What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thanks everybody! :hug:

Luckily, we are able to fly up there, but we will still have quite a bit of driving to do once we're there. And there is snow. So safety still is needed! I have lived in Atlanta my whole life. I am not used to this north snow stuff. :) Fortunately, I won't be driving, just walking in it...

I'm glad you're home, safe & sound.

Our #2 DS has been traveling through Georgia and down to his grandmother, working on family genealogy, and came in to spend some days with us compiling info on his way home.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning when we went out to the cars we noticed something dark next to "my" car and when getting closer we saw it was part of the door handle on the drivers side as someone had tried breaking into the car and somehow been interrupted or something else... Pretty annoyed as the car door is also scratched so will need a full repaint along with repair. Just got it out from the garage from repairs Thursday... Big sigh!

On top of that we have promises/threats of heavy wind and 10-15 inches of snow. I am soooo ready for spring!!!

Hugs

This morning when we went out to the cars we noticed something dark next to "my" car and when getting closer we saw it was part of the door handle on the drivers side as someone had tried breaking into the car and somehow been interrupted or something else... Pretty annoyed as the car door is also scratched so will need a full repaint along with repair. Just got it out from the garage from repairs Thursday... Big sigh!

On top of that we have promises/threats of heavy wind and 10-15 inches of snow. I am soooo ready for spring!!!

Hugs

That's pretty bold--right in your driveway. I hope the police catch the thief.

• Like 1

That's pretty bold--right in your driveway. I hope the police catch the thief.

I know! Might be that they felt secure in that the howling wind would cover their noise, good thing hubby dearest didn't catch a glimpse of them... He is a very laid back kind of guy in many ways but things like this really hits a sore spot with him.

Hugs

I know! Might be that they felt secure in that the howling wind would cover their noise, good thing hubby dearest didn't catch a glimpse of them... He is a very laid back kind of guy in many ways but things like this really hits a sore spot with him.

Hugs

It's probably good that the attempted thief doesn't live in Florida. We're allowed to shoot people for doing things like that. B)

I know I should be working on the house (I am tonight) but I had a chance to go out this past weekend.

On Saturday most of the clubs and bars were celebrating St. Patrick's Day, so I threw on my kilt, cranked up the bike and met up with some friends of mine I haven't seen in a while. We went to 5 or 6 clubs, but I got in for free at all of them, and since I wasn't drinking, I went the entire night without spending a penny. I lost count of all the people who took their picture with the "kilted guy". The only downside was the 40 degree ride back home.

On Sunday I rode my bike with about 100 "friends" of mine. I knew about 20 of them from a local club, the other 80 were with two other motorcycle clubs I'm not so familiar with. The road literally shook from all those motors rumbling at the same time. We even had a little fun with a sheriff's deputy. He was parked on the other side of the fence from the bar we were at. We figured he was watching for unsafe boaters or something, so I shouted, "they only sent one? I'm insulted!" One of the other local guys told him not to worry, we already called for backup to help him out. He apparently knew we were only kidding. Not sure if he knew that most of the local guys were off-duty cops and firefighters to begin with. I figured between last Friday's surgery and riding the bike, drinking was out of the question, but we did ride about 200 miles and stopped at half a dozen bars along the way. Lots of fun.

Since the weather here today was both pretty AND relatively warm DH & I jumped at the chance and dropped the 'yaks in the water at our neighborhood landing and took off up the Perdido River. We only went about five or six miles, just a couple of miles north of the US90 bridge; but it was gorgeous! Some of the trees are beginning to blossom and the turtles were out sunning themselves. The other folks out in power boats were fishing, and being old far*s like us, we had some nice chats in passing. As we were loading the boats back onto the truck the parking lot began to fill with powerboats on trailers; it seems that every Tuesday afternoon there's a bass tournament! So we got off the water just in time.

• Like 1

That sounds like fun, Holly. A lot quieter, too.

Just now putting my first aid kit (a roll of duct tape) away. You would think after all these years I would be more adept at working with an Exacto knife. Good 'ol, duct tape. the cheaper, less painful alternative to stitches since 1942.

• Like 1

Got back from Virginia yesterday. We were visiting youngest son and family. So good to see the grandkids. I wish we didn't live 7 hours away from them! Have to share this picture of the two of them. My son has this cart that they are in and it hooks to the back of his bike. The kids love it! Aiden got stuck holding Keira's teddy bear - she wouldn't get in the cart without it.

post-15347-0-23725600-1363792249_thumb.j

• Like 2

The surgeon this time used superglue on two of my external incisions.

That's what they used on my incisions when I had my gallbladder removed. I suspect it isn't off the shelf superglue, otherwise I might have tried that.

• 2 weeks later...

One word of advice - if a knife starts to fall out of the dishwasher - LET IT FALL! One of my good Cutco knives started to slip out of its holder when I opened the dishwasher so like a ninny I grabbed for it, expecting to catch the handle. Missed the handle, caught the blade :( Sliced the end of my finger and I had planned on mini-ing tonight. I bandaged it and figured I could work anyway, but things weren't going well - light wasn't in the right place - pushed the swinging lamp a bit to the right, and the clamp came off the table sending the lamp flying along with two containers of tiny stuff. One container was garbage, but one was good stuff so I swept it all up into the dustpan and picked through it carefully to separate the good from the bad. All that activity got my finger bleeding again. Finally got it stopped and rebandaged and decided to put everything away for the night! :stretcher: So how is your evening going??

Oooo CJ, I can certainly relate!I just cut myself opening one of those plastic packages that razors come in. Why do they make them virtually impossible to open without power tools?

I spent yesterday walking around stores trying to find a pair of normal nude heels because I just remembered that my Easter shoes bit the dust last year. Perfect timing! I was out from 10 am to 3 pm...not one pair! However if you are looking for some 6 inch platform stilettos with spikes and jewels added I can point you to about 80 different styles. Unbelievable. Today is time to get ready for Easter breakfast at church. I'm getting my French toast casserole done tonight plus packing up the other things we need to take. Hubby and I are going early to help set up and cook bacon and eggs; after church it's home to cook some again. My brother and his wife are coming over for dinner. Fun!

• Like 1

CJ, me, too - was working with a single-edged razor blade yesterday and being careful, but still, my middle finger (steadying the supposed "safe" edge) got a little nick. Thought that silly thing would never stop bleeding....ick!

Just having a really good cuppa coffee - ran white vinegar through my coffee maker to clean it the other day, and oh, what a difference! Lovely cuppa, waiting for sunrise amid a perfectly clear sky (oh, the STARS up here in the mountains!), listening to the BBC streaming on my computer, and planning my day. Just finishing an antique greens and golds granny afghan, ready to start another solid color one, and got a looong way to go on an oval "rag" rug - Holly's comments on same in another topic here got me thinking, well, why don't I make one of those? We'll see how it comes out....:)

• Like 1

CJ, me, too - was working with a single-edged razor blade yesterday and being careful, but still, my middle finger (steadying the supposed "safe" edge) got a little nick. Thought that silly thing would never stop bleeding....ick!

Just having a really good cuppa coffee - ran white vinegar through my coffee maker to clean it the other day, and oh, what a difference! Lovely cuppa, waiting for sunrise amid a perfectly clear sky (oh, the STARS up here in the mountains!), listening to the BBC streaming on my computer, and planning my day. Just finishing an antique greens and golds granny afghan, ready to start another solid color one, and got a looong way to go on an oval "rag" rug - Holly's comments on same in another topic here got me thinking, well, why don't I make one of those? We'll see how it comes out.... :)

Sounds like a perfect morning!!!

...... Just finishing an antique greens and golds granny afghan, ready to start another solid color one, and got a looong way to go on an oval "rag" rug - Holly's comments on same in another topic here got me thinking, well, why don't I make one of those? We'll see how it comes out....:)

I'd like to see it when you're finished! :)

CJ, sorry about your disastrous day!:(

Well, this morning's looking bright and beautiful :) I think I just might honor the weekend and mini for two days; the work will still be there on Monday. My mother's not quite strong enough to go to church yet, though she has been improving lately, so we'll both stay home tomorrow.

Sarah - I know what you mean about those packages. And that plastic is so sharp! Had to laugh at your shoe adventure - there are some crazy-looking shoes out there these days!

Mary - those razors can be dangerous also! Thanks for reminding be about cleaning my coffeepot! I've been noticing that it's time to do that, but keep forgetting to buy some more white vinegar. Guess I'd better get busy.

I know that professional pianists get an insurance policy on their hands, because if their hands are damaged they can't make a living. Maybe we need mini-hands insurance :deal:

Getting as much done as I can on the house and a few other things before Tuesday.

I did take a break to meet up with the motorcycle club I've been hanging out with. Besides making my "Prospect" status official, I found out I have only the 2nd most "determined to ride" stunt among the club members. One of the other guys accidentally shot himself in the leg with a .45 caliber pistol the day of a long ride from Florida to Kansas last year. It was a clean in-and-out shot through his calf, so after a few hours in the E.R. he met up with the guys and drove the chase truck the entire way. I'm impressed. I also suspect that's the reason he's no longer a member of the police department.

• Like 2

Haven't been in much.........I did manage to order the arched room box from Miniatures.com with the 40% coupon!!!! I have surgery scheduled on the 17th to try and repair my finger........then recovery........then minis????? I spent half my time looking around on the internet at minis wishing I could build something. I cheered myself up a couple of weeks ago I stumbled onto a printers drawer in a consignment shop and have been filling it with minis. At least I can look at them even if I can't make them right? :bear:

We had a lovely Easter :) It was a gorgeous day on Sunday, perfect for an Easter Egg Hunt in the garden. Saturday and Monday were pretty miserable again and cold, but Sunday lovely. Chris is off from teaching for the two weeks (last week and this week) and can look after Natasha, so I have to take the opportunity to work more and earn a few extra pounds. I'd much rather not especially as they're long days until 6:30! ;) Looking forward to them going back to College/Nursery so I can recover.

Kinda stalled on my Fairfield at the moment. Had to wait to get some wallpaper for the main bedroom and lost my momentum. Maybe I'll get back to it once work calms down again.

I find it interesting, used to be able to log into Greenleaf a few times a day and had plenty of time to reply to posts and questions. Now barely have time to log in once a day if I'm lucky and by the time I get to questions they're usually well answered! So still plenty of lurking and reading, but not so much posting. On a side note, the reason for my lack of time, Natasha, will be 2 years old in two weeks!

• Like 1