What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sounds super Sarah! Have a great visit, and yay for the new table! :)

Anna, have fun organizing! His great you have some things to organize in, that will make things so much easier. I went Ikea for the very first time a few weeks ago, I saw lots of cool things I wouldn't mind having. When I get the downstairs rooms finished with renovations, I'm hoping I can move some craft stuff down, and get organized. I am actually getting a hand-me-down Ikea shelf today to get started!

Yesterday I bought me a small shop vac and got the bathroom and bedroom vacuumed I'd all the dust and mess. That was my productive thing for yesterday.

• Like 1

All these tales of adventures! I'm taking notes about never renovating a bathroom and wishing that I were healthy enough to go help Selkie get thru that disaster and then work my way back home visiting everyone who's undergoing big projects right now to lend a hand here and there. Of course I'd have to rest up to visit Holly just to keep up with her for one day!!! Holly, I can't tell you how impressed I am that you've gone swimming with sharks. That's just SO cool. Anna and Sarah, my Muse is in agreement with yours that nothing can be done until the workspace is entirely organized right down to the last teeny electric brad. It's decidedly inconvenient at times!!

I've noticed that a lot of us refer to the "one thing for the day" process of getting things done. If it weren't for that policy, I'd never get anything accomplished. My ultimate goal is to be able to get a shower, make dinner, and do one thing. Some days the one thing is making dinner and other days the one thing is just getting a shower, but no matter what, I always try to get one thing done. Today it's groceries. Muriel, a lot of the big chain stores deliver groceries here now too after you place your order online which is awesome, but unfortunately there isn't a store that delivers in my small town. However, I hear rumors that walmart is working on a grocery delivery option and that's something I'll be doing now and then as soon as it's available. Just not having to walk on those floors of theirs would be a relief and free me up to do something else. I'm very conscious of how I budget my time and energy these days.

I have some good news to share! Bruce's schedule is finally going to stabilize and he'll be going back to a later shift in July that's promised as a "certain thing" til November at least. Yay!!! We've been here six months and his schedule has changed at least 8 times. He does a lot of the implementation of new projects and divisions so each time something new comes online, he gets a new schedule for a few weeks. Lately he's been on a 7am shift and for those of you who know us, you know that's just contrary to everything we hold near and dear. LOL!!! The day is better when it starts later so we're celebrating that Bruce will be on a 10-7 shift for awhile with the same days off all the time. <huge sigh of relief> It's been very difficult to establish a sense of equilibrium when we haven't been able to get into a set routine so this should make life much more comfortable and I'll stop worrying about the effects of early morning and lack of sleep on Bruce.

Oh, and last but not least I saw the *cutest* ever live miniature this morning! There's a teeny baby horny toad on the patio not even half an inch long yet. He's sooooooooooooooo adorable! He could literally curl up on my thumbnail and have room left over. He came creeping out from under one of the plant stands just after sunrise this morning and it's possible that it's his first full day out of the shell so he was understandably cautious. He darted back under the shelf and I sat there watching him learn how to use those still-soft talons to climb up the wall a little ways. He only made it a couple of inches but that's pretty good for what appeared to be a first attempt. I was going to spray for gnats this week but I'll hold off since it might not be good for him and besides, he'll live around that plant stand and eat gnats until he's big enough to venture out into the yard.

• Like 3

Just took a blueberry cobbler out of the oven. DH has run to the store to pick up some cream and vanilla ice cream to go with it. Should be just about right when he gets back. Yum !!!!

I use a really old fashioned sweet biscuit topping - not for dieters!

• Like 2

I had the swim adventure more than 50 years ago, when I was going to live forever and stop bullets with my teeth.

All these reno stories remind me of the ten-day conversion of our half bath to a full bath (the estimate given by the plumber that we based giving him the green light to go ahead and tear it all up) that wound up taking hime nearly four months...

We totally enjoyed the brunch this AM; a number of our good friends from the Jazz Society were there (Kathy is a big favorite) and the food was incredibly deliscious, as usual. As The Kid was with us and it was a gorgeous day (our rain moves in in the late afternoon/ evening)) we came home one of the many scenic routes; today we picked US98 to Elberta and then home. But I'd love to have you here, Deb; the Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola is wheelchair friendly and we noticed three new thrift stores to go check out next time we're in town.

One new thing that has popped up along US90 on our way into Pensacola is a brand new Wally World still getting finished up that will open across from the fairground; not just any old Wally World, either; it's a grocery store only (but a grocery store on steroids, nonetheless).

• Like 1

Today we leave the resort and head home. I worked Friday and Saturday and had Sunday off. We had planned to just kick back and relax yesterday, and I wanted to do some mini-ing which I brought with me, but I never got them out of the box. We went to a seminar, which I had expected to last about an hour, and ended up spending about 4 hours there! Don't know if any of you are WorldMark owners and know what I'm talking about, but it was a very profitable meeting and I don't begrudge the time. I finally understand more of the program - and realize we are not utilizing all the benefits! I plan to correct that oversight very soon!

But when we got back to the condo, I just felt like relaxing and doing nothing. So I recharged my battery instead of getting busy again. That was time well spent, also! Today we head home and are taking the scenic route instead of the Interstate. There is a place I haven't seen since I was a kid and I'd like to go back so that's the route we'll take. My DM (Dear Mother - is that in our list of abbreviations??) enjoys these road trips so much, and that adds to the fun of the trip, just seeing her enthusiasm.

• Like 1

I have debated about talking about what I am going to,but searching past forum posts I know it's something that has been brought up before. Forgive me if it's too much information (tmi,as the kids say!lol). So,here goes: I have a lump in my breast.

I don't have health insurance-never have checked into Obama care because I was so p.o.'d about how it has all been handled. So,I've been just frozen for months,not knowing what to do,hoping it would just go away...it didn't,of course. :huh: But when I finally confided in my cousin last week (I work as a caregiver for her sister-in-law.) she made a call to her doctor's nurse who directed us to the health department. I never knew they handled things like this! Years ago,when my finances were better and you weren't required to have insurance,I had yearly exams and mammograms that I paid cash for every year and was very good about keeping up with my health care. That was years ago,though.

Anyway,so today I went to a nearby health department clinic. They were very good to me and the cost is based on income,which is really great in my case. I also automatically qualify for a program I never knew existed for women in my age group(I'm 57),where I will be able to have yearly exams and mammograms,etc. I think it will either be free or a nominal charge.

All that is too much personal info,maybe,but I hope others who read this will check with their health departments,if cost of care is holding them back. I can go to this clinic for any medical care need and it is a very low fee. I had NO idea such care was offered to people in my situation-I don't have small children,not on welfare,etc,but cannot afford insurance and regular doctor visits. Just last week I finally broke down and had a tooth fixed that cost me the money I've been saving up for months towards getting a used car...

Anyway,I was told that the fact the lump hurts is a good sign-which I had read online and discussed with others. But,it's not for certain that it's 'nothing',of course. So,I will have a mammogram and ultrasound in 18 days. I will be nervous until then,but at least it will finally be done.

Along with all this,my blood pressure was up today. :ohmy: I had hypertension years ago when I was smoking and in a very stressful job,which improved after I quit both. So we hope it was just up today because I was so stressed over the lump. I was told to go home and rest the remainder of the day,then check my pressure. I will be monitoring it for several days and was given a low cost RX to fill if it continues to be high. I actually felt guilty for missing work-but I am glad I had some time to rest,as this has all made me a silent nervous wreck,which can't be good for my pressure!!

Anyway,thanx for 'listening'! ^_^ Kat

• Like 7

Good for you for taking charge of your health Kat! It is a scary thing and health care is a nightmare. So glad you found a great program and are on your way to taking care of all the things you need to. Fingers crossed it's a false alarm but doing it now is the best thing no matter what the outcome. Taking care of things is way better than letting them go. (course this is coming from the old lady who's waited 7 years for her surgery appt. cough, sputter, hide my head).

Seriously, Kat, I'm SO glad you found help and found it in time. Good job.

• Like 2

I found the first lump in my breast just before finals my first semester of Nursing School and the prep mammograms found two more! During my stint as a public health nurse one of the best kept secrets is that there is a program for senior women to have annual mammograms, biopsies and all that good diagnostic stuff to keep us from dying of breast cancer. THANK YOU for bringing this up; when it comes to health issues there is no such thing as TMI, IMO.

One of our local physicians, a lady, made us all breast cancer teaching necklaces. No pink ribbons or beads (except the smallest beads happened to be pink), they were different size beads to represent the different sizes that lumps are detected by women by the time they finally come out of denial and seek diagnosis and treatment all the way down to the little pink ones, which are the size usually found by regular annual mammograms.

Finding lumps is scary. Not acting on them can be deadly.

• Like 3

Was out running errands earlier today so went by the freah fish place and got some salmon that we will e putting on the BBQ in a little while, love to grill that with lots and lots of dill on it and to accompany that we are having a fresh tossed salad that smells heavenly from the leek, speing onions, radishes, ruccets (sp?) as well as basil and roasted edible pine nuts amongst other goodies...

Think I will take that glass of white wine and join hubby on the patio for the last rays of sun for today...

Hugs

• Like 2

We moved into the house, but I had to move out today. My soon-to-be ex-wife is throwing both houses out on the curb (if she can move them) for the trash pickup on Thursday. If anyone wants them, they are up for grabs. Both need to be finished / repaired. I don't know when I will be online again, so I will be hard to reach.

Whoa nelly Jeremy !! Don't know what's gone down but hang in there and PLEASE keep logging in here for your GL family support team. Please don't let those houses go to trash. Haul them off to some place safe - a buddy's garage or something. You have too much of you invested in them. You'll want to come back to that sweet spot someday when all this nightmare is over.

I'm so sorry everything you dreamed about is falling apart. You have my sympathies and here's a few hugs to boot. :console:

• Like 4

Definitely a supporting family here for you Jeremy, sending hugs and strength too. Really hope someone is able to look after the houses for you until you can get back to them.

Guess who went to Ikea for some shelves on Sunday? Yup, just decided to go ahead and buy them. Hobby room already looks much better, all our stuff is on the shelves, along with the girls' toys, and there's a couple shelves spare too. Now just need to get rid of a big old desk that was left when we moved in. It is a great desk - looks like a cupboard but both sides open up into a desk and shelves (it isn't just doors that open, it has shelves in the bit that opens) But it is just no use to us sadly.

Will take a couple pics when the room is properly done, hopefully tomorrow :)

• Like 3

OMG, Jeremy! :hug: Oh, I wish I lived closer! I'd die for those inlaid floors in the Tudor!

I posted elsewhere that while we were out running errands today we learned thaat the hobby shop had moved; it has relocated to the same shopping center that Harbor Freight is in and I lucked out on a Priority Mail flat box FULL of milled miin basswood. This means I will have to make all new interior door and window frames, but it also means that they will look GOOD!

• Like 1

OH no Jeremy! I don't know what happened there, I have not been in the thread for a while. Please don't go it without your friends here in the forum......

Big hugs and a prayer for things to work out better for you and soon!!!

• Like 1

Jeremy,sending good thoughts and prayers for strength-I know your priority will always be those wonderful children. It's hard to be a single parent,if it comes to that,and I know you will fight to always be a major part of their lives. I am speaking too negatively-I truly want y'all to make peace and be able to work things out. But if not,don't be too big and strong to lean on those who are there and here for you,okay?

Kat I'm so pleased you've found a way to get your lump checked out and I pray that the days until your appt fly by for you. I also hope it's just an annoying cyst.

Jeremy my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you keep checking in with the family here.

I'm still slowly improving but am currently waiting for a technical review result from ACC (NZ has a no blame policy when it comes to accidents so we can't sue people etc and ACC is supposed to provide cover in place of this), apparently the first medical expert doesn't believe my symptoms are from what happened to me - apparently my hospital notes only mention severe sepsis not septic shock though if the medical expert read the stats from my admission it's obvious (gees I figured it out). They've even declined the hernia and counseling at this stage. Luckily I have a good case manager and she's fighting for me as best as she can. I've been quite down because of this but am getting back to an even keel slowly.I ran into the Dr who was my surgical registrar on Saturday and he was so happy to see me (I got a lovely hug and kiss from him) and he told us that I am the sickest person he's ever seen come out alive - so that was sobering but also a reminder of how blessed I am to still be here.

On another note my youngest son (19) broke his collarbone at rugby training last Thursday night so he's come home for a while so we can help him out. We had a huge hunt to find his old glasses because he can't put his contacts in at the mo. I'm loving having him at home but am quite tired as I've only had to focus on me for so long.

I'm starting to think about miniatures again so hoping that in the next month I will be able to get back into them though it'll be little bits at a time to start.

• Like 2

Glad to hear from you Helen and that you are improving. Legal things are such a nightmare. Hope your case gets figured out fairly for you.

• Like 1

Hi,Helen-you were missed! Great to see you back here and will keep good thoughts and prayers for you,dear lady! Thanx for your well-wishes for me and I am of course tickled pink you are about to be mini-ing again!!:)

• Like 1

I really want to thank everyone who has been wishing me well since I revealed my unsettling news. It will be a hard 17 days (now) until my tests are run,if today was any indication,but your good humor and well wishes are such a blessing,mini friends!:)

Jeremy, I am so sorry you are going through this :( gosh darn it, this hurts my heart. Too many people will fight each other and not FOR each other. (Talking about my own issues here) Marriage is hard and I hope this isn't really the end for you guys. I've been going through tough times with mine recently too and you are such a sweet guy. I'm wishing you the best.

• Like 1