What are you working on today?

ilovecats

Take some time to get your energy back - then you will be ready for mini-ing again.

I have a bunch of ideas in my head and not enough time, energy, or pieces to do them all, so I also end up writing them down. Eventually, things start to come together and it means that I will hopefully make less changes in the real stuff.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some more paperclay stones on my glencroft-bash. Seems that I can only do a section at a time, but I am making progress. DH also likes how it is turning out, even though I am not very good at it. Pictures will come when it is all done, both before and after painting (I think).

I'm currently working on the Orchid. It's going together like a dream! Have the shell built, upstairs "bedroom" wallpapered (including the large and one small dormer), primed the rest of the interior and stained the bottom floor. I'm sad because now I'm in mini-ing mood and I'm going to my parents for 3 days to do some things down by them and won't be able to mini until the weekend.

I hope the house can wait!

Christine

The sliding track for my Tudor house's secret room. If it works, one of the brick wall panels in the basement will slide sideways to reveal the secret wine cellar. Tomorrow I'll work on assembling the basement walls and the base trim that will cover the basement up to the front lawn.

I've started my White Orchid, still waiting on the methyl ethyl ketone to do its job...

We ran errands this AM, Lowe's & the grocery store. DH & I spotted a gorgeous little bandsaw at Lowe's & I reminded him that Mother's Day is only a few months off...

I painted the walls and floor of a roombox. I was going to do more, but we had to put together an order for more Reutter stuff. I told DH I was tired of dickering around and wanted to order a whole lotta stuff all at once. You see, I got the new catalog yesterday with my last shipment. I was surprised to see a sidetable in dark walnut...cool.

I digress, back to the roombox. I love those antique German kitchens. At first I was going to make cabinets, etc from scratch, but then decided that the white kitchen set I sell already would look great with a few alterations. I can't alter the set yet, though, cause I only have one in stock and Aztec only has one left in their stock (so I ordered it). Frankly, if I made the cabinets from scratch I might be lucky to have it finished by Christmas and I have too many things I'm aching to make as it is.

Just joined the forum about 26min ago. I have been checking it all out!!!!! This is awesome!!!! I plan posting my pics later. I have been working on my first house a Cherrydale. All is coming together wonderfully. I have had alot of help from my husband who has built remote controlled airplanes.

I am at the point where i can start putting on my roof. But the wood was warped so we did the, wet it and place under something heavy. We will have to see if it straightens out.

Hi. I hope your roof straightens out. I went to buy some plywood to have handy the next time I built something. I found only one straight panel in the whole bunch. I've got it sitting on an old kitchen counter in my basement with cases of soda pop on it to keep it weighed down and flat.

Self promoting here....ahem....be sure to check my link. In addition to my store you can find a link to my webpages, links to interesting project pages, links to gorgeous museum quality dollhouses, and links to all sorts of stuff.

I started my White Orchid yesterday and then Martha jolted me to remember I'd better start taking pictures of the build (so far just the floors are in)! I'm finishing up the bedspread I had to do over for her because I can't find the first one I made her, it probably ended up in one of the boxes I sent off before the road trip last week!lol

Hi, Kasey, don't forget to pop in over at the Newcomers' Forum to introduce yourself. When you've made five posts you can open an album to post pictures in the Gallery.

Holly....A band saw for Mother's Day !! Have times changed ! :welcome:

So, I have been doing early spring house cleaning to make room for more projects. I have started on a new project. It is big & has a lot of different angles to work with. I won't post pics until I see if it is worth the time I will need to put in it.

I offered one of my houses to the Children's Miracle Network for their auction. They were absolutely thrilled to get it. They said that they are having problems getting donations this year. This is the same house that I offered to another service group, but they didn't want anything like that !!

Well, I better get moving. Have a nice day, All.

Steve in PA

I'm playing with the White Orchid again, the solvent I'm using is extremely s l o w-acting, so in between I'm finishing up some needlework projects and working on others. Now that I'm actually into the build the kit has decided it likes my plans for it and we are both purring with delighted anticipation of seeing it done. It's going to be a Santa house, with a "different" spin on Santa (being as how it's the story the kit's been pitching at me for over two years!).

I'm working on another skinny stick floor-only one more to go after this. It's hard to get much done on it with the kids in the kitchen all the time, since I'm spread out all over the bar! But I'm determined to get these floors in and then do baseboards on everything at once. It's even painted and ready to go!

What makes the White Orchid white? Is it just very light wood finish, or is it all painted white already... or what? :welcome: And what are you doing/dissolving with the solvents Holly?

I'm working partly on my Willow and partly on a new project, a conservatory and patio area for Mummy's birthday. Lets hope she doesn't read this forum secretly :wave:

Muriel, Corwin got it. It was, I think, an experiment with a soft plastic. I'm using a plastic solvent that melts & bonds the plastic, like the model "cement" does the polystyrene kits (like Chrysnbon). A couple of years ago we had several members build this kit. It took a while for the kit to tell me what it wanted (probably because it was plastic, I hear wood loud & clear, if it's speaking to me), and for the past year I made its dolls and collected papers, etc.

Thanks Holly and Corwin! I have looked at the different white ones that are in the link, but didn't know what made them white. I assumed you didn't all paint the bits white, but thought maybe it was spraypainted in the factory or something (but wasn't convinced by that idea either). Well basically was just confused about it! Plastic didn't occur to me, but makes perfect sense now!

Hung some net curtains in the willow and painted the egg carton bricks for the conservatory. I did the bottom two colour layers and Chris finished them off (he paints models quite a lot and painting could be his contribution to the present!) Then stuck the bricks on, and am now finishing off the floor. I'm making it now because i have no patience for making lots of little bright coloured flowers to put in the conservatory and garden area. Hopefully by end of june I will have managed to do some, and if not, saved enough to buy some more :(

Well, I see what Andrew meant about the MEK not being wonderful with the WO material; it held, but weakly. When it came apart it left some residue, but the bond is very weak. I have capitulated to the stronger stuff and so far, so good.

I finished the repeat bedspread, now I'm finishing up a goodie for Margaret.

I haven't gotten much done. A strip of stick flooring about 14x4 inches so far, and the door between the living room and kitchen faced. That takes so little time and looks sooo much better than leaving the side of the door opening just raw wood. Some of the kitchen molding is done, and the ceiling in the nursery papered. Both kids are sick, so it's been a pretty miserable day around here. Poor babies, I feel so bad for them. But my head sure does hurt!

• 2 months later...

I have updated my albums: "Dolls", "Dressing the Pub" and "Dressing Maggie" with the pictures KathieB took while she & her DH were here. If you read my descriptions, you'll see that drama continues to unfold amongst my little folks!

drama continues to unfold amongst my little folks!

You're on the road waaaaaaay too often. Left to their own devices, the little people are organizing their own little Peyton Place! :jawdrop:

Holly, you need to separate those folks when you leave-you'll come home one day and find they've pulled each others' hair out or something!

I got my 1/2 scale sofa upholstered last night. Not great, but not too bad. I'll try to do the chairs tonite.