What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh, you silly! Of course NOTHING works to keep rabbits and deer out of gardens.

I can tell you a sure-fire way to keep the deer out of gardens - don't know if it works for rabbits or not. Just have someone of the male species (human) "mark his territory" at night. Just drink a lot of liquid and go out there and "water" the perimeter. Works like a charm. A friend of ours discovered this many years ago, and I have since heard the great NW gardening guru, Cisco Morris, actually tell his audience about it! My DH has done it for years and it keeps the deer out of his flower and veggie gardens.

• Like 1

CJ, I'm picturing the look on my DH's face if I put that on his "honey-do" list :roflmao:

Errands out today. Thank goodness the weather is a little nicer or I wouldn't be able to do them. I've got to get moving on some RL house projects as well. I've been in the pre-planning stage for my living room paint color for a while. Time to get some chips/samples and some color on the wall.

• Like 2

I can tell you a sure-fire way to keep the deer out of gardens - don't know if it works for rabbits or not. Just have someone of the male species (human) "mark his territory" at night. Just drink a lot of liquid and go out there and "water" the perimeter. Works like a charm. A friend of ours discovered this many years ago, and I have since heard the great NW gardening guru, Cisco Morris, actually tell his audience about it! My DH has done it for years and it keeps the deer out of his flower and veggie gardens.

:jawdrop:

Who'da thunk it?

DH's high school class is doing their 55th reunion this week, yesterday and today. It's fun meeting some of his classmates.

• Like 1

CJ, I'm picturing the look on my DH's face if I put that on his "honey-do" list :roflmao:

hehehehehehe <gasp, snort> hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe <snerkle, shnark> hehehehehehehe Oh Sarah, thank you for the best laugh I've had in weeks! What a great way to start the day----a full out belly laugh while rolling around in bed and holding my sides. My jaws ache.

Now about that honey do lilst.............what'll it take to get you to video tape his reaction for us? :popcorn:

• Like 4

hehehehehehe <gasp, snort> hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe <snerkle, shnark> hehehehehehehe Oh Sarah, thank you for the best laugh I've had in weeks! What a great way to start the day----a full out belly laugh while rolling around in bed and holding my sides. My jaws ache.

Now about that honey do lilst.............what'll it take to get you to video tape his reaction for us? :popcorn:

My hubs reaction to the suggestion was "now that will take a couple of beers...." Then he trotted of to the basement snickering....

Hugs

• Like 1

I am completely wore out...

My friend was here visiting and we took the train down to Tempe and walked Mill Ave...had a Shiitake mushroom Pizza...YUMYUM!!

train back home and than off to GoodWill and the Dollar Tree...I am completely WORE out but it feels good...

She loved her hutch...BUT went CRAZY over MY snowman hutch...guess who else collects snowmen???? and who took home 2 hutches instead of 1??

it was a great day....ended on a sour note though...

as I pulled up to intersection light turns yellow...ya have to make choice go through or slam on brakes...I decide go through as I was almost in the crosswalk when it turned but than I had to brake for the DIP in the road and that slowed me so that it turned red bfore my big a** was all the way though...UNBEKNOWNST to me who was watching the road...miss PoPo was sitting there SIGH apparently I sped up to make it HA!!...if ya know me you know that dont happen...im usually the slammer on the brakes....dang having to PEEEEE...than red lights FULL panic turn the wrong way DUMASS everyone knows pull the the RIGHT!! mam have you never been pulled over....yes but MAM didnt always have crazy a** willdwoman panic attacks....so MAM is a hysterical mess thinking my dumbass now on her way to jail cuz I KNOW she gonna ask me to get out and do do some sobriety BS and we ALL know I CANNOT walk a straight line...SIGH...called Jason while I waited for her to write my ticket and hes said YOU ARE OK....so my mantra while I waited LOUDLY until I realised how that might look...sigh... short story...I and 4 other people got pulled over in Surprise....your welcome glad we could help get your quota!.....Feeling frustrated...dang it :pullhair:....one MORE THANG..c'est la vie

today I recoporate...tomorrow sweet Antonio will be babtised...at 8am...1 hour from us so we have to get all 5 of us up and out of here by 6:45am YIKES....who plans these things :sad?:

Lynette sweetie, that was enough to rattle anyone. You did okay and the important thing is that you handled it and it's over. <wrapping arms around you in a big hug> Flashing red lights cause an adrenalin surge and that can really mess with anyone.

.tomorrow sweet Antonio will be babtised...at 8am...1 hour from us so we have to get all 5 of us up and out of here by 6:45am YIKES....who plans these things :sad?:

<chuckling> My dad used to say that it's so the Padre can get in another 9 holes of golf before it gets too hot. (and he would know!!!)

• Like 1

today as I sit here..all I can think of is WHY MY HUTCH!?!

I would like to say I could make a duplicate but in fact some of the things on it I had purchased just 1 of because it was for MEEEEE.... :bangin:

but when joy is on a face a gift must be made!! lol and she displays yr round in a china hutch!!...she already had a place for it before I could box it up!!

she really liked hers and all its touches but the snowmen just made her light up...as any collector of snowmen understands....SIGH!!! :batman:

someday I will have my snowman hutch...funny how something I started and lost my muse yrs ago....suddenly came alive at just this moment???

:banana::D:banana:

• Like 1

:tongue1: to the yucky stuff of yesterday.

:cheer: for the new adventure with your friend.

:salute: for being such a great friend, wonderful gramma, and caring person to all of us.

:hug:

• Like 1

I'm enjoying a WorldMark by Wyndham condo in Blaine WA, just a few miles south of the Canadian border! I'm working a Senior Living Expo, and was able to book a room at the resort. When I work these out-of-town gigs that require an overnight stay, I have to take my mother with me. Don't quite feel confident in her ability to take care of everything overnight - stove off, doors locked, pills taken, food eaten -- too many things can go wrong. So I've been taking her along, and when I can get these condos it's wonderful! She's got a home away from home :)

Anyhow - my workday ends at 5:00 pm so I brought along some minis to work on in the evening. We're staying one extra day so that will be fun.

• Like 2

Well, I'm tuckered out - big time !!

Of the 5 rooms I've been overhauling this week - only one is done and that is only for now because when the bathroom reno gets moving further, the washer and dryer have to come out of that room. I'll be painting that room after that happens. We have glow in the dark paint for cool designs to go in there when we do the painting. Can't wait to get to the fun stuff. 2 bags of donate came out of there.

I'm really trying to purge a lot of stuff. I'm sick of looking at things that I never use. I also want to have everything in order for when my surgery date comes up. I go in 2 weeks to get things set with the surgeon. I want my house in order when I come home. It's the nesting instinct that is in high gear.

So the second room is 95% done - It's been rearranged, every drawer and cupboard and closet shelf have been gone through. We have 7 donate bags from that room alone.

Twinkles room has all the big furniture rearrangement done as well as the clothes have been sorted and bagged for donate and save for her sister but the "papers" hoe-out isn't done at all. She is slower than death so this could take awhile since it's her part of the job. She's a worse hoarder than I ever thought of being.

One half of my studio has had the furnishing rearranged thus creating a way worse mess in the middle of the floor since everything had to be cleared off in order to move the 3 tables around. The other half needs to be rearranged still and then everything can be put away again - at least until the carpenter builds me my new shelves in there. I've sent out a good dozen garbage bags of recycles that I've saved for way too long - just in case - you know the routine. It's time to collect new ones. The only thing I hung onto is the egg cartons because they are harder to come by.

My sewing room is the least done so far. I have a lot of stuff waiting to be sorted from my mother in law for sewing things. Most will probably go to the local 4H sewing club but I want to look for the girls first. It means it's messier than ever too !!! I did a cursory pick up and put away deal at the start of all of this but it will be the last to get finished.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be day we get the little things finished up in Wisteria's room and my studio at least set up furniture wise. Then all that will be left next week will be the sorting and stashing in the studio, Twinkle's sorting project, and the sewing room hoe out.

Gotta get these lame bones some rest time now.

• Like 2

I was home from work and dinner by 5 tonight, ready to start my week off from work.

Went downstairs and did a little more touchup paint to the bathroom, hopefully I got it all now.

My husband then went out to do yard work, so I went to help, particularly to pull weeds in the flower bed. If you can call it that, I think there are no flowers, just bushes, plants, weeds, and baby trees that don't belong. Anyhow, I was being very aware of the cactus, up until the point I flopped the plants back I was pulling weeds from in-between, and hit the back of my hand on the cactus. Ouch. I only had 3 stickers in me, but it bruised and felt like half my hand had been hit with a hammer. :(

So I came in and rested for a minute, and when I could move my hand I went back out. A couple minutes in I grabbed a holly bush leaf clipping (husband was trimming hedges) and got a little splinter in my finger. So I gave up on outside.

Went downstairs to start fixing the drywall mud mess the failed contractor made on the bedroom walls. Sanding walls, no sharp things right? Except for the small piece of carpet tack in the corner that hadn't been pulled up yet. And yep, stuck my finger right on it as I was sanding down to the bottom of the wall.

I came up and showered and am now spending the rest of the evening curled up on the corner of the sofa.

Hopefully tomorrow will be less sharp!

• Like 1

Ouch Tracy, I am with CJ here as I do hope that minis will be less owie-creating...

Been sighing over the impossibility of keeping things i order, also realizing that having only one table area and no drwers or cupboards to keep things sorted, it might have something to do with it... So been looking at IKEA, finding useful table and a chest of drawers that will fit nicley in the craft room to be later on as well. Hmm, now to see when I'll be able to there..

Hugs

This is going to sound strange, but Selkie I wish I lived closer to you so I could come and help. Not just because you are so sweet and I'd love to do it, but because clearing up, sorting, donating and moving furniture around is one of my absolute favorite things to do. My DH jokes that he never knows where his stuff is going to be because I move things around so much. It is not unusual to find me surrounded by a pile of bookcase contents. In fact, I have been contemplating another move for a few days now. The dining/pantry/office/entryway/sometime craft room has to be painted this summer which is pretty hard to do with a 7 foot bookcase in front of the wall so I'm thinking about flipping it with my VermontJr table. And surprise, surprise she has started waking up and saying how much I have neglected her in my work on other scales. She thinks she needs a kitchen reno, new furniture, and why haven't I ever finished my plans to get her some bedroom curtains with matching bedspread. Mind you, I have NO dedicated craft/mini space so I haven't been able to do really anything except drool over other people's work for about 3 months now.

So with the weather forecast gurus predicting grey, dull, overcast, rainy, cold and a hint of thunder I ended up running over to IKEA (it is only a 40-45 minutes ride away) to get me the coveted pieces to be able to have some storage room,ie a chest of drawers a cart on wheels a high legged table etc etc and now some five or six hours later I have all the items togehter to fill up in the morning, right now it is timetoprep so e dinner...

Will add a pic in my gallery to show the start to organization :wub:

Hugs

• Like 2

This is going to sound strange, but Selkie I wish I lived closer to you so I could come and help. Not just because you are so sweet and I'd love to do it, but because clearing up, sorting, donating and moving furniture around is one of my absolute favorite things to do. My DH jokes that he never knows where his stuff is going to be because I move things around so much. It is not unusual to find me surrounded by a pile of bookcase contents. In fact, I have been contemplating another move for a few days now.

I'd love to have you come. It's more fun with someone to share it with, esp. if you enjoy the same things.

My DH has always said the same thing. He always says to leave him a map so he could find his way through the maze. I LOVE rearranging rooms and furniture. Just did the living room in April. It really needs to be painted but that isn't at the top of the list yet so the rearranging satisfied the urge to "fix" it for now.

When my first batch of kiddos were young, they might come home from school on a given day and find out their bedrooms had all been swapped around. Boy did that ever cause some tempers to flare. I'd leave the "mess" in the middle of the floor for them to sort out and put away but I'd have moved all the furniture from one end of the house to the other.

I've been known to rig up ropes and create pulleys to get stuff up and down the stairs all by myself!! I've hauled giant wardrobes up and down that way. Hm-m-m-m??? Wonder if any of this contributes to the body breaking down with compression fractures and spinal degeneration and arthritis so bad???

I ripped apart the sewing room (clean craft room) today even though I was going to wait until next week. I decided there were too many mini supplies mixed into it so I had to haul them out. Why, I don't know. Now I can't even walk through the room and I've had to grab all three of my inhalers cuz the dust under the tables is SO bad. That's why I'm on here right now. Waiting for the inhalers to kick in so I can breathe again. Breathing is helpful you know.

I'm also waiting for DH and Twinkle to move a couple of things I can't lift so I can continue the rejuvenation of the studio (messy craft area). It's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

Just had the last of the leftover salmon for supper, yum.

Love rearranging furniture! Have to do it in the girls' room now, there's built in wardrobe along one wall, built in bookshelf along another wall, and window along a third wall in our room, only one place the bed can go really! Might have to do the sitting room though as Allana is now crawling and it'd be handy to have a playpen - both to keep her out of mischief and to keep her safe from enthusiastic Natasha. They were out in the garden on Thursday while I was getting food ready for the feast. Looked out and Natasha was enthusiastically patting Allana on the back a little too hard. Next time she was trying to lift Allana up in kind of a headlock. Then she'd somehow managed to wrap her up in one of the picnic blankets! (Just to clarify I had intervened each time, and Natasha had stopped doing the particular thing I'd intervened for!) Enough was enough and Allana got put in the outside playpen (former guinea pig run/Natasha's playpen) to keep her safe :p

Anna, our hobby room really needs some nice shelves too to put the stuff on. I am soooo tempted to just do an Ikea order as I wouldn't fit it in the car I don't think. Money is tight, so have been putting it off, but sometimes sanity needs looking after too! I'm excited for you, getting to have your space done nicely tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Another cancelled baseball game tonight. My youngest son has 5 games to make up due to rain outs. He gets so excited, then bummed when it rains. We were all set up, scorebook in hand and it started raining, thundering and lightning. So we are now home, sitting on the porch, relaxing.

We loaded The Kid into the truck and headed off to Ft Morgan after breakfast. We rode the ferry over to Dauphin Island and spent most of the day at the Estuarium there. It's outstanding! In addition to tanks of live critters from all the different estuarine habitats indoors they had an outdoor petting tank with cow-nosed rays and hammerhead sharks ini it. I have petted rays before (their backs feel like wet velvet) and sharks have a rather gritty skin that's like petting wet sandpaper (I have swum with your hammerheads when I was a young girl, under the fishing pier at Palm Beach; they're very laid back and docile, unlike many of their kindred). There is also a boardwalk that meanders through all sorts of shore vegetaation, but it was too hot for any critters that didn't want to be cooked to show themselves. After that we drove along the causeway back through Mobile and stopped on the Mobile Bay causeway to have an early dinner at one of the many seafood restaurants between Mobile and Spanish Fort before coming on home.

Our vocalist friend is the featured performer at a jazz brunch tomorrow AM in Seville Quarter, so we are going to hear her and eat some of their yummy stuff.

The band played two 30 minute sets last night, and three sets this evening. Mowed the back yard (3 acres) and cleaned all but the kitchen/dining room before I left to play. I'll finish tomorrow. . . gonna sleep well tonight.

• Like 1

Muriel sounds like your two little girls are great explorers ;)

Got to say that I just adore these new organizing possibilities, sorting through a lot of the stuff that I know I had "somewhere" on the table surface and sometimes never found so to speak. Now my muse is also enthusiastic and is not just whispering ideas but rather hollering about this, that and whatever. Need to get back to the sorting, sorting, sorting....

Hugs

• Like 1

Anna, organization is my favorite; it makes my muse very unhappy when all things are not in order. If I have to hunt for something, she usually stomps her foot at my incompetence and goes on strike :lol:

I'll be offline for a couple of days. My DH and I are headed upstate to visit my family and to pick up a "new to us" dining room set. My uncle's father recently passed away, and the table was up for sale. They had an auctioneer in to sell everything; because of the set's age and style he said they wouldn't get too much so we asked what they wanted for it. $100 for a dining table with pads for the top and 6 chairs! A few of the chairs are a bit wobbly and the table may need some wood finishing, but my dad and I can take care of all that. I'd been wanting a new table for a while, but everything is so expensive not to mention huge! I don't have a room the size of a football field to put it in. My uncle's parents bought it new in the 60's and used it for their "fancy" dinners. The plus side is that I get to see my grandparents! We're hoping to take them to lunch or dinner sometime on Monday either way we will have a good visit. My Grandma is probably my favorite person in the whole world, not counting my DH and my kids, and Grandpa is pretty awesome too :bigwink:

• Like 3