What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

When I got home from town my Buttercup that I ordered the beginning of the week was sitting in the garage! Yeahhh! :clap:

I stopped into the consignment store and found a funky chair and couch that might just be the inspiration for the Buttercup build when I get to it! They never have anything even remotely useful for minis so this was a cool find!

• Like 1

Cleaned the house and did some laundry, my life is one long exciting adventure! Also got out my new cookbooks(my requested Christmas present) and made a delicious cake. I'm going to wait until after my hubby eats it to tell him it has prunes in it ;)

• Like 3

I went out to do some last-minute shopping (and so did everyone else in town!), picked up a couple of prescriptions for my inhalers, etc. Got ribs in the oven for tomorrow night, beans going in to soak overnight (thanks, Holly -- not to be confused with my granddaughter who can't/won't cook, also named Holly!); putting sand, pebbles, river stones, grass clumps on the beach (Fishy Frank -- hey, sharp curves ahead -- you gotta follow along here!), then I'm gonna play with some different stains and staining techniques for a bunch of HOM kits that are coming this week (went a little nuts on ebay after I got the first kit and saw how easy these are to put together -- I think I got about 10? How can you have too many of these? There's always another house lurking right around the corner!). I also got a chair and a sofa (House of Miniatures) because I want to see how easy or difficult it is to do these (I'm planning to use my own fabric, using what comes in the box as a pattern).

All of the above while waiting for the big snow we're supposed to get tonight! I betcha it won't amount to more than a few flurries -- nothing that will stick. But I will be prepared!!! Chattanooga (I live in a suburb, just north of Chatt) will probably close down because of this!!! They don't know what to do with it! No snow plows, no salt trucks, no nuthin'! The schools will probably be closed, too. My granddaughter is driving back from FL; expect her about 7:00 -- well before the snow. I have comfort food ready to heat (soup & sandwiches and/or French toast -- I make the challah bread French toast, then freeze packages to use as needed -- (my) Holly will grab a pkg to take with her for breakfast when she leaves at 7:00 am [ugh!]). Next, I'm doing laundry and when my favorite flannel PJs come out of the dryer nice and warm, I'm gonna snuggle into them and curl up and read my book! It's only going down to 21° F tonight, but it's expected to go down to 4° F tomorrow night!!! I left Florida for this????

Do you folks really want to know all this? You can just ignore it, you know (I sure would!).

• Like 2

LOL Sandy! I enjoyed reading it! :)

We just went out for an afternoon walk. The sun is out but how deceiving is that? Its -10 and the wind blowing so hard I had trouble walking against it on the way back.........us Northern New Mexicans are either very hardy or very stupid! :doh: Right now I am going to crawl into a hot cup of tea and do the backstroke if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Sandy, this holly once lived in Signal Mountain, so very familiar with winter weather in the Chattanooga area! Hit the thrift stores for those old, wide polyester neckties from the '70s and '80s; they make the best mini upholstery!

I did venture out...when I got back to Dphn, I left my ski pants in the car. i am gonna need them tomorrow. So I thought, well I will also brush off the snow from the storm on Friday.

Nope. Too cold, wind chill -47, I grabbed the pants and scooted back into the house. brrrrrrr. Whole province under a windchill again.

So glad you all liked what I did today <laughing!>

Holly, what a fabulous idea! I never would have thought of that! Super cool. I'll check that out. Soon as it warms up! I'm actually planning to match a gold color in the wallpaper I'm using for this room.

I'm exactly where I wanted to be at this moment -- home, waiting for my laundry to come out of the dryer ;~)! Dog's been fed, aha -- clothes are dry. Ooooh, that feels so nice and warm!

Have some lobster bisque ready to heat up with some croissants -- oops, before anyone asks me for the recipe, these are really Pillsbury Crescent Rolls! <still laughing!>

I spent much of the day searching for my COBRA insurance paperwork. I finally found it this evening. I have been so busy looking for work and dealing with the kids, I forgot to activate it. Apparently the deadline was December 31, so I have been uninsured for almost a week. I guess I better start looking both ways before crossing the street and stuff like that.

I've always wondered, if you keep things in a closed cabinet and never open it, how is it that everything in there gets dirty anyway?

I need to put back the Dickens Village houses I took out to put under the tree. I keep them all displayed in a cabinet with glass doors and mirror back, and I noticed how dirty the mirror and the inside of the glass have become. I'm going to have to take everything out, clean the inside of the cabinet, rearrange everything and lock it again.

I'm going t brin the Shenandoah pstairs and sat works on the porch. Kids are out of school because of temperatures. Hopefully I can talk youngest son into cleaning up his room.... Moving a dresser out that he does not need. If we hang all his school shirts in the closet and use his long dresser for his play clothes ! I really think I could use that dresser,lol.

Kellee

I'm going t brin the Shenandoah pstairs and sat works on the porch. Kids are out of school because of temperatures. Hopefully I can talk youngest son into cleaning up his room.... Moving a dresser out that he does not need. If we hang all his school shirts in the closet and use his long dresser for his play clothes ! I really think I could use that dresser,lol.

Kellee

Well yesterday I was enthusiastic about tidying away Christmas bits and finding places for endless toys today (some rearranging of shelves needed). Today I'm not feeling any enthusiasm for it!

I'd much rather have some of your snow to play in!

Well yesterday I was enthusiastic about tidying away Christmas bits and finding places for endless toys today (some rearranging of shelves needed). Today I'm not feeling any enthusiasm for it!

I'd much rather have some of your snow to play in!

Muriel--you can have some play time in our snow if you'd like! We've had 15 inches of it in the last 2 days, and everything is closed (except my cardiologist's office) due to dangerously low wind chill which is -30F. Of course, I have a pre-op appointment at 10, and with the drifting I'll have to leave at 9 for a 10 o'clock appointment. On good roads it's about a 15 minute drive. This is cold even for the mitten state. Horses and outside dog all in the barn for the duration.

I don't know if it snowed at all here last night, but there's no snow to be seen this morning! Much ado about nothing -- just as I figured!

Ribs are in the oven, slowly baking. My peas are in the pot, having soaked all night, and my Holly is still sleeping (because her car is still in the driveway), so I assume the UTC is closed today. That's wonderful! I love having her home with me, where it's nice and warm and cozy. Do I sound like a grandma? Duh! It's such a nice feeling, knowing that there's absolutely nothing I need from outside -- and that's saying something for a Jewish mother whose security blanket is her pantry/refrigerator! My family used to joke that at any given time, they could bring a dozen strangers home and there'd be enough food to feed everyone quite well. I guess, truth be told, they were right. I'm still that way to an extent, even though there's just the two of us here (excluding Luna and Little Girl [kitten and dog, respectively])

Hi Everyone! Since I couldn't get into this site all day I got a lot done on the Orchid. I painted a lot of trim, second coats mostly, and decided on the rest of the colors. I have to use what I have on hand as I won't be going to a craft store for a few months now.

I don't know what the rest of the world is doing today but I am going back to painting. :)

• Like 1

mandy it's true of ex grad students too! When I was studying for my second master's degree. my assisitantship cheque would come in May...which had to last me til Aug. Thank the gods for student loans and food banks!

(never could spell.... :bigwink: )

During my first year of college, my kitchen was completely empty for 15 days on one occasion before I landed my first part-time job. Having a full pantry/refrigerator does make a difference to one's peace of mind.

I spent the past few evenings watching season 2 of The Walking Dead. When I heard a cable network was making a series about zombies, I thought they were nuts. I like a good horror movie, but they are few and far between. The show is surprisingly good. Well thought out plot, character development and plenty of scary situations. I happened to find the entire Season 1 set at the library a few months ago and Season 2 was on sale at Best Buy, so I got it. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy Season 3, but I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

BTW, Season 2 was shot primarily at a Victorian farm house. It has a really neat porch and at least 4 chimneys.

• Like 1

Jeremey, my nephew (he is culinary school) made zombie sugar bread cookies! They were missing arms, legs, heads....very funny and decorating is the one area he struggles with, so he takes every chance he can get to practice.

Next Great Canadian Baker, here we come!