What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Sorry Holly and Mary about the arroz caldo
Don't apologize to THIS holly, I made it and it was WONDERFUL! I cut 'way back on the quantities to make it for two; OMG, girl, total YUM!!! We hit the Indian grocery in Tallahassee so I generally had most everything. I added a few veggies to it (because I could) and made it more like a pilau than soup. It goes right up there with pulau for one-dish things we LOVE. Next time I'm going to try the lemon & hard-cooked egg.

Don't apologize to THIS holly, I made it and it was WONDERFUL! I cut 'way back on the quantities to make it for two; OMG, girl, total YUM!!! We hit the Indian grocery in Tallahassee so I generally had most everything. I added a few veggies to it (because I could) and made it more like a pilau than soup. It goes right up there with pulau for one-dish things we LOVE. Next time I'm going to try the lemon & hard-cooked egg.

Hi Holly -- when I started reading this my brain was going "omg, she tried it out -- I hope she didn't hate it!!"

Am glad it worked out -- I personally like it more thick as well, but BF and family get majority when they ask me to make it for gatherings. Thinning it makes you want to have seconds -- but having the stuff in a thick consistency makes for one satisfying bowl. :giggle:

DH & I love spicy food and especially Asian cuisines, so this was right up there!

I've been mini-ing. We also went to the grocery store, since we have a road trip later this week with a paddle over MLK weekend; I just hope the rivers, etc, aren't in flood!

Went to the substitute teacher orientation this morning, DS2 came by on his way to take granddaughter 2 to the allergist. Got in a little mini time before DH came home and we went after groceries. now I'm off to make a template of my living room floor!

Paying bills and starting to gather tax info. There's a heap of medical mileage to tally up, among other things.

Ach, need to get started on getting my tax stuff in order too. Saved a ton of receipts due to work related and medical expenses -- hoping they'll add up to a good sized deduction.

I have my SS tax stuff but that is it so far. Still waiting for everything else to come in.

I am going to order Fred`s b-day cake today. I could make it but he wants me to get him one like he got me. I will also bake a mini vegan cake so Chelsea can have some also.

Natalie has an appointment today so I have that planned at lunchtime. Other then that..I will probably just putter around.

We had a lovely day running errands. Sports Authority was a bit of a bust for the longjohns (Pepper Skins; lightweight and WARM!), only one shirt in my size and NOTHING in DH's size; BUT they had a huge number of clearance items AND a BOGO, and I got two hoodies to wear paddling. The thrift stores, however, were GREAT! I found a 1:12 pantry! and an Iranian ethnic doll, a Persian cookbook, and DH found some shirts that had never even been worn! Everything's in the wash waiting for me to get off the 'puter and start up the machine.

I ache all over! It's been about 4 years since I was in an elementary class and I had forgotten how tiring it is. Just the bending over those short little tables will wear you out, not to mention the constant movement around the room. About 3pm, I sat down in a 1st grader size chair to visit with some other teachers and didn't think I was going to get back up! No minis tonite, just a comfy chair, a glass of wine, and maybe a heating pad to ready me for another day of rugrats!

busy week at the library, so far!

Making oven fried chicken tonight, though supper will be late since Jim is at a stamp club meeting. Started a new vampire book tonight (second in the 'Sookie Stackhouse' series), knitting on a hat for one of the guys (whoever owns the head it will fit, once it comes off the needles). Trying to finish watering all the houseplants. This is a big task, and oldest son and I have been working on it several days.

Trying to finish watering all the houseplants. This is a big task, and oldest son and I have been working on it several days.

Wish I had lots of plants. Granny had a bay window with many plants in, with a lake washed glass on the floor around the pots. I want one of these in my house when I get it! In the meantime I have about 10 palm and rubber trees dotted around the flat (and they drive Chris crazy as a couple of them can get in his way and he can't be bothered to move them :) )

Well it snowed overnight, but definitely not enough to affect me getting to work. So a busy day today! The pharmacies I worked in last week were busier than they were just before Christmas. Very unusual. This is normally the quiet time! But all those who had to get weeks in because we were closed for an extra day at christmas seem to be stocking up again in case it snows. I do kinda understand it, but 1. it is such an unusual event for it to snow, so doubt it'll happen again soon 2. it makes roads impassible for maybe a day at most in town, and 3. most people live pretty close and within walking distance to a pharmacy in town. Those in the countryside where the roads aren't gritted/cleared can by all means come and get their extra supply, but wish the rest wouldn't! I guess it means it must get quieter some other time soon hopefully. :)

Too much to do this week.! I dont think I will ever get time to work on my houses.!! or my real life house .!

I just found out yesterday that a bill we paid off last year was not paid.! I dont know.!! They recd the checks and sent them back to the original creditor BUT they cashed every check.!!! I am so frustrated by this.

My yongest son is having a horrible time in school. We believe he has dislexia. and it is making school extremely hard for him.! I am trying to put some $$ back to buy him a game called apples to apples kids or junior. He seems to like the game and it is a vocab builder.!!

and my mom is a whole nother issue.! I just cant take much more.!

kellee

Another day of 1st grade ahead. I do it again tomorrow and hope maybe I'll have Friday off! I didn't do a thing last night but sit. Then Abby woke me up at 3am wanting to play. This girl has got to get on a regular schedule or start sleeping in another room!

Yes..I agree! Hang in there Kelly!

If you can get Apples to Apples, do so. We have it and it is a fun family game. We end up laughing our butts off over it! Natalie is having trouble in school also (what else is new) but at least she is getting some help this time. As for the bill, I hope it gets straightened out for you.

Today is my payday. I have some errands to run but I also have to be very careful. I have an electric bill to pay for, save for the next oil fill, buy Fred a b-day present, and he wants a rental car to go to the b-day party for his mother this Saturday.

I am not going and both girls told me they are not going. Fred`s Mom understands that I just cant be sitting around for hours at a time. So I will visit another time.

Even though we put money in for this party..do you think Fred has to bring a present??

Even though we put money in for this party..do you think Fred has to bring a present??

Yes, even a modest one. If he doesn't, from what you've shared about his family, he'll never hear the end of it.

What Kathie said. Hang in there, Kelly, my DM drove me crazy while she was alive, too.

Prepping for the trip tomorrow. We/ve managed to bring almost everything in from the camper, so it all has to go back out again.

Heidii, you know how famlies are. They won't remember that money was contrbuted to the party, but that a gift wasn't given. My sister drives my Mother to do her errands, every Saturday. yet when my sistr failed to give her a birthday gift, that is what my Mother remembered. So a give a gift. Keep it within your budget.

Kellee, hang in there. Problems have a way of wroking out eventually.

Ugh. Now i have to come up with money for a gift. The rental car is going to cost $90..cannot rent it only for Saturday because they are closed on Sunday. I would not know the first thing to get her.