What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We finally got our camper back from the shop yesterday so we will be busily getting it ready to take on the road Monday for our week at the beach with the Kid (40-year-old DS#3 is the baby of the family).

• Like 2

We finally got our camper back from the shop yesterday so we will be busily getting it ready to take on the road Monday for our week at the beach with the Kid (40-year-old DS#3 is the baby of the family).

Sounds like a fun time ahead!

Finally have all those little skinny sticks laid on all three floors of the Fairfield. Endless! One day I will count the 'floor boards'. Now I just need to do the porch and balcony, but will do those with thicker popsicle sticks much later. Still need to sand everything and then decide whether I am going to stain it or just varnish it (or a mixture of the two...) Once that is decided I can decide what finish to give the stairs too. The next job I guess is all the window and door trim. Might have to decide on wood colour for that as I'm not sure my patience will cope with painting them all in a couple (at least) coats of paint. I will have to try it out and see what stain colour would suit. Could also of course stain with watered down white paint for a lighter look...

Considering this is a Christmas House which was more intended to be decorated on the outside, I'm doing a lot of detailed work inside! But I like it, so definitely not complaining. Not sure it'll be done before Christmas though ;)

BB (in my tummy) is kicking away, which feels just great! My tummy gets in the way when I need to lean over something to reach something else, there's just no give! Must see if we can find one of those litter pick up devices to reduce my need for bending over in a few months. I remember with Natasha just ending up leaving stuff on the floor until Chris got home to pick it up :p I do have Natasha to help with it this time round though.

• Like 2

I have one of those grabbers that unfolds and works like scissors that I use in the kayak to pick up littler from the creek bottom or shoreline, although if some wee water critter decides to make that empty drink can their shelter I do like my grabber for putting them back where I found them!

Is Natasha getting excited about having a new sibling? With our eldest I made a baby doll with a few clothes along with the baby clothes for his brother, so he had his own baby to play with. My mother was horrified, but he is a wonderful dad with his three kids.

• Like 3

Muriel!

Besides welcoming you to the psychosis of mini flooring, I had no idea you had another little one on the way! Congrats on the new "mini".

I haven't been working on anything mini related since I returned from Chicago. With a move just a couple of weeks away and everything else that has been going on, I just haven't had the time and all of my tools and supplies were already packed for the trip, so I left it that way.

Thanks Jeremy :)

Natasha know's there's a baby in Mummy's tummy (and occasionally thinks there is one in her or Daddy's tummy too); and when she sees a picture of a scan she know's it is 'BB'; And if we ask if she would like a brother or sister she says yes... But I don't think she actually understands what it means. She has a baby doll that she has recently learnt to carry correctly and carefully, and she regularly changes her baby's nappy, so she is getting used to the idea that baby doll might be similar to BB in Mummy's tummy I think.

BB is kicking away at the moment, so 'Hi' to everyone! :wub:

• Like 3

I have been working like crazy on a project at work and packing everything up for the move next week. I hate moving, but two weeks from now both houses will be safely locked in my new workshop. The room has French doors and enough space to get work done.

• Like 3

Hello BB :) and the best of luck with your move Jeremy. A new baby or new house.....hmmmmm.....I would take the baby if I were younger and the french doors in the workroom rock, so.......I'll take the.......I'm not gonna say but Natasha, hope you get a miniaturist, either way :) Boy or girl, who cares as long as they love miniatures.

Since we added a child to our lives so unexpectedly last year, my craft room is now a pink bedroom, so I guess that makes my choice clear :) But, my little girl is 5 and LOVES dollhouses so Daddy says we're turning the dining room into a craft room. Yea Daddy! The last few days I am organizing and trying to get it all right. Since we don't have any cats for now, it is ok. But if a certain little girl asks for a kitten that could all change.

• Like 1

my sister is graduating high school tonight. I don't think my parents are taking it well. My dad is really emotional and my mom is being kind of a royal B***h to everyone. I don't recall them being like this when i graduated but then again, this is their baby. I lived at home for college and she is going to school 7 hours away...

wow maybe i understand... i feel old now. :D

• Like 1

We went to see Tim Hawkins last night. Oh my, he is so funny! My parents and my best friend and her husband went, along with my boys. We had such a good time, it was nice to go out. It was at the church where my boys' school is, so as a bonus it was super close (4 miles) to our house so we didn't have to venture out far and late.

Work has been busy and tiring the last 3 weeks. summer is our busiest time, when the teachers and students are out of school. We've been working on a big project, and I've been involved right in the middle every day. But we are 2/3 done, and looks like it could be completed 8 days ahead of schedule, which would be awesome, because there's still a lot I want to get done before school starts.

Tracy, I'm jealous! Love Tim Hawkins...his song parodies have me rolling!

Another blah day. All my projects seem to have decided to stop talking completely. We are also working on a RL project; hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

We went to see Tim Hawkins last night. Oh my, he is so funny! We've been working on a big project, and I've been involved right in the middle every day.

Tracy, I'm jealous! Love Tim Hawkins...his song parodies have me rolling!

We are also working on a RL project; hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

I had never heard of Tim Hawkins before.

I just watched some video clips from his website - sort of samples from concerts/DVD's, etc.

Quite funny - good old country style humor and I'm just an old country farm girl so I "get" it.

Some may not take the jokes quite the same way though depending on your background.

I sent some links over to my sister. She'll get a good laugh from them too.

Don't 'ya just hate it when RL interrupts your creative arts and miniature projects. We are "trying" to paint our old farmhouse style house this summer. Ugh !!! It's peeling and gross looking and huge. Will take all summer I'm sure and we may not make it all the way around. My oldest grandson is learning how to scrape and sand and prime right now out on the back barn area before we let him onto the house proper.

Yes, I have seen Tim Hawkins too and I think he's really funny.

Oh Selkie, you are so right. Real Life is really annoying! The weeds in my yard are actually calling to me to come and get them, the washing pile is almost to the ceiling, there are no clean dishes, the dust bunnies have multiplied and are now waging war with the spider webs. I have decided that housework is pointless as every time I do it, it just needs to be done again! I just want to build and play with my houses!

• Like 2

Oh Selkie, you are so right. Real Life is really annoying!, the washing pile is almost to the ceiling ...

Hahahaha

Not 10 minutes ago I told the kids we are having a "clothes folding party" this afternoon !!!

They all groaned and did the roll eye thing.

But I'm determined to get it done. They are all clean, just not folded and in the right persons room.

We have a super busy week this week and I don't want to

play the "I'm out of underwear, I don't have any socks, Where is my gym shirt?, etc." game.

One of the reasons that DH & I can never live in Atlanta is that he was born there.

That's a very enigmatic statement, Holly. :detective: What did he do during his Terrible Twos????

So we are officially staeting pur four weeks of vacation this Sunday ;) evning and loving every minute of it! We'll probably spend most of the time with dealing with the RL size house but in between I'll be happy fiddling with the SF as well :wub: as I am awaiting some cricial pieces through the mail...

Hugs

We tend to either have piles of dirty or piles of clean clothes, but they don't often get as far as the cupboard! Chris did a good job folding and putting away on Saturday, while I took Natasha for a looong walk. I'm determined that by the end of my 2 week vacation the house will be spring/summer cleaned and the Fairfield will be built (excluding external trim, window frames and roof). Natasha will be at nursery for 4 of those days, so there is some hope of success! ;)

Enjoy Anna!

We are almost done our clothes folding party.

I'm waiting for the sock folding (little) man to finish up his job - he's getting tired and grumpy and doesn't want to finish it up:(

Then there is one more load in the dryer. Oh, oh, oh I hear the buzzer now. Gotta go.

Selkie and Sam,I am so glad to read how others feel about housework.At a family gathering last week I let it slip that I had to wash a sinkful of dishes when I got home,and I thought that my SIL would have a heart attack! ''You left dirty dishes sitting in your sink?!'' ''I left them in soapy water." "Why didn't you at least stack them in the dishwasher??" "I don't have a dishwasher." "Oh..." Geez,why would putting dry dirty dishes in the washer be better than soaking them in hot soapy water,which makes them easier to clean? Her reasoning,as it was with my mom and sister,was to 'hide' them.Hide them from who?No one was going to be at my place while I was out!Well,to each their own! Years ago I had a serious car accident that hospitalized me for a week.I hadn't cleaned house that day,or had a fresh shower before leaving the house,and my period started in the middle of being poked and prodded to be sure I wasn't going to be paralyzed

Kat, I've been hauled off to the hospital by 911 a few times - once with a heart attack and a few times with terrible fevers - and a few times was unbathed and felt filthy, the house a disaster, and I too have had a period start during being poked and prodded in an ER (think there's a pattern there LOL?), and yeah, it really does put what's REALLY important into perspective. A little grubbiness just ain't that important when it's life and death.....:)

• Like 1

Meant to finish my previous note by saying that that serious accident taught me what is important in life-at least to me!

Isn't it interesting what we learn when we are faced with life and death or serious loss of some nature.

We lost everything in a fire a long time ago and that changed us tremendously.

We realized what we "didn't" need.

We learned that family and friends were absolutely everything one needs in life.

• Like 2

I was in a bad accident 12 years ago. I was freshly showered, my apartment was clean, my underwear matched.........when I got to where I could understand the enormity of what happened the last time I'd had a shower and whether I left the house clean or not meant nothing. Since the accident people don't usually understand why I am so different. And me? I understand more than ever. One thing is that dollhouses have helped me more than counselors. When you have a reason to feel sad, you have a reason. You can't rationalize it away. But an escape into miniland, now you're talkin!

• Like 1

To Mary,Selkie,Morgan-This is another reason I love this forum,the kinship!Thanx,Greenleaf,for providing us an even bigger,broader service than you could possibly imagine!

• Like 1