What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Gayle - I'm having the same problems. Can't use the "quote" feature anymore, nor can I cut/paste anything into the comment box, which is very frustrating if I want to share a link.

As to the emoticons - if you click on the smiley at the top, you'll get the little bar across the bottom, which has the "show all" below that. For me, the "show all" doesn't work anymore - I mean, it works to open the little window, but when I click on the one I want nothing happens. However, I recently discovered, there is a little bitty arrow at the far right of the strip of emoticons. Click on that and it will scroll through the whole list. I used to think that first strip was all that was available. It's a more tedious way to find them, but they are all there, one strip at a time, and those I can get into the comment box.

Hope this helps a little bit. I keep thinking the other features will return eventually. But I really miss the "quote" feature. :(

Can't use the "quote" feature anymore,

hmmmmm works for me. :cheers:

The mechanic got the car running and out of the garage yesterday. DH has driven it several times and all was ok, but I won't be driving it till it gets totally checked out. DH doesn't know why those little dashboard warning lights come on for me and never for him. I think I'm just jinxed. If there are 5 lines in the supermarket I always, always wind up in the slow one where someone needs a price check or wants to write a check or something. I did find out online what the zigzag red light on the dashboard was - a bunch of other people asked the same question. Turns out the car's computer had detected an engine problem when I turned on the car yesterday. i said to DH - See? It's not my fault! :badmood:

• Like 1

The quote button hasn't been working for me either .

Feeling a little better today , I see the doctor next week so we'll figure out what's going on. Watching football and making a list for our big trip to the city , need to stock up on some craft supplies and mini stuff. The last time I left the house was on the fifth - I'm becoming a hermit. :bear:

• Like 1

Back in April, my check engine light kept coming on. Took it to the dealer and after leaving it for an entire day, all they changed was the gas cap. The same light came back on before I got home. We were driving to our favorite camp site and my speedometer was showing 10 mph and the tachometer was showing 2000 rpms. I called the authorized dealer and told them what was going on. Ended up having to have something computer related done to my truck and haven't had any more problems. DH wouldn't let me ignore it because he felt that the light kept coming on for a reason. All the sensors were messed up and cost over $600 to have it repaired.

Feeling a little better today , I see the doctor next week so we'll figure out what's going on. Watching football and making a list for our big trip to the city , need to stock up on some craft supplies and mini stuff. The last time I left the house was on the fifth - I'm becoming a hermit. :bear:

From one hermit to another I hope you get answers and are feeling better soon :flowers: .

• Like 2

As a 'semi'-hermit,I sure hope you feel better soon,Stacey and I hope you have a great time shopping!:) I used to stay home for weeks at a time. Now,I still rarely go anywhere but to my caregiver job,2 miles up the road and back,unless my son gets me to go to town with him. He's coming home tonight after being gone for 10 days-I am probably going to run him to bits this week!lol And I hope I can get him to take me to Hobby Lobby or Michaels-I have Christmas cash burning a hole in my purse!lol

• Like 3

And thanks Kat ! I have to go in for lab work , then we're off to Erie as a belated Christmas shopping trip. My list of necessary mini supplies is growing , I try to stock up as I probably won't get up there again for weeks. There is an A C Moore , Michael's and Hobby Lobby within a couple of miles of each other , and he is buying so I'm going to hit all three ! Hope you can get your son to take you before there's a hole in your purse. :D

• Like 2

Morgan, I was having trouble for days in here but now it seems to be working fine.....elves???

I am so bored I did nothing today at all......sometimes you have to just chill I guess. I changed my Avatar to a new Kokopelli for the new year....that's about as creative as I got all day! :p

• Like 2

I was working on Mack the mouse until the mail went , now I'm admiring my first Erna Meyer dolls. Very unique construction . I tried my hand at making a doll from clay and the results were less than pleasing , actually quite ugly ! :D

I think I'll stick to sewing . :bear:

Today has been a very relaxin day ! My oldest son and I have been working on his model engine, and the youngest and I have been working on his horse model. I finished up The Columbian last night, other than hinging the door, which I'm going to do with ribbon.

Tomorrow, we will finish up the engine model.... And start packing up Christmas tree and decorations.

Kellee

• Like 2

Another quiet day here today, beautiful weather for it though. It's New Years eve here and I'm looking forward to a quiet night with my furbabies (and Brick the Budgie) - never thought I'd say that but it feels quite liberating not having to make plans and knowing I can stay up if I want or go to bed early with a book. Still missing my husband and son but stoked they're having a fantastic time away (only 3 more sleeps till they come home :) ).

• Like 2

Today is the last day that my daughter, who is up from south Florida, will be here. She heads home in the morning, so today was filled with a bucket list of to-dos for Mom, like hanging curtains, figuring out what that dangling USB cable under my computer desk goes to, and that sort of stuff. She has set up her computer stuff in my craft room, so there hasn't been much room for me to work. That's okay, I'd much prefer having her here -- any day! But, the rest of the week will be devoted to finishing off Fishy Frank's beach, where there really is just a very little bit left to do! Then, shingling the Garfield. Why do I dread finishing that? I've been putting it off for a year now! But after that, THEN I can open one of the new boxes!!!

• Like 2

Hi Morgan, nice to see you, too! Actually, I think it's gonna be the caretaker's cottage to go with the Garfield. That's starting out as the Buttercup, with at least one side addition from a SF a couple of years ago. I know I have at least one side and maybe two! I want to try the paperclay roof on this one, with sandstone or stone walls -- a very rustic, countrified look (appropriate for a caretaker's cottage, duh!). I already have just about all the furniture -- and flooring and wallpaper -- for this baby (which has been in the planning ever since I saw what a tiny kitchen the Garfield has).

After that, it's a toss up between the half-scale Diana (yes, indeed, Morgan, I know which you'd choose!) and the Gloucester. I've already purchased some of the furniture for the Gloucester (I was a very bad girl on ebay this week -- found some gorgeous Hansson pieces for half of what they'd normally cost), as well as three sets of French doors, and so on! I'm not sure of what I'll do with the Diana, but it'll come to me! While I like the Victorian look of all the curlecues on the outside, I don't like much of the Victoriana furniture I've see for inside, so I might just try my hand at making my own -- another first! Kelly sent me some wonderful links for 1/2-scale goodies, and I'll go through them to see what's available ;~)!

I spent the afternoon in the French Quarter with my 16-year-old goddaughter and about a bajillion people in town the New Year's celebrations and the Sugar Bowl. I was reminded why I avoid crowds like the plague. We did enjoy the street musicians and Mollie found souvenirs for nearly everyone on her shopping list. Tomorrow we're off to Oak Alley Plantation, her special request.

I like Oak Alley better when the weather is nice. The grounds are lovely, and they are recreating some of the missing out buildings, like the slave quarters, kitchen, etc. I also like Laura Plantation, which is nearby. It is a Creole plantation -- one story, very colorful as opposed to Oak Alley's towering wedding cake white -- that tells a very different story of the times. I like to take visitors to both if there's time.

I am starting to clean up the Christmas decorations around the house today except the tree. I didn't decorate the whole house so it won't take too long. I am keeping my Village up for a while longer. I hate to put it away until next year after all that work! Maybe I should start a thread about New Years activities but I know we aren't doing anything at our house. I am pretty sure we won't make it until midnight either!

I would like to wish all my GL Friends a very Happy and Healthy New Year! :yay:

• Like 2