What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Went to watch a friend do a parachute jump for charity today. She raised an amazing £1000, so proud of her!

It is properly back to work now, have to remember that I need to be in bed at a decent time so that I'm not too tired for a whole day of proper concentrating! (I'm a pharmacist)

A new rota coordinator is looking after our area at the moment, have to educate her about which branches are nice and local to me and have ok opening hours so that I'm home in time to say night night to the girls! I think she also lives in Stroud, so at least know's what towns are local-ish. To help my chances (and to earn a bit more) I'm helping her out when she needs over July and August doing extra days when she's short a pharmacist.

Painted the window and door trims for the Fairfield! Whoohooo! Only taken a year and a bit :p Next is to glue them on and decide whether to put acetates in or not. Got some paper straws I'd like to use for balcony/porch balustrade, but have to figure out how to stiffen them properly. Might have to try dipping them in glue and see what happens.

Looking forward to trying out that BBQ sauce Deb! sounds delicious.

Back from a quick trip to Warrensburg to deliver a BIG barn (almost didn't fit in the trunk of the car) and grandkids. Didn't like that I only had a week to get it together, but my grandson had a BB tournament this week he can't miss and Grandpa has to work during the week. We went to Truman dam on the way up there and the guys did a little fishing. At dark the area fireworks show started off the dam. AWESOME show. Well worth the delay in getting to the house in Warrensburg. My daughter said that was the kids FIRST big fireworks show. Most holidays they go to the other grandparents farm and shoot off their own (yep still legal in MO). Going to spend a few days cleaning and rearranging my "workshop" (living room now, moved it all out of the bed room before the kids came) then flip a coin to see which box comes out of my treasure room.

Got some paper straws I'd like to use for balcony/porch balustrade, but have to figure out how to stiffen them properly.

Muriel, are these hollow drinking straws? Can you slide a pipe cleaner inside to stiffen them?

Got some paper straws I'd like to use for balcony/porch balustrade, but have to figure out how to stiffen them properly. Might have to try dipping them in glue and see what happens.

Maybe slide a toothpick inside with a little glue.

I did just about nothing today! ha It was so hot and all I felt like doing was napping.......sad huh? Tomorrow I have to run like mad, do wash, pack to go to Albuquerque until Saturday. Trying to decide what minis to take to work on. :)

Muriel, cut your straws to length, cover one end with masking tape and fill the straw with glue and let it dry solid (stand the filled straws up in drinking glass or cup) and see how that works.

• Like 2

I did just about nothing today! ha It was so hot and all I felt like doing was napping.......sad huh? Tomorrow I have to run like mad, do wash, pack to go to Albuquerque until Saturday. Trying to decide what minis to take to work on. :)

Sometimes we need to power down so our internal engines can recover. I was also in a napping mood yesterday. Life will still be there after the nap. :D

• Like 2

The blueberries are getting ripe, so I have put on my lonb pants and shoes and after breakfast I'll add some 50spf sunscreen and my disreputable hat and grab a bag and go berrying in the woodsy part of our yard. For breakfast I shall use up the last of the berries in the freezer (plus what I picked yesterday) to make banana blueberry muffins.

• Like 1

I hear that disreputable hats are the style here in the south... :aussie::bigwink:

They are! My husband has one. I love pointing out hats to him "look, honey... that hat is almost as ugly as yours!"

• Like 1

I have a straw cowboy hat that I hot glued roses to... :D

Oh, now you're talking about funny Southern hats! I gave all mine away; all my big floppy hats are plain, no flowers.

I have a straw cowboy hat that I hot glued roses to... :D

I have a couple cowgirl hats with turquoise and silver beads I strung onto leather cording. I usually just wear a baseball cap though. :jester:

• Like 1

I almost never wear a hat as they tend to make me way too hot. It's hot here, supposed to hit 90 tomorrow. I finished the laundry and shopping so I can hibernate tomorrow. Temperatures over 75 make all my MS symptoms go nuts especially fatigue...just not pretty. It has cooled off this evening, so I may take a walk in a bit with my DH. I ate too much dinner, bbq chicken with my special marinade is one of my weaknesses :bigwink:

We just had a few thunderstorms roll by, and I cant keep my eyes open. I had to be at work at 5 am, then had to help my son mow one of the yards he mows. W

he had a baseball game tonight but we got rained out again.. we are trying to make up 4 games by thursday. It wont happen, we'll wait and see what they decide to do about the playoffs.

Kellee

Overdid it today cleaning after the grandkids left. I rearranged all the mini stuff and had a sandwich around 1:00, then proceeded to pass out until the spouse hollered at me that he was taking my car to a Mason's meeting. Hope I can get started on something tomorrow. I am losing energy more and more each day.

I am up to sitting in my air conditioned house. For two days I didn't put the air on, as the weather was nice and breezy. Yesterday I took a long walk, came home, and still didn't need the air. Today, I didn't make it past 9:30 AM before I had to jack up the air conditioner.

I am now going to water my plants, and I will probably pour some water over my head as well.

I hibernated today, too. 90+ degrees is too hot for yard work, even too hot to eat supper on the screened porch. Tomorrow should be about 10 degrees cooler, so the flowers I bought last week ought to be planted at last.