvious something had to be done! I could put my aging mother in a home, find some orphanages for the children, and put the older ones out for indentured servitude. (This hobby is expensive) But then I would have to put up with a load of whining and complaining. I guess there will be many very late nights in my future...

Ha, man do I know what you mean...I have daughter and her husband and 2 grandkids back in my house ("it'll only be a month mom"), oh and another coming home from college. Actually son-in-law very helpful in my dollhouse building. Tonight when I get home from work I am going to try and put up my gallery! WooooHooo annie

Well if I'd discovered miniatures before our kids left home I guess I'd have had to sell one or two of them off for scientific experiments to finance it. Instead I have been frantically learning how to make everything.

Welcome to the "little" family, Cheryl, we're so very glad you're here to share your addic - er - passion with us.

:kicking: Welcome to the group Cheryl!!

We have all thought of selling off "something or some"one" to finance our obsession at one time or another...in fact, I'm thinking it right now :):)

Have fun and good luck in the contest!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...