What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Went to Home depot and got the "tinytrim" molding. Very excited to use it. Will let you know how it turns out. Also, have been taking pictures of my minis to document for my family. One more house to shoot.(Of course, they aren't all finished, but gives me a push)

Gail :bear:

Thanks for all the kind words :) Granny lived in South Bend IN. I still have an uncle and aunt there, another aunt in Chicago, as well as an aunt and uncle in San Diego, another pair in Seatle and a third pair in Annapolis. As well as various cousins around the country! It'll be good to see them all again - saw most of them for our wedding/during our honeymoon :)

Yay, finally some good weather! In fact it was a very nice day :) In between spray painting the outside of the Fairfield I did some gardening. We have a pond in the garden that had flower border around half of it, but it was getting very overgrown and spreading. Decided to cut the size in half so that for at least a quarter the pond we can actually stand beside it, but for a quarter the geraniums continue to grow wildly and support all those snails. The rest of the pond has other overgrown bushes near it :p So spent hours digging out endless geranium roots along with bulbs (can't remember what the flower is called, but bulbs that multiply too!) and got some bargain priced grass seeds to sow after I rake out some more roots tomorrow.

I really need Ground Force to come and do over my garden.

Excited that the Fairfield outside is finally done, can get on with wallpapering and building again. Not particularly looking forward to all the sanding and painting of the gingerbread, but also looking forward to getting it done - hopefully it'll be pretty ;)

All bulbs multiply; even with my notoriously brown thumb I can get bulb flowers to grow!

Our new doctor finally decided to order a mammogram for me, so after THAT early this AM DH took me out for breakfast and then a stop at Big Lots (no minis but lots of DVDs) we wound up in the oldest part of Pensacola and since the docents were out in force today we went on The Tour! The young man leading it in his late-16th century clothes is a history major at UWF. Afterwards we used our ticket stubs to tour the two museums we'd also wanted to visit. LOTS of inspiration for minis!

There was a restaurant across the street from the park that looked so much like the little neighborhood place KathieB and her hubby took us to for breakfast one AM that we have been wanting to go try it out; so we went there for lunch and it was excellent, although nothing like the one in NOLA !

MAJOR disappointment! Ernie's Attic is closed for remodeling! The lovely lady at the front desk offered to get us a catalog and let us order stuff while sitting in the lobby. Ugh. So we went to the dollhouse shop, where I oohed and aahed over the shelves of artisan crafted stuff she'd brought back from a recent show. I bought a few things, mostly for the Beacon Hill. Photos when we get home.

Too, too bad about Ernie's Attic, but I bet you made up for it at the shop, and I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Since we moved here one of our discoveries is that we live quite close to the Escambia County Equestrian Center, and one of the new entertainments we have found is the dog agility trials held there; so after breakfast we're taking poncho liners to bundle up and watch the puppies strut their stuff!

• Like 1

MAJOR disappointment! Ernie's Attic is closed for remodeling! The lovely lady at the front desk offered to get us a catalog and let us order stuff while sitting in the lobby. Ugh. So we went to the dollhouse shop, where I oohed and aahed over the shelves of artisan crafted stuff she'd brought back from a recent show. I bought a few things, mostly for the Beacon Hill. Photos when we get home.

Sorry, Kathie. Disappointing when you are in an area that you probably won't get back to anytime soon and then to have Ernie's place closed. Looking forward to your pictures.

We are getting more snow this morning and then they are predicting more for tonight. Fortunately it will only be a couple of inches all together on top of the couple of feet we got last week! Just going to work on some mini stuff and be totally lazy today!

Sorry, photos of mini purchases on temporary hold while we scurry around getting ready for house guest. Need to vacuum, grocery shop, pick up dog at boarding, etc., before heading to airport pickup at noon. While I was in Atlanta, went to a quilt shop with my sister and bought fabric for a table runner for the table here. House guest NJ is a fabulous quilter as well as a miniaturist, so I'm hoping to get her help in designing and cutting out the fabric. Nay, I shall insist on her help ... lol. She has visited the past two years, so we've done most of the touristy thing. She has been busier than the devil the past several weeks, so I'm hoping she'll be open to some quiet at home time.

• Like 2

Hope you have a great time Kathie!

Thanks, Morgan. I'm sure we will. She grew up in mid-Missouri and I near Chicago and met only 7 years ago, but our mothers used the same recipes from the Chicago Tribune -- lime Jello mold with pears, for example, and any number of casseroles popular in the 1950s and 60s. We feel as if we're sisters separated at birth. :D Our biggest difference is that she's an obsessive tidy and I'm relatively content if the health department hasn't posted the premises, but we get along famously.

Muriel, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :(

Kathie, so glad you got to visit with Bev at Miniature Designs! I love it there. Hope you have a great visit with NJ this week.

I have been reading websites and watching videos preparing for my interview tomorrow. Eek! My brain is about to explode with all this info. I need to stop soon and just be happy with what I've done. There is no way I am sleeping tonight... I have to fill in for someone tomorrow morning at 7am, so then I will just have to walk across the hall at 8:30 straight from working to the interview, so no time to think and prepare. Then right after I have to go fill in for my co-worker who has the next interview... Busy morning!

Thinking of you Tracy! Maybe the busy-ness was a good distraction for you.

Day home with Natasha today. She's being a great little girl entertaining herself while I do some virtual paperwork (and now briefly visit the forum). I think we might go out for early lunch - there's a grocery store that has a clothes section which is 25% off today, and they have a cafe too.

Then this evening I am determined to do some more Fairfield. I did some inside wallpapering a few days ago, but haven't had time to continue since then. Trying to decide what to do with the master bedroom. Got all the other room's walls sorted! You can just about see the red of it on top of the blue Dollhouse in the background.

post-2387-0-77736200-1361530610_thumb.jp

After a few quiet days we have hit a busy streak; yesterday we got the truck's oil changed, bought groceries and went to our hiking club meeting, which had changed venues for this month and was at the Pensacola State College Library; so afterwards we went over to the art gallery to check out an exhibit of Karen Glaser's underwater photographs: http://www.google.com/search?q=karen+glaser,+the+mark+of+water,+florida%E2%80%99s+springs+and+swamps&hl=en&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS290US291&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GGYnUZ_YBYes8QSR1oCoAQ&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1264&bih=677

Today after breakfast we're taking me to the surgeon my doctor referred me to to let him locate and then set an appointment to remove some lumps and a lesion and biopsy them (growing old definitely has some not-fun aspects!) and then we're headed across the bay to Pace, FL, where the library is having a book sale; and after that come home to switch vehicles so DH can go to the RV dealer and get ours out of the $hop.

Tomorrow we're passing up a hike to attend a Philippine food festival at the Fairgrounds and then tomorrow night is a Dixieland Jazz night at Seville Square in downtown P'cola that's an annual fundraiser for the free (and this year) week-long Jazz Fest the first week in April.

Took the kids to their first Scottish Festival yesterday. They loved the bagpipes, but lost their patience pretty quickly after that.

I was going to work on the houses today, but my kidney stones finally decided to cause trouble this morning. I'm hoping the discomfort eases up before I end up in the E.R., but the doc said they were too large to pass when they were found over 4 years ago. I doubt they've gotten any smaller since then.

Took the kids to their first Scottish Festival yesterday. They loved the bagpipes, but lost their patience pretty quickly after that.

I was going to work on the houses today, but my kidney stones finally decided to cause trouble this morning. I'm hoping the discomfort eases up before I end up in the E.R., but the doc said they were too large to pass when they were found over 4 years ago. I doubt they've gotten any smaller since then.

Wishing you the best on that one Jeremy. We've had a lot of experience in that department. Will be glad to hear when you are better.

Lithotripsy?

The last time I saw my urologist (over 2 years ago) he said they were "too big to pass, but not large enough for lithotripsy" (I thought one ruled out the other) but my aneurysm is right next to the kidney that's bothering me, so blasting the area with ultrasonic shock waves might not be an option either. It does have a calcium shell that survived 4 hours of blasting when they first mistook it for a kidney stone in '95, but they might not want to risk it again.

The discomfort has eased up a bit, but it looks like I'm flushing Merlot, so the little buggers might be causing more trouble than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I am here! My mind is just all over the place so do not mind me all that much. I was finally able to pin down a day for my procedures which with be March 15th. I want to get it over with and find out what is plaguing me, It has been nippy around here and I have been layering up because I am cold. I am wish for some spring warmth so I can go outside and clean the yard for the new growing season.
I have the plans and the money to have the raised beds built this year. I have to find a handyman. We may have one that will do some work around the house outside and do the beds too.

Chelsea left today for a week in California for a conference for work. Two days in San Fran and the rest of the time in Oakland. I am taking the opportunity to steam clean her carpet in her room and the cats are enjoying the naps on her bed. If they cannot have her in person, that is the next best thing.

My step-dad's father passed away this weekend. :( So tomorrow I am heading up to PA for 3 days.

My husband and boys are starting to get worried/stressed/sad. This is going to be a long trip... Now time to go pack.

So sorry for you loss. Take care of yourselves