What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Barbie, it doesn't hurt that Pensacola is a Navy town, and a lot of sailors retire there, so we have food from all over; plus two Air Force bases and a port of entry within 50 miles, so we're an hour's (or so) drive on the interstate to even more choices.

Well, last night I got a surprise in the mail! Stacey made and sent me a Mouse Family for my Orchid! I am so tickled I can't begin to tell you! It just made my day! What a sweetie.....I love it!!!! Sooooooo cute!

Here they are standing in the snow outside the quarter scale Arthur in my village. I know the house is too small for them but they agreed to stay there until their Orchid is finished.
I need some help with names. Suggestions???

Here they are! Thanks Stacey you made my week!

There are some awesome people in this forum! :wub:

post-26465-0-17515800-1389739985_thumb.j

• Like 4

Wow,Stacey,you are soooo sweet! 'Course I already knew that,but this surprise for Roxy is phenomenal! Made me shed a happy tear,my friends!! What a cute family! Can't think of names to suggest,but I know you'll enjoy them,Roxy! Thanx from me,too,Stacey,for making Roxy's day and week! :D

• Like 3

:blush: It makes my week that you are pleased with them Roxy !! I almost sent you a message a couple of times , but I wanted them to be a surprise , so I'm glad I didn't . :) Can't wait to see them in their new home !!

• Like 4

Well, I'm up in the middle of the night doing the entire bed worth of laundry from an upchucking kiddo and fussing another one that I think is headed that direction. Wouldn't you know that we have annual checkups for them in the afternoon so I guess if it's anything serious, the MD can tell us then. Upchucking and potty training are the 2 areas of child rearing that I really do not enjoy. sigh ....

I got inspired with everyone's knitting and needlework projects to get supplies to try something new (to me). I got an adjustable sock loom and some very pretty yarns to try my hand at sock making. Regular knitting is very hard on my hands so I thought this might be easier. We'll see.

I've been setting up and teaching the middle grand to use the kids version of a knitting machine and knitting knobby and other little loom-ish type things. She also has the rubber band loom that is all the rage with the young girls right now. So, Gram needed a new toy too. I can never find socks that I like anymore so maybe this will solve that problem too.

• Like 2

I wont get anything done today, have dr. Appts to go to.

I got a lot done yesterday. It don't look like it but I did.! I need to find some smaller boxes to organize everything with. Too many things in 1 room. I wrote down all the different crafts I have in there so I know how many boxes I need. Beading; plastic canvas,crochet, knitting; scrapbooking; cross stitch, model cars ( the boys). Then I'm going to organize all my dollhouse stuff as well, so I'll need boxes for, living room, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms. Then smaller boxes for the accessories.... Flower making, bathroom acc. , kitchen acc. I really need to organize it all so I can find things, it's such a horrible mess right now.

Paper hanger/painter coming today to do the condo kitchen, nearly the last task to get the place in order after last spring's roof leak damage. We've been back since before Thanksgiving but were not successful finding anyone eager to work during the holiday period.

• Like 1

Stacey, that was such a nice thing to do! Mice, even tiny ones, are not my favorite creatures, so naming them is not my cup of tea, but Holly's suggestion is very cute and fits them perfectly, I think.

• Like 1

Last night, we (my granddaughter and I) had tickets to the Shun Yen performance here in Chattanooga. It was the first time we'd seen this and really didn't know what to expect. This troupe brought the audience samplings of 5,000 years of Chinese culture in the form of dance, song, and lore. Well, it was absolutely spectacular. The choreography was fantastic, the costumes absolutely fabulous -- all done with amazingly creative animated backdrops and an incredible orchestra. We had third row orchestra seats, and I was wishing we were closer! I will go again -- in a heartbeat -- if they come back here next year! If the powers that be in China today realized what they had, and built upon that, how very different that country would appear in our minds -- as opposed to the current regime. What a difference that could make in its dealings with the rest of the world!

Did not snow, as had been predicted, this morning, so maybe I can get out and do some marketing. I always feel great in the mornings but, unfortunately, that fades when I start walking and realize that I can't get very far. But I'm very lucky to have such nice people around here. If I phone customer service at Publix when I park, they'll bring an electric scooter to the car so I don't have to walk from my parking spot to the store; my local bakery told me to just park out front and call them -- they'll bring whatever I want out to me! (Too bad that doesn't work with Hobby Lobby or Michaels!) That would NEVER have happened in Florida so, despite the weather, I'm pleased that I'm here. And my granddaughter -- ah, she's a gem. There isn't anything that I ask that she won't do, with a smile! It helps, I suppose, that she runs the Students with Disabilities dept at UTC here, so she knows how to handle just about any situation and anything I need -- including (but not limited to) asking for an "accessible" restroom at the theater last night when I saw that the "ladies lounge" was down a long flight of steps (going down is not a problem, but coming up would certainly be). So much to be thankful for, including -- and especially -- my wonderful family right here!!!

• Like 2

Ah Sandy, you are truly blessed in spite of having to live with the infirmities. What a wonderful testimony of your granddaughters upbringing and heart. I love hearing news like this from the younger generation. It renews my faith in them. I have 2 older grands that are great helpers to me too and sing their praises. Glad you got to see/hear such a wonderful performance. Sounds thrilling.

• Like 1

Thanks, Selkie. Yes, I am blessed, and yes, I am very pleased about last night's entertainment! I cannot describe my feelings of awe at their costumes! The colors, the drape, the pure skill that went into the creation of these is amazing -- so much so, that I can't wait to try to re-create some of them! For myself? For a doll? Hmmm... I just don't know quite where on my list to put this!!!

• Like 1

Feeling sad this morning. Little Annie passed on in the night........she was a sweet little dog I will miss her following me everywhere in the house all day.

I am not much in the mood to work on the Orchid today...maybe later I will feel better. I think I will go into town and see if I can find ANYTHING at all in the way of minis. Its a real challenge. At least its a nice day for a walk! Have a good day everyone.

Feeling sad this morning. Little Annie passed on in the night........she was a sweet little dog I will miss her following me everywhere in the house all day.

I am not much in the mood to work on the Orchid today...maybe later I will feel better. I think I will go into town and see if I can find ANYTHING at all in the way of minis. Its a real challenge. At least its a nice day for a walk! Have a good day everyone.

Sorry for your loss, Roxy. I hope you can find a little peace today and maybe something to help you smile. :console:

• Like 1

Oh, Roxy, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. Back in 2005, I lost a little Shih Tsu who was the love of my life. You never really get over the loss of a friend like that, but the pain does lessen over time. Keep busy. I hope you found some minis of interest in your search when you went into town -- at least enough to occupy your mind for a while.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! I went into town and walked around aimlessly for about 2 hours. There isn't much town to walk in so I was going in circles for a while. I feel a little better now. I am going to go work on the Orchid. Thank you all for your kindness.

• Like 2