What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Hugs to you Heidi. :)

CJ, what a great sounding trip! And I agree with Deb, you are so awesome to your mom. I hope at least one of my kids likes me that much!

Deb, I love your lizard stories! And sorry you had a bad day, hope tomorrow is better.

Well, tomorrow is the day we find out about our big "restructure" at work. There has been every rumor possible flying around the last month since it was mentioned. And if that's not enough, we got an email at the end of the day that a tech and a network guy (they are married) are leaving tomorrow. So there's more mix up and drama. Hopefully though my husband can get the fulltime tech position that will be vacated, so that's a plus. Things should be interesting!!

• Like 1

Well, tomorrow is the day we find out about our big "restructure" at work. There has been every rumor possible flying around the last month since it was mentioned. And if that's not enough, we got an email at the end of the day that a tech and a network guy (they are married) are leaving tomorrow. So there's more mix up and drama. Hopefully though my husband can get the fulltime tech position that will be vacated, so that's a plus. Things should be interesting!!

Oh what a mess that can be! The rumor mill works overtime and comes up with some of the most ridiculous stuff ever........and people believe it because they don't know what else to believe. It's a nightmare of trauma/drama. I went thru five takeovers working for one company and each time I got "sold" along with the desks, computers, and phones but the rumors and stress of each transition made me crazy. I'm sorry that you guys are having to go thru all this but at least it'll be over soon and people will settle down. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the techy position will be your hubby's and that it'll be even better than he hoped for. it's fun to be a geek. We have more reasons to enjoy our work than a zookeeper. LOL!

Everyone is so busy, I am envious as I just sit around.

You can help me organize little lizard rowing teams like the ones at Princeton and Harvard. You can knit little sweaters for them and then present the gold cup to the winning team. Or we could just sit out in the yard and admire the view while the rest of the world escapes us. I like Plan B. LOL!!!

• Like 2

Deb, I think it's downright selfish of you to not share a photo. Come up with some excuse to take one.

Everyone is so busy, I am envious as I just sit around.

You can help me organize little lizard rowing teams like the ones at Princeton and Harvard. You can knit little sweaters for them and then present the gold cup to the winning team. Or we could just sit out in the yard and admire the view while the rest of the world escapes us. I like Plan B. LOL!!!

OR ....

You can say a little prayer for me for tomorrow if you have time between matches. I have my surgeon appt in the morning. I kinda nervous - no, I'm downright afraid. Want it but don't want it .... weird old lady that I am ...

• Like 4

Selkie,You'll be in my prayers too,dear lady.You wouldn't be human if you weren't scared,but I have no doubt you'll be fine. Just trust in The One who's receiving our prayers for you. :) Keep us posted when you are up to it. Big Hugs!

• Like 1

I pray daily for all of you with health issues.

Deb. I thought your description of giving baby lizards swimming lessons was hilarious! But if you're going to organize them into rowing teams if they can't swim, where will you ever find wee little PFDs (personal flotation devices/ lifejackets) for them to wear? And to make racing sculls long enough wo they don't beat each other black & blue with their tails will make them too long for the puddles, no? Not that it would be a problem for the whiptails, as they could just lose their tails and then they'd fit. Maybe you'd have better luck organizing them into dragon boat teams...

We are having more drama with this trip than I'm happy with; first, the RV is having electrical issues we are presently controlling with a battery charger. We are in the process of trying to sell the Havana house, and of course there is drama associated with that process, mostly with being 200 miles away.

The campground we're in has wifi and is only a mile or so from The Kid's house, so he is home visiting his friends and sleeping in his own bed and eating his own food for a couple of days before we hit the road again for the trip South. Both of his brothers say they're coming, and we know the VA one is because it's his visit that started all the plans for the birthday bash. The downside of marrying when she was 15 is that by the time she's 90 the birthday girl's grandchildren are becoming grandparents.

Yesterdaay's weather was truly horrible and when we stopped for lunch I wore my disreputable hat into the restaurant, took it off while we were inside, and in the course of restoring my blood sugar to normal with deliscious Mexican food went out to the truck and we were [assing the Chattahoochee interchange when I remembered I had forgotten to bring my hat with me. I hope that's the worst thing to happen this trip!

• Like 3

Deb have you thought about writing children's stories based on those little lizard guys and all their antics?

Positive thoughts going to all those with health issues just now. hope they are soon resolved.

• Like 4

Between the heat of the day and the afternoon (or in today's case, all day) showers, I have been tackling a few square yards of back yard jungle for about an hour each evening. I have a system that seems to work- I spray the obvious webs and areas I can't see very well with pesticide, knock down the webs with a shovel, and start cutting small branches and vines with my garden clippers. I keep the chainsaw handy for thicker limbs and saplings. The area I started working on yesterday was a 7 foot high wall of vines that span about 20 ft. between two small, sickly trees trying to grow under the canopy of the two largest oaks. When I look at the scale of the project, I feel like I'm trying to cut a highway through the Amazon with a pair of nail clippers.

I posted a photo with Jaden standing in the recently cleared out section on my Flickr account, here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jcp_precision_miniatures/14482817818/

Between the yard and job hunting, I need to find time to work on the Tudor. She's been neglected for far too long.

• Like 2

Wow Jeremy, you weren't kidding when you said a jungle! Jaden looks so happy :)

Well, I got my pantry cabinets painted yesterday. Hurray for things being all the same color :banana: Lots of thunderstorms last night so it's a little cooler, but stil too humid for outdoor stuff. I am off to do minis for the first time in about 7 months!!!

• Like 1

Thank you everybody. And big hugs to you all.
My absences will be less. I was/am busy with getting the yard and house in order so never enough hours. Some will agree that my FB time has been less also. So it isnt just here. My current state of mind is making me a tad lazy. My health just keeps giving me the one..two. Totally not fair! So i sit in front of computer and lose myself. hehehe I will be having this latest bump in the road looked into next week

It has been muggy with rain. I washed the stairs down, I ate a low carb lunch of chicken, I straightened the livingroom and meatloaf is planned for dinner. The dogs, cats and I have decided that today is a lazy day. I even slept in.

I would also like to report that I have given up Diet Pepsi. It has been 3 weeks. I have a small ulcer with esophageal erosion. I decided that my coffee will be one cup a day, my tomatoes will be spare, my chocolate will only when necessary and no more colas. I will give up all diet soda in the future but I am substituting with diet Polar sodas like Grape. Love Grape! LOL

• Like 2

Jeremy, if those vines are smilax you will want to invest in a shovel and dig up the roots; otherwise you will be cutting back those same vines every night (smilax grows phemonenally fast; nearly as fast as kudzu!). DH fights the smilax fight every spring and all summer long.

• Like 1

Jeremy - your new place looks so nice - lots of room for the kids to play :)

Busy day yesterday trying to get back in gear at home - unpack all the little bags, unload trip stuff from the car and reload the work stuff, get the laundry out and organized - I'd rather be driving!

Tomorrow my work season starts - I'm booked for 7 county fairs in a row, through the end of August. Don't have my September calendar yet, but that's when the State Fair runs for 21 days. The county fairs run 10-12 hours a day, and from 4-6 days, depending on the county. Whatever fair I'm scheduled for I work the whole thing, bell to bell. Some companies swap out booth workers, giving each half a day. I told my boss I don't like that system - it shoots my whole day anyway so I might as well get paid for the whole thing!

• Like 2

I don't know about anyone else Jeremy, but every time I try to view your pictures on you flickr account, I can't see a thing. It wants me to sign up and I don't really want an account. Sorry.

I don't know about anyone else Jeremy, but every time I try to view your pictures on you flickr account, I can't see a thing. It wants me to sign up and I don't really want an account. Sorry.

That is odd. I haven't seen it do that when I'm not logged in. Have you tried contacting the site?

I can see the pictures and I do not have any account there.

Maybe it's one of your flash settings or security settings that is blocking it.

Well, I had my appt. My surgery will need to be done one at a time :thumbdown: which means I have to go through the yucky recovery process twice !!! :sweat: :weep: It won't begin until sometime in October. :cry:

My daughter approved of him so that's good.

He took one look at my xrays and turned to me and said, "boy, your knees are sure toast!".

Um-m-m, ye-e-e-eah, that's kinda why I'm here, duh ...

Of course I didn't say that out loud, I just thought it in my head.

I won't have the exact date for a week or so but now I've got a real challenge to try to get some strength back before the surgery so I can recover faster. I need to get back to my water classes. It's just so hard to get in the building. It's not disabled friendly at all. Gotta bite the bullet especially since I have to do it twice - gr-r-r-r :rant:

Thanks everyone who kept me in mind today. I really appreciate it.

• Like 5