How are you coming along with your Spring Fling?

heidiiiii

I thought we could tell everyone how we are doing with the contest house without actually spilling the beans.

I am on my second coat of poly on the floor and I just finished shingling the roof this morning.

Fred says he likes what I have done so far. I now have to start working on the little things that are going to go inside of the room.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't started mine yet, except in my head. It isn't going to take long, maybe a weekend. And we're going out of town the week before Memorial Day, so my personal deadline is May 15. Mine is humorous. I chuckle whenever I think about it. :)

What's holding me back from starting? The Creatin' Contest Adams! The structure is complete and I'm having a ball working on landscaping and making things for the inside.

pieces are sanded, primed (some that shouldn't be!) stained where applicable. not assembled.

and one very impatient girl is waiting for several online orders full of lovely little things to arrive!

and that landscaping is taking bloom (haha) in my head, though i seriously question whether i can pull it off.

Well, I had to make some major modifications on mine which is now done, and next I need to paint/stain it, and add the exterior, and interior finishes on it. I just need some motivation...

It's a fun and easy little thing to build!

I got another one as well but, I won't be entering it in the contest. That ones for my graveyard. :)

Well I had most of the stuff for the inside, that helped. The walls are glued in place, the floor done and exterior finish is 1/3 done. I had to go to AC Moore and get some wood to complete the exterior. I am still torn as to the interior wall treatment, have to decide soon. And I have to make doll curls for the person in my scene, oh and the clothes yet. Not so bad.

I haven't started mine yet. Have the ideas, ordered some stuff for it, but I've been working on the Dura-Craft Madison, and need to finish one project before I start another....(no room to have two projects going at once).

Let's see...I have first coat of poly on floor and door. Exterior trim painted, exterior color decided. Interior walls done and drying. I have decided to take this opportunity to try out bashing with my foamboard. We shall see how that goes. At this point, still unassembled. :)

AM in the planning stage of it as it is on its way over here, so far I am "starting" the exterior colour scheme and am planning how to decorate that, might have to do some serious silouette painting there to go with the look I am after, as for the inside, have it "planned" just need to see if rprior to start building the pieces that will go in there, have the general idea of what I want to incorporate, not much of a bash just some pampering...

Hugs

I haven't been able to start mine yet.

I have been working on Maggie so I can clear my space so I can work on it. I have no room to work on both. I am thinking that I will be able to start tomorrow afternoon because I am reaching a point where the work area will be pretty clear and Maggie is reaching a point where she can sit for a bit without pouting too much.

I have most of what I want to go in it. I had a couple of ideas, but after really looking at it and talking to it I now know what I am going to do with it.

Now what I am debating and now sure of is how to dress the floor... Not sure if I will go with a tile look or something else.... But that will come I suppose when it is put together, and then there is the ideas I am having on how to work with the roof as well....

Hugs

mine came the other day, i just need some time to work on it. I have a picture of my 2 boys helping(LOL) me.

One is 1 1/5 and the other 3 1/2, what to do what to do. So in between cars being put through what im working on and containers of wood being played with and tossed about, im getting alot done. NOT LOL

Hoping to do some work on Sat.

Jenn

Mine is all primed wallpapered(waiting on glue to dry) Iam planning the furniture end of it not too sure about the flooring though I might carpet that or leave it stained so we will see I dont have it assembled yet as when getting glue and things I FORGOT to buy tape :) . I have enough to keep me busy working on it until I can get tape and paint for the furniture that is going in to it!! Iam not bashing this or anything but it is takeing more of a roombox type thing going but I love it!!