What are you working on today?

ilovecats

I've just started to build the Willow. Wish me luck!

Dfinitley, and please do share the eye candy with us!!!!

As for me, I am in the build process of the LE Arthur... He is sooooo nice to work with :wave:

Hugs

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After nearly a month of on and off again work on my Tudor Water Mill the electrical stuff now works. I got so frustrated and put it off to the side and ignored it. I know the wiring was right. Finally broke down and asked a neighbor who is a retired electrician to check it out. The funny thing was it was working intermittently and often only partially would lights work. He brought out some pretty heavy duty testing equipment and shook his head. It was all done correctly. Then he asked. Did you check the transformer? Well Duh! It was a brand new one, but he checked it and it was working only intermittenly and the current was uneven. I switched to another old one and now I have lights!!!!! Aurggggg!@#$W&*. The lights and fireplaces are flickering just like they should. I now feel so stupid. One of the first things I should have checked was that darn transformer.

I am in a huge rut with Miniing.. I just cannot get into the mood.! I keep looking at the stuff and want to sit down with it so badly but just dont have the umph! :wave:

I guess I am a little worried about the new job tomorrow. I just feel so worn out and I have done nothing and I think that is why.! If I could motivate myself to do something I would feel better I am sure...

Kellee

Kelly, good luck on the new job! Maybe doing something small(no pun intended) would take your mind off of things.

I am laying floors in my bookshop/teashop today. It is an excuse NOT to go out in the wind today. They are saying that in some areas it is going to be blowing 50MPH today. I just went out in the back yard to feed the birds on a break from mini-ing and found that it had blown the clock off of the back wall! That was on the porch in a covered area!

Anyway back to floors.

finished the walnut floors downstairs in the Lincoln house, now need to wallpaper the dining room and library and prime the ceilings. The stairway is painted and treads stained/finished. Today's mail brought the working grandfather clock I'd won on ebay, so I can plan where that will go. Still trying to decide if the upstairs bedroom doors will be toward the front of the house or the rear (lower level doors had to open away from the front). I think the up will be open in the front because it leaves a better area in that hall for a desk and settee. It also lets in some additional light.

I just finished the container for my ice cream parlor. This is a project I'm doing with my yahoo group. I found the directions online, but am adding my own spin to it.

DSC07179.jpg

I have a day off because I have a torn ligament in my finger and had to go for an xray - its amazing what you can you with two fingers strapped together :wave:

So far I have stuccoed my house exterior, finished making a balcony to go on the front of the house and measured up the front so that a friend can cut out the new doors and windows. Oh and I also spray painted all of the doors and windows.

Hooray for sick days .... I need a break now my hand is killing me :clap:

Dawn

This week I got the workroom re-arranged, got alot of the trim on, dry fit most of the windows, had my brother over to discuss the siding, (his fault he does it in real life and volunteered, lol), and it actually is starting to look like a house. I think that I am going to strip the factory shingles off and go with "3 tab" asphalt shingles in a grey though...

S4025043.jpg

OMG! John, it's looking AWESOME! Why not hit the fishscale shingles with some "bug juice" to turn 'em silvery-gray; if you don't like the look you can always hit 'em with a gray paint wash. You can simulate the asphalt shingles with 60-80 grit sandpaper (I'd glue it to black construction paper for a tad more scale thickness) and "tune" the color with chalk & charcoal, then seal it.

I let the workroom go far too far this last time, and found a whole lot of irresistable "stuff" along the way, so getting it all straightened out is an ongoing process! Then I still have the 1:24 stitchery projects for la casita.

• 1 month later...

Well, not what I'm working on today, but I finally got some pictures developed and burned onto a CD, so I'm loading them into my albums; new haciendita pictures with the furniture I've made for it and the bedspread.

• 1 month later...

I noticed there was a comment already, so I went back and realized I had completely forgotten to add the iron gate how-to in the description, so I added it as a comment, for anyone who might be interested. Even though it's 1:24 scale, you can easily adapt the technique to any scale you wish.

Lets see...... Today I made a 16 piece flatware set out of fimo, and I painted them silver. They can use one more coat. I also

made two wooden spoons and tongs as well as a vase to house them, then I made 3 vases for decoration.

This morning I made two pictures to hang in my kitchen. I am supposed to be working on my living room, but I can't seem to get the heck out my kitchen. LOL

Yesterday I made a set of curtians for the living room along with fimo fineals, and I stained a chair.

Working with clay sure does dry out my fingers, so I gave myself a manicure.

Today I want to finish gluing leaves together, cutting them out & and gluing them to stems and clear my desk; and start building the Travel Trailer that has been taking up my workbench room.

I started knitting the baby caftan yesterday; the yarn is kinky (I found a huge bag with lots of skeins in a variegated plum color at one of the thrift shops for nearly nothing) and it's incredibly soft, fluffy stuff to work with.

We got another call last night from the emergency preparedness folks and we're forecasted to get 8" of rain today. I'm SO glad we live atop a small hill in a house on pilings, an hour's drive from the coast. This'll be a good day to curl up with projects and eat comfort food!

I finally finished up the clock I made 3 weeks ago. :blink: I am putting the pics in my HOM kits album. I also took pics of my dower chest I am working on at the moment.

The last two days I have peeled and sliced so many peaches I never want to see or smell a peach again! :D At least for a little while.

Today I will finish getting the kids' clothes dried, folded and put away for Monday (YAY finally they are starting school!) Other than that, I might stain a bed or if I have enough energy with this heat, I will bring the Newburg outside and work at the picnic table.

After my flooded basement and having to muck out my workroom and grandson's room, I continued mucking upstairs, I did my granddaughter's room on Wednesday see they started school on Tuesday and i needed her gone, then yesterday I cleaned out a cabinet in the back bathroom*I could not believe what I found, college apps from my daughter who graduated in 2000* Yep pack rat for sure!

Anyway after the cabinet deal I went straight into my office area and started mucking it out.

I had bought new office furniture a year or so ago, I now have a new smaller desk and will finish it up hopefully today. The furniture we had in here was actual commercial type furniture for larger offices....I had forgotten how large this space actually was until I got it out of here yesterday! Today I continue throwing things out and reducing my bulk.....

As usual I check out the yard sales in the online paper. Well I spotted one for today and the words *Dollhouse Miniatures* slapped me in the face!

So I went to the bank and rushed over to the yard sale. I paid $8 for the whole lot of stuff I grabbed.

This pic is of quilts, mattress, rugs, and 2 bookshelves!

This pic has all sorts of things..as you can see. I am so happy to have found the butcher block and the two shaker boxes.

Her husband had built dollhouses. From what I gathered he had passed away. She is working on one of the houses now because the wallpaper is not right anymore. I gave her our address and told her to come on in.

I am happy this morning! Love the quilts!

• 3 months later...