Obsession in an obsession

Hallowell

LOL,

Yes, there are addictions within addictions!

I have a thing for desks too and learned items but, mostly magical items like potions, books, wands, and things.

I also have a pillow addiction...I mean, one cant have too many pillows!

I have also noticed that I have a severe addiction to rugs!

I cant get enough rugs!

That's all I can think of at the moment...dinner is almost done.. :)

It would have to be wallpaper for me! I bet you I have 25 (maybe more) different patterns!! And I am only building my second dollhouse! I have such a hard time deciding which to use :) I'm really into the different styles of bathroom sets, I have 7 so far. And stoves, I have 6 of those. It could be that these are not addictions at all, but that I just can't make up my mind!! ;)

Yep, I've got obsessions stored in my obsessions!

First it started out with miniature dollhouse childrens' toys, then bears and stuffies, 1-2" dolls for the dollhouse dolls, dollhouses for the dollhouse, pull toys, lambs, books, stoves (I love the different styles - and I'm not even particular fond of cooking LOL), artwork, rugs, plants and flowers, wicker furniture.....I think I'd better stop here.

This is a fun thread .... maybe somebody will come up with something else for me to obsess about!! Oh yeah, miniature animals: cats, dogs, birds and some farm animals.

-Susanne

I collect real and mini bird cages (I watch the 'Birds' and say I have that cage - and that one - and....)

I love to decorate real and miniature bedrooms.

I collect real and mini clocks.

I have dollhouses for my house and dollhouses for my dollhouses.

I collect real and mini dishes.

There are others, but you get the idea.

Actually I had most of the minis first, I got the dollhouses so I could display them.

I like to acquire beds, already prettily dressed and accessorized with matching pillows, shams and decorative throw pillows. I also have a fascination with children's books, the ones that you can actually read or see the pictures. I have one called 'Fuzzy Animals' and all the pictures of animals are fuzzy!

I didn't realize it until I went through my collection of furniture/accessories this morning to sort out what goes in each room, but I have about 15-20 different miniature china cats or kittens. I only like the porcelain ones, not the resin ones, but holy cow! I guess I need more dhs to accommodate all of the cats :)

Melissa

Mine is miniature furniture. Whether I need it to furnish a house or not. I sit different pieces all over the top of my desk hutch and rearrange them from time to time. Whenever I get new pieces, I put those up there and take some others down. Odd, but true. :)

Oh i have a big box of those too, and chairs so many chairs, dinning chairs, padded chairs, side chairs, etc. Sorry i forgot those,

I didn't realize it until I went through my collection of furniture/accessories this morning to sort out what goes in each room, but I have about 15-20 different miniature china cats or kittens. I only like the porcelain ones, not the resin ones, but holy cow! I guess I need more dhs to accommodate all of the cats :)

Melissa

Build a pet store!!!

Cats. Mini cats. And cats that are the size of mini persons. Now I've fallen in love with the furry cats (except for Purrsyla who is "fur", and Maggie and Brimble who are "life sized", the rest are porcelain). Unfortunately the furry cats I've found so far are WAY expensive. But I've got a list of which I want! :)

Books, Wee little books. Spent several hours yesterday making more. And have the clay tutorial telling me how to make those kinds. And I lust after the wee little books with real writing and pictures inside...

nice books

sewing items (machines, boxes, etc)

clocks

crocheted/knitted/tatted tiny afghans and doilys

dinnerware

Bodo Hennig stuff...they always put extra gimmicks in...like the treadle sewing machine that has a needle that moves

I have 5 cats that look like the demon Alexandra in different forms of mischief

OMG Yes! I collect miniature pianos and built them too. nice china pieces, especially blue and white. I have several large boxes of HOM furniture unbuilt. For no rational reason I just got 23 more from a friend who is moving. I only wanted a couple of chairs and a queen Anne Sofa, but it was all or nothing and I really want the chairs so I will be getting them all. I also collect books on miniatures, dollhouse, real house and period architecture and furniture.

I am alternately obsessed with Petite Princess and Tomy Smaller homes. At first I just wanted pieces missing from my store display. When I had them all I was going to fix it up and sell it. But then it looked pretty good so I have kept it to bad because they where selling for around $1,000 back then in pristine condition with towers and flags some sold for over 2,000 . Now I see them on eBay for $400.00 and even less.

I have at least one of every piece and every accessory except the Petite Princess lighter (I do have the ashtray) At some point MS.Barbie, who was a ill behaved chain smoking trollop, came over and borrowed my lighter, then she ran off to California with Midges boyfriend Alan right after Ken's funeral. Ken was killed serving his country in Vietnam. While back at home Alan and Barbie where smoking cigarettes without filters and spending alot of time listening to that rock and roll music and finally they just went off to California grew their hair long joined the counter culture. Hey, if you see them, tell them I am STILL waiting to get my damn lighter back!

Furniture kits and children's toys in 1:12 are tied for third, DIY books are 'way ahead in second place, but by far #1 is fabric! (and lace, and ribbons, and yarns) and expecially neckties! I promised DH that when I have built my last dollhouse all leftovers will go into the landfill!lol