Obsession in an obsession

Hallowell

I'm loving this thread, very fun to see everyones interests.

I just thought of a couple more for me.

I'm with Nutti on the miniature blown glass, just started collecting it and I'm in love. They are soooo beautiful.

Mini items made by Maine craft artists.

Acessories. accessories, accessories!! I cant get enough of them. Its not really the mini furniture as all of the accessories, especially kitchen accessories. I have way too many but thankfully, I have enough houses to disperse it all. Im still buying more! Its an obsession for sure.

There REALLY is nothing "wee" or small about the AMOUNTS of my obsessions....it started MANY years ago with Dollhouses and scotties. It has REALLY exploded in the last 15 or so years. I don't collect JUST scotties, but I have a collection of Mini scotties(most fit in my printer drawers on the walls), I also obsess over any YELLOW scottie and any MILKGLASS Scotties. I LOVE old books especially the embossed and ornate covers. Victorian items or repros of most anything.....CHRISTMAS!!!!........ENGELBREIT!!!!!.......unusual tea infusers.......

Some body STOP me!!!!! :welcome:

I have a weekness for dishes of most ANY type......I could go on and on...but my small home will only allow so much. I purge every Spring during my garage sale.

I know that when you have a hobby , many times sub hobbies pop up. I'm definitely obsessed with my houses, but I am also obsessed with collecting dollhouse desks and full size desks. Do any of you have collections in your collections? :D

containers to put my obssessions in :ohyeah:

I think I have a "hoarding-hamster-kind-of-syndrome" fo ALLLLL minis I can get my hands on LOL but I do think that over making items as well, I can't seem to be happy making just one of any given item, I tend to make ten or a dozen or two.... :ohyeah:

Hugs

Books, Wee little books. Spent several hours yesterday making more. And have the clay tutorial telling me how to make those kinds. And I lust after the wee little books with real writing and pictures inside...

Definitely books for me too. I have to get my library filled up after all! My mini obsession has also splintered into a micro mini obsession. I love the 1/144" scale houses. Can never have enough of those. :ohyeah:

Now that so many of us have boldly come forward to admit to our obsessions. Does anyone want to volunteer how many of items we actually have tucked by in any one "collection".

I'm deciding which obsession I'll count: books (readable), cats, dogs, teddy bears for the dollhouse children, dolls for the dollhouse children, pull toys, perfume bottles, pairs of shoes .... hmmmmmm.....

I also love to collect pretty and decorative boxes in which to store my miniatures.

-Susanne

I would have to say that I collect tables. All kind of tables such as end tables, sofa tables, coffee tables, night stands, any kind of table I can find.

Also, if I make something, I tend to make lots and lots of the same thing, I may change the color or fabric but I have to make lots of whatever it is.

Now that so many of us have boldly come forward to admit to our obsessions. Does anyone want to volunteer how many of items we actually have tucked by in any one "collection".

. . .

-Susanne

I'm afraid that it s imposable for a human to count that high...

To name a few of mine: Tea sets, all kinds of kitchen goodies and gadgets, bath accesories, dressed beds, toys (girls and boys), tiny trinket boxes, glassware and pottery, Valentines, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween and Christmas accessories, bar accessories, luggage, trunks, boots and shoes, hats, clothing, wicker furniture (real and white metal), floral arrangements, sewing room accessories, anything with tartan plaid on it, furniture, dolls, dollhouses, make-it yourself kits, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and I'm sure I've forgotten a thing or two.

• 7 years later...

Now that I have come across this, I am going to start a collection: chairs.

I had a book when I was little that showed you go to make dollhouse chairs but for some reasons I didn't try.

I am glad this thread has woken up my memory of that book.  

I have to say "All of the above!" And more. I also weave baskets in little and big, plus a lot of other collections. That's what happens after you have been doing minis for over 30 years! My whole house is full of way too many collections!