What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Kathie, my thoughts are with you. I hope that all goes well for your sister in law. Sounds like she has quite an ordeal ahead of her, and here's hoping that it's as easy as possible -- for her, especially, and for those who care for and about her.

• Like 1

Today I am teaching a co worker to skate. And happy dancing, cause a local pair are Going To Da Big O!!!!!

I've watched this team grow up, so it is just sooo cool that they are now competing at the big time comps. Paige is totally fearless.

I've been playing with the new ( to me ) scroll saw , love , love , love it ! :D I found a bunch of free patterns online I'll be trying out. Still working on the crocodile stitch afghan and some mini ones for the dollhouses. :) I wish RL afghans went as quickly as the mini ones. :bear:

• Like 1

Today I am teaching a co worker to skate. And happy dancing, cause a local pair are Going To Da Big O!!!!!

I've watched this team grow up, so it is just sooo cool that they are now competing at the big time comps. Paige is totally fearless.

Would we recognize your name from previous olympic(-style) competitions? Couples or solo?

Kat,

That sure does bring back memories of mom rubbing whiskey on my younger sibling's gums when they were teething. Not sure if it numbed them up, but they sure did mellow out and sleep well. I nearly choked on my drink at the thought of you taking a straight shot when you were a kid. :p

Stacy, home you're feeling better.

Kathie, please tell Lloyd I hope his sister pulls through. She must be one tough gal. The thought of walking around on a broken femur is cringe-worthy.

I took my DW and kids to lunch today. She wanted to try a new Chinese place, but there must have been 40 people waiting outside in line to be served. Instead we went to a nicer Italian place. The kids mostly behaved and most importantly, DW had a good time. The rest of the evening was spent job hunting and applying online for several jobs in Tampa Bay.

• Like 2

Slight change in plans. After a long talk with sis-in-law tonight, she'll be happier if we come down toward the end of the month to be there when she has the hip surgery so we can mother-hen her husband and be there when she gets out of the hospital. She is comfortable with the diagnoses and treatment plans. All she has to do now, she says, is get from one appointment to the next and make the co-pays, and by February she'll be fixed. :)

Kathie ,

Sending thoughts and prayers for your sister in law , she certainly has the right attitude , wishing her all the best .

Jeremy,

Thanks , felt a little better today , hopefully I can avoid another trip to the doctor.

Spent most of the day crocheting RL and mini afghans while watching football , put a pretty good dent in the yarn stash , a few more skeins and I'll have room to hide a couple more dollhouse kits. :D I think I'll work on siding the Orchid tomorrow and try to get her closer to being done , along with playing around with the scroll saw.

• Like 1

Nope. I was a grass roots skater. My big jump was a flip....I did compete a few times, but would freak out and turn into a human zamboni.

Very cool! (My brother operated the Zamboni at the university's arena back in the 70's. He played hockey, too.) I used to be able to skate in circles. . . .so flips sound pretty fancy to me.

I can do the lemon, honey and some tea, no whiskey though..Mom used to use brandy I think it was blackberry? Anyway, can't have it. hit my 2yr mark on New Year's. Want to keep it that way.

Kathie, prayers for your sister.

Stacey, Glad you're feelin' a lil' better at least. *hugs*

Hope everyone else is doin' well.

Have to go down to the lobby to wait for some incoming packages. No telling when they'll be coming in either. :)

~morningstar~

• Like 2

I am playing with my Orchid and hoping for a warm mid day so I can take papers outside to seal with spray.

Trying to catch up after a weekend of doing nothing but football and hanging around the house.....time to get to work! :)

I've been playing with the new ( to me ) scroll saw , love , love , love it ! :D I found a bunch of free patterns online I'll be trying out. Still working on the crocodile stitch afghan and some mini ones for the dollhouses. :) I wish RL afghans went as quickly as the mini ones. :bear:

Stacey, I'm so glad that you are feeling a little better! Nothing worse than feeling lousy inside when it's so grey and dismal outside!

Would you share (if you remember the link to) the free patterns for your scroll saw? Practicing with my new saw is very close to the top of my list! TIA!

Holly, I love Indian food, but Mobile is just a bit far to travel for dinner! I did find a surprisingly good Chinese (Cantonese, Schezuan) restaurant close by, though!k OH! I see that it's a buffet. Never been to a buffet at an Indian restaurant before. I see that they deliver? How far??? Their pictures are making my mouth water and it's not even time for lunch yet.

Sandy, both the Indian restaurants in Pensacola offer lunch buffets. We went hunting for Yak, the Katmandhu Kitchen, though, because it also offers Tibetan and Bhutanese cuisine; we only had Tibetan food once, at the Lhasa Moon in San Francisco and we've never had Bhutanese food. The only thing I've ever had from Tibet that I don't care for is their tea, which is served piping hot (good) with a dollop of yak butter (salty, oily, and I don't take anything in my tea anyway, so particularly nasty to my palate). If you ever are in our area and we're home you're welcome to crash with us for a couple of days and we'll haul you to whatever neat restaurants you'd like. Pensacola has a few nice Thai places and one Japanese restaurant that serves bento box lunches.

Holly, thank you for the offer. I don't ever pass through or near Pensacola on my travels... I take I-75 all the way down through GA and into FL, then get on the turnpike where it starts for the rest of the trip -- which is why it's such a boring drive! I will let you know if I plan to be in or driving through Alabama, but I don't really have any reason to do so, except for visiting a restaurant (and you folks!). I've enjoyed Thai, Indian, and Vietnamese food, of course, but not Tibetan or Bhutanese. Over time, I've found that my tastes have become simpler -- I used to be eager to try anything new; now, not so much -- it really has to sound good!

Oh, Stacey, oh, my! Are these supposed to be for newbies??? They are beautiful, but also really intricate and complicated, no? Please, you must show me (us) your work! Do I dare try one of these? My daughter tried using a scroll saw in the woodworking dept. of the school where she teaches, and told me that you really need practice in learning how to control the cuts! I am finishing up the last few bits on the SF build (only because I want to try to sell it -- for lack of room to keep it!) and then I can use the table underneath that was originally bought for the scroll saw! If I can re-create these patterns -- or even come close, I'd be thrilled!

Thank you for sharing!!!

• Like 1

Oh, Holly, thank you for telling me about Wolfie. I hadn't seen any of her work or seen her on any of the forums I frequent. She is amazingly talented at so many things, and it really perked me up to see what she's done -- realizing that she's had some health issues, and we're just about the same age (birthdays within a week of each other!). One question... is Fluffy her nickname or the name of her scroll saw? -- DON'T LAUGH AT ME! I just sent her a PM, but forgot to ask her ;~)!

Holly all the places to eat you describe have me green with envy. I have the choice of fast food, fast food or fast food....

On the other hand, I've become quite a good cook.....

And I like lemon tea with honey. Or David's Tea: Gail's Cold Remedy with honey...although a splash of something never goes amiss... :yes:

• Like 2