My first post

kathi17

Hi, this is my first post here. I built my first dollhouse from scratch back in the 1970's, and built all of the furniture myself from real furniture plans. Then I got busy with volunteering and working at two jobs, and stopped doing miniatures for about 25 years.

My next dollhouse was the San Fransiscan by Duracraft. (557, the MDF one). I built that one for my granddaughter, who was 19 months old at the time. She loved it, even though she was so young, and it's fun to give her nicer and nicer furniture for it the older she gets!

I then built the Apple Blossom by RGT for myself last spring.

Right now I am working on the Linfield by Duracraft. But before I finish that one, I will probably build the Orchid, and turn it into a Sweet Shop and Soda Fountain, (one in each downstairs room), with a tiny apartment upstairs.

I also have two Primroses, which I will probably turn into a library and a school. (I need to find a place to put all that furniture, food, books and other stuff I have made)!

Most of my furniture is from House of Miniature, Realife, and Mini Mundus kits, and I've made a bunch of Fimo candy and other foods, so Ive got a lot of stuff! My general store is now in an orange crate, and I've got so much stuff in there that I'm going to need to turn the top of the crate into a grocery store.

Anyway, I'll try to put up some photos of some of my finished houses with some tips on what I did when I encountered a problem in the hopes that it will help others.

Kathi

Welcome to the community, Kathi ... your projects sound intriguing. I look forward to learning some of your tips. And you'll find were not too subtle about begging for photos! :welcome:

Thanks everyone!

I had been feeling like I was crazy, because I had so many dollhouses, and kept buying more even though I haven't finished them all yet. Now I am finding out that I am absolutely normal!!!

I now know that I won't be crazy if I buy the 8 or 10 more that I want!!!

Oh yeah, my husband dosn't know about a couple of those unopened ones yet.

I got the RGT General store from eBay today. Luckily my birthday is Sunday, and when my husband asked me what he could get me for my birthday, I said "Oh, I got it today"!!! I didn't have to hide that one!

I'm turning it into a sweet shop, and need to get it done for a show I am doing on the 8th. Luckily I have a bunch of Fimo sweets all made, as well as cabinets and an old fashioned stove. I'll stick the general store stuff that came with it in a general store I made in an orange crate.

It was all punched out, so it's really fun figuring out which part is which!