What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sandy, I rubbed the ribs on Monday at noon, wrapped them in foil and put them in the fridge. Tuesday I put them in the oven for the first hour and then turned them off whilst we ran errands; we got home at 1430 (2:30PM) and I turned the oven on at 250 until I went to bed at 2130 (9:30PM; I was pooped!). I left them in the oven overnight and this AM I turned the oven back on at 250, poured water in the bottom of the pan and left the oven on until we were ready to sit down to dinner at 1400 (2PM) this afternoon.

• Like 1

Well, I feel good tonight! All the Christmas decorations, and the Christmas Village, are put away for another year. I didn't get my dollhouse moved back to the shelf where the village was, but that won't take long tomorrow. All the dolls went to the Garden Bistro for a New Year's Eve party so the Museum is empty right now anyway. :)

• Like 1

Well, I feel good tonight! All the Christmas decorations, and the Christmas Village, are put away for another year. I didn't get my dollhouse moved back to the shelf where the village was, but that won't take long tomorrow. All the dolls went to the Garden Bistro for a New Year's Eve party so the Museum is empty right now anyway. :)

I didn't get my craft table up yesterday (surprise, surprise) but I did manage to get the house cleaned. We are 99% back to normal just a few chairs left to move. My hubby was off work yesterday so a nice day was had by all, although the cold I had for Christmas is moving through the rest of the house. Latest recipient is my mom who gets super cranky when she's sick. My older son is better and my hubby has mostly shrugged it off as well. On the list for today is getting the house ready for the storm we're supposed to be getting tonight.

• Like 1

I didn't get my craft table up yesterday (surprise, surprise) but I did manage to get the house cleaned. We are 99% back to normal just a few chairs left to move. My hubby was off work yesterday so a nice day was had by all, although the cold I had for Christmas is moving through the rest of the house. Latest recipient is my mom who gets super cranky when she's sick. My older son is better and my hubby has mostly shrugged it off as well. On the list for today is getting the house ready for the storm we're supposed to be getting tonight.

Hi, Sarah,

Sorry you had the cold for Christmas:( We got lucky and the cold moved through our house two weeks before Christmas.

I'm in Connecticut so I'll be getting ready for the same storm as you today...hopefully it won't be too bad, as of now the snow is light and fluffy.

Sandy, I rubbed the ribs on Monday at noon, wrapped them in foil and put them in the fridge. Tuesday I put them in the oven for the first hour and then turned them off whilst we ran errands; we got home at 1430 (2:30PM) and I turned the oven on at 250 until I went to bed at 2130 (9:30PM; I was pooped!). I left them in the oven overnight and this AM I turned the oven back on at 250, poured water in the bottom of the pan and left the oven on until we were ready to sit down to dinner at 1400 (2PM) this afternoon.

Perfect! Now I know ;~)! Seven hours (or so) at 250 F on the first day (after the one hour at 350 F). Now this just might wind up tasting real good!!!

I usually do. Depends on what I have in the pantry! It also sounds like very little extra barbeque sauce is needed. These ribs can probably stand alone. I don't favor most sauces anyway -- they're either too spicy or too strongly flavored and mask the taste of the ribs. Don't laugh, but my favorite sauce for ribs is something called Saucy Susan -- from the days when I'd make Chinese-styled ribs! It's a fruit-based sauce with either peaches or apricots (I forget), and it's delicious! I always have some in the fridge, and will probably use that.

Sandy, mix a quarter cup of your favorite stone-fruit preserves (peach, apricot, whatever) with a tablespoon of mustard and a dash of ginger and nuke them together in your microwave. You're right, though; the ribs can stand alone.

Sounds wonderful! I do that with orange marmalade sometimes -- add to that a tablespoon or two from the marinade I use for a pork tenderloin (light soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger), and then brush it on while cooking. Mmm... good! Just made that, served with peanut sauce and jasmine rice this past

Um, I cheat! I use "Taste of Thai" peanut sauce from Publix! I made that the first time, not knowing if my granddaughter would eat it/like it, so I took a chance. Turned out to be excellent, so I just kept using it. It's really good, especially because it's got just a little bite to it, but not hot -- I don't like hot (as in spicy/peppery) food -- and my granddaughter loved it. So, it's like, if it aint broke, don't fix it! She's a bit of a fussy eater (a bit?), so I won't change a thing!

Made it to my doctor appointment in spite of the snow and unplowed roads, and even came home with my flu shot syringe to use for applying grout. :D The nurse looked at me like I was loony tunes , :insane: but oh well. I'll say one thing , my arm hurts ! Stopped at the grocery store and stocked up for a couple of days and the feed mill for cow hooves for the dogs. :D Now to get some mini things done. :)

• Like 2

Shoveling and sledding !!!! Lol, we got about 4 - 5 inches of snow. All my Christmas decor is put away. We had leftovers from last nights baked pork roast and kraut. The boys had deer and kraut, of course I made them take a bit of pork as well yesterday. We are relaxing now . Ready for the weekend !

Kellee

No snow here, but plenty of cold rain. I threw on my wet riding gear and went out to meet up with some networking contacts. Although the attorneys I know aren't hiring, they were quick to drop names of law firms that are, and their hiring managers. I called a contact in Tampa that I have known for a while and she offered me a place to crash if I get any job interviews down there.

I'm almost evenly split on the idea of moving to Tampa as opposed to Houston. Both are large cities, but I have relatives by marriage in Texas along with several friends and former classmates. I have a few friends in Tampa and know my way around, but my wife would feel completely alone.

I really need to get back to work on the my houses, but I won't be motivated until I have found a job.

Learning to make peanut butter is on my list of things to do. Which reminds me, I need to make some jelly this weekend, we're out...

Hehe :) You buy a machine, nuts, oil and whatever else you like the sounds of in the enclosed recipe book. You chop the nuts, feed 'em to the machine, with whatever else you choose and hey guess whag? Home made nut butters.

Santa bought the machine at Fred Meyer's. A Kroger store.

• Like 1