What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We moved into the house, but I had to move out today. My soon-to-be ex-wife is throwing both houses out on the curb (if she can move them) for the trash pickup on Thursday. If anyone wants them, they are up for grabs. Both need to be finished / repaired. I don't know when I will be online again, so I will be hard to reach.

Oh, been there and done that. I hope you two can work things out and it's just been a horribly rough year for you all. I'm with Selkie--please try to log in at a friend's house or cafe or something--we're here for you.

Helen, it's great to see you! I hope that things settle down in your life soon and you can get back to the focus of healing and mini-ing. Kat, thank you for posting about your experience, especially sharing the information that health care options are available for women who need assistance. I went thru my first lump experience in my mid-twenties and it scared the hell outta me. First the mammogram, then the biopsy and waiting for the results........and the intense relief at discovering that I have fibroid cystic breast disease. (Or as my internist put it, "You're just lumpy"). I hope that your results are equally benign.

Too many people will fight each other and not FOR each other............. Marriage is hard

<nodding in agreement and sympathy> Sometimes things just swing out of balance and it takes a lot of hard work to fix it. But IMO, making a marriage work is like crafting a sword. The steel is put into the fire, then hammered and folded and then back into the fire to start all over again. Sometimes the steel is hammered so thin that you'd think it couldn't take anymore, but then it's folded once more and bonds to itself with more impurities cleansed from deep within. The strongest swords are the ones with many layers because they've been thru the fire repeatedly and things that might cause them to break are burned away. It takes a lot of courage and fortitude to stand at the forge like that, but those are the marriages that endure.

Well, that was a little deeper than I intended it to be! But my heart is with those going thru difficulties because as Gloria said, been there, done that. Every now and then I have to wonder why the human species is hard wired for choosing a lifetime mate when it's one of the hardest things we do. I think I should take up studying swans. They mate for life and seemingly without a lot of problems. What do they know that we don't? LOL!!!

I'll lighten up now and wish everyone a happy Wednesday!!! Well, unless you're someplace where it's either Tuesday or Thursday. <giggling> Don't look at me like that. I'm lucky to know what day it is here, let alone what day it is somewhere else! If I didn't have a calender on my computer, I'd be totally clueless. Most of the time I like it that way. hehehehehe But whatever day it is, I've been making the most of the morning with my slow walk around the yard with the garden hose, watering plants before it gets too hot. I sprayed the patio for bugs and that's pretty much the end of my to-do list for the day except for trying to find my bbq sauce recipe. Bruce is working on the 4th but the management team is hosting a bbq for their employees and Bruce is the griller of the group so that's what he'll be doing and I thought I'd send some of the good stuff with him. I make a mean bbq sauce that simmers for almost a whole day and it's so good you don't need a burger under it. You can eat it with a spoon and lick the plate! I haven't made it in years and while I remember the ingredients, the numbers escape me so I need the recipe for the amounts. If I can't find it, I'll fake it till it tastes right. LOL!

What's everyone else up to today?

• Like 6

Just got back from a week of taking care of six of the grands! In a five level condo! So resting the old legs and still looking at that Felt Christmas stocking that I'm supposed to be working on out of the corner of my eye....

So sorry to read your post Jeremy, wish I was closer, I would store those houses for you. Will be praying for you.

And Deb! I hope you are doing better my friend! I am so glad that Arizona has had a good impact on your health!

Kat and Jeremy, I just caught up on the posts from the last day or so. I am thinking of you both and hoping each of your situations work out for the best. Hugs!!

• Like 1

Today is berry picking jam making day. :)

Yesterday we took Lawson on a college tour, to Ga State University. He is running out of time to make a decision, school starts here in about 6 weeks!

Later today I will go continue on the drywall mudding in Anslee's room. Yay. Making progress in there. Or something. :)

The dentist got a cancellation and I got the call just as I was getting ready to start breakfast; but I now have a mouthful of tartarless teeth and some OF fluoride to rinse with at bedtime.

• Like 1

Yay, Holly, love nice clean fresh teeth. I also started my morning at the dentist, to have a small filling on the side of a tooth. No shots thank goodness, it was very quick, then we headed on to the berry farm while we were out.

On the 2nd batch of blackberry jam. Then if I have enough jars still I will go ahead and make some grape jelly and strawberry jam while I have everything out.

Well, I'm back and a lot has certainly been going on!

Jeremy, I'm sure thinking of you guys and praying especially for those little ones :hug: Kat, hugs and good thoughts for you as well.

A problem free trip, no traffic or bad weather and I got to see almost my whole family in addition to bringing home a beautiful dining set. One of the best things is that my aunt (who owns a paint and wallpaper store) is going to save her scraps of matboard for me :banana:

• Like 1

Tracy,Deb,Cheverly,and Sarah:thanx so much for the good thoughts! I am trying to not be too nervous-I am 99.9% sure it will be nothing serious,but we all know that tiny little leftover percentile is the one that is the most scary! But,I am focusing on getting my blood pressure under control-which was a strange side benefit of the doctor visit,since it will distract me from the lump a bit! Aggghhh!! :blink: Ain't life somethin' wild!

I ordered the cutest little cheapy bistro set off of Amazon.com-I think it's meant for use in a fairy garden,but I want to put it in my Cool Breeze cottage/Dura-Craft Ashley as a dinette for 2.:D61YOhs%2B2ZvL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 2

It cracked me up when I read your post,Holly! Look what I just wrote about the set to someone else: "I was thinking of trying to cut a piece of rigid package plastic in a circle,for a 'glass' tabletop and maybe make some tiny tie-on seat cushions-will have to see it first to decide..." :D It will be fun,for sure-thanx!

Check JoAnn's for fat quarters; they usually come in tiny florals which are perfect for the purpose! You know, my offer of a get together for a play day stiill stands...

• Like 1

Boy! I miss a day or two here and all kinds of things have been going on!!

JEREMY - prayers are with you through these rough waters. Please don't let those houses be destroyed. I'm so sorry things are rough between you and your wife, and I do hope they will get better. Please don't cut off your internet access - we need to hear from you!

KAT - please keep us informed on the outcome of the mammogram. Praying for you, too.

Mother and I took the scenic route home from my last working-trip. Had a great time enjoying the magnificent scenery and the quietness of an island, instead of the rush of the Interstate. Heading off to NE later this week, driving, as the doctor said Mother shouldn't fly anymore.

• Like 2

I am sweating and waiting for the rain. I have some projects to do around the house today but it is too humid for some. Chelsea will be back in august so I have to get to painting her room, toot sweet! My computer mouse is crazy. Have to replace it. Grrr!

Off to the VA .. L has a sonogram scheduled followed by an appt with his pulmonary doctor. It's a follow-up appointment. He hasn't had any trouble breathing lately, even on the forced march "walking" tours in Cuba. :D We'll stop at Michael's, as he wants to get a drawing table for his new studio upstairs. I, of course, will scour the store for other items. :)

After two days of weed pulling, my muscles are happy for a break.

• Like 1

CJ, it sounds like you and your mother are having a wonderful summer. Your scenic route is definitely the way I'd go too. Slowing down and enjoying the trip is so much nicer than rushing from Point A to Point B on the interstate. I much prefer the secondary roads and explore along the way.

Heidi, you're sure staying busy! Painting a room is a big chore but I'm sure that Chelsea will love coming home to a sparkling room. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather report is right and Arthur will only bring rain your way.

Kathie, if you've been pulling weeds for two days, you not only need a break, you deserve some shopping! Can't wait to hear what you find at Michael's.

My homemade bbq sauce is made and in the crockpot where it'll simmer for about the next ten hours. It is soooooooooooooo good. I made a gallon this time and will send half of it to work with Bruce tomorrow and stick the other half in the fridge for us. The house is already starting to smell good and I know it'll have my mouth watering all day.

My wee baby lizard is okay. Yay! I was a little worried about him since the snake is leaving droppings right up by the patio so he's expanded his hunting area. But while I was sitting on the patio talking to Tracy yesterday, I saw a tiny little movement sort of ambling across the gravel in the yard.......until he got to the end of the shade from the mesquite tree and kicked on the afterburners to go "vrrrroooommmmmm" across the sunny patch where the rocks are hot. He practically flew up onto the patio and then put his feet in a little puddle of water from the misters. LOL!!! Later on he was up on the patio door looking in at Deano who had fifteen kinds of fits about it, but Fernando (it's as good a name as any for such a brave little lizard) had figured out that the glass is cool from the inside a/c and he wasn't going to budge. He made me think of my dad's story about stick lizards and that got me to laughing. Dad liked to mess with greenhorns and tenderfoots by telling them stories of imaginary desert creatures and making it sound so believable that they'd spend the rest of their lives thinking it was true. <cackle> Dad was such a character.

• Like 3

We got back from Branson on Sunday night with two of my six grandkids in tow. Started Angel's barn, it is now Thursday (I think) and we are progressing wonderfully. My grandson has got the "bug" YEAH!!! He spend all day yesterday sawing the pieces for the horse stalls, made a fence out of popcicle sticks and helped me get the outer layer off the cardboard for the barn "tin" roof.

Should get the big barn done today. Might take them to Home Depot and Hobby Lobby in Poplar Bluff. Marcus says I need a new blade on the mini hack saw. (think he wore it out yesterday).

Take the kids back home to KC tomorrow or Saturday with the big barn in the trunk (I hope it fits). I haven't attached the top permanently so it should be ok.

Does anyone remember who was looking for the dimensions of the roof parts of an Alexandria?

I said I'd try to find mine and measure them up.

I feel badly because I can't find the post it was in and I haven't found my roof parts yet.

I don't want to let someone down.

I'm sure I'll come across them soon since I have pulled out all my miniature boxes and supplies to move them to the newly cleaned up work room.

Help me remember please ... Thanks

CJ,so glad you and your mother's trip went so well. Thank you for your prayers!

Sounds like you had a good trip,too,Lawanda-I love the barn!

My clothes washer won't fill up to the proper level and the a/c is making a screeching noise when it comes on. Thanx to the internet,I've arm chair diagnosed both problems,which sound like quick fixes,and will try to get something done about them next week. Wouldn't ya know it would happen just before a major holiday weekend!! I will not let this affect my blood pressure,I will not let this affect my blood pressure, I will not let this.....mumble,mumble,mumble...Roxy,I could sure use some chocolate cake right now! LOL Thankfully,I rent,so the a/c repair won't be my problem,but I sure hope it holds up a few more days-Yikes!

Edited by kat57

Kat, isn't there something in the Rules of the Universe that demands that mechanical devices, children and pets all must schedule at least 50% of their drama on weekends or holidays? It seems to work out that way at our house.

Deb, my one purchase at Michael's was a mini stylus for tapping on my smart phone. No inspiration whatsoever. *sigh*

• Like 2

Our septic tank decided to back up into the house ( mostly into my bathtub!!!!!!!!! GROSS) on Superbowl Sunday! Do you think it could have come at any worse time???? Every beer drinking septic cleaning man was busy! :ohyeah:

• Like 1