What's everyone working on?

THmini2

It's not cork board, it's a roll of adhesive backed cork for lining drawers. And it is super adhesive, make sure you get it where you want it the first time. Anyway, Lowe's has it for $11 for a 20x48 inch roll, which was enought to do two large rooms and maybe have enough left to piece together the floor of the dressing room.

I finished and applied the iso FF's tower's roof and patched the butchered roof piece and primed & painted the undersides of all the roof pieces, and dry fit the section the chimney comes through so I could mark it and now I'm bricking the attic portion of the chimney. I'll have to build a bit more of the chimney so I can prime the rest of it. The rightside out Fairfield is definitely the servants' side of the house, and the inside out Fairfield is really where the family spends its time. I haven't met any of the family, "upstairs" or "downstairs, so don't know much about them; FFs are too busy telling me what they want!

They are beautiful, but your glue and wire irises look SO real! I think I'd like the clay ones better if the leaves were also clay <ducking and running off to hide>. It's the traslucence thing...

Thank you Sherry, Rosalind and uhm hum Holly!...I knew someone was going to comment about the leaves but I just could not bring myself to do clay leaves.....I hate the way clay leaves look for some reason...

Holly do you really think my wire and glue Iris look more real? At my show last weekend I did not have one person get one of the my Iris, was kinda bummed so started looking at the CP flowers...

I'm still plugging away on the Haunted Tennyson. I know I'm slooooww. Too many important decisions being made as I go along. I'm almost at the finish point of the structure now though. Have a few bits and pieces that need to go on not to mention base and crown moulding but, all of the othe finish work it close to being completed.

I really wanted to get it done by Spring Fling time so I'm husselin'!

No pics yet....sorry :angry:

The clay flowers look just terrific, but I do think make their leaves from clay, also; the thinner paper leaves seem to "go" better with the glue flowers, IMO; and anyone who can look at your glue flowers & turn them down must have rocks in their head! Comparing your glue flowers to your clay flowers is a lot like comparing dark chocolate to milk chocolate; BTW; both are excellent! If I had any mini money I'd buy both and use some in one setting and the others in another. You're an inspiration to us all!

Your flowers are great, I can't imagine anyone not wanting some! I like the paper leaves with the glue flowers, but they look fine with the clay ones also, at least in the photo.

I have what I need to make my bathtub now, just gotta work up the energy to get started on it. Looks like I'm going to spend all day coughing and blowing my nose, though!

The clay flowers look just terrific, but I do think make their leaves from clay, also; the thinner paper leaves seem to "go" better with the glue flowers, IMO; and anyone who can look at your glue flowers & turn them down must have rocks in their head! Comparing your glue flowers to your clay flowers is a lot like comparing dark chocolate to milk chocolate; BTW; both are excellent! If I had any mini money I'd buy both and use some in one setting and the others in another. You're an inspiration to us all!

Holly, you always know exactly what to say to get me to giggle. I would never dream of comparing my flowers any of them to Chocolate!

Thanks Dear!

Your flowers are great, I can't imagine anyone not wanting some! I like the paper leaves with the glue flowers, but they look fine with the clay ones also, at least in the photo.

I have what I need to make my bathtub now, just gotta work up the energy to get started on it. Looks like I'm going to spend all day coughing and blowing my nose, though!

Sherry! .Thank you so much, you all keep me going in the roughest of times seriously it does my soul good to visit GL

I truly think what makes them look tough is the wrapping of the floral tape I used on the wires because the wires were a very dark green and that would NOT work for Iris....

You also want thicker stems for iris; what about wrapping the wires with crepe or tissue paper with glue, and when they're dry, paint them? I can't wait to see your clay roses & other flowers; you have definitely gotten them thin enough! Did you make your own cold porcelain, or use ready-made?

I'm waiting for gesso & glue to dry, I'm building the other porch steps and finishing the chimney; got the trim on & primed & bricked two sides, and the chimney pots are in the gluing jig.

You also want thicker stems for iris; what about wrapping the wires with crepe or tissue paper with glue, and when they're dry, paint them? I can't wait to see your clay roses & other flowers; you have definitely gotten them thin enough! Did you make your own cold porcelain, or use ready-made?

I'm waiting for gesso & glue to dry, I'm building the other porch steps and finishing the chimney; got the trim on & primed & bricked two sides, and the chimney pots are in the gluing jig.

That might be a good idea Holly. I was also thinking this morning about using the wire / glue mix for the stems ...still thinking. I am also going to find my paper covered wires and try some that way...

I made my own porcelain using the recipe supplied by Gina Bellouse at this link, she also made some awesome Apple blossoms!

http://www.ginabellousdolls.com/flower_tutorial.htm

I made mine a couple of years ago maybe more, and it is still workable.

Every year, my MIL makes an adorable lamb cake. Well, I went online and found one for $38!!!! :angry: For this tiny little cake!! So I decided to try to make one from clay. It is far from perfect, but it was only my second attempt and I've only been doing polymer clay for a couple of weeks so I was kind of proud of it.

post-5314-1267383058_thumb.jpg

I've seen RL lamb cakes that weren't as cute! I was into the fancy Easter egg cakes for a while (using pound cake for the basic cake), never tried the lamb. How did you make the fleecy part?

I have one entire side of the chimney bricked in the iso FF & halfway up the two adjacent sides., it's looking like I'll have to make MORE bricks! (ugh!) Gesso's drying on the porch steps and chimney pots.

How did you make the fleecy part?

Why thanks so much, ladies! I'm blushing. I really didn't think it was that good, but I was NOT going to pay $38!! I made the fleece with an extractor (is that the right word?) I have that you can push out tiny little strips. I just kept it as intact as possible. I already plan to make spaghetti with it -- that is exactly what it looks like! I did that for the "grass" too but baked it first and cut it in small pieces.

Have actully been mini-ing a little over the weekend as FIL helped hubby out with the wood work/preparations in the attic area... :angry: So a "few" paperbacked books, or rather 133, to go into the Adams, the owner is an avid reader...

And a few odd bits like re-upholstering the two soft chairs as the red striped wouldn't work in this setting. Now off to find a couple of pics of a cvintage kind of HAM (is that the term?) radio as I think it is needed here...

It feels sooooo good to be back mini-ing again!

HUGS

post-90-1267385512_thumb.jpgpost-90-1267385524_thumb.jpg[attach

ment=27301:Adams_do...tairs_01.jpg]

post-90-1267385539_thumb.jpg

I finally gave up and went to the clinic, sinus infection that has gotten into my chest. So we are waiting for the pharmacy to fill my prescriptions. I sure do get tired of these infections, but apparently it's what you get when you are allergic to everything.

So, I'm working on the staircase for the living room while cooking chicken for chicken and dumplings.. I'm making my own rail, since I really don't like dealing with those stupid spindles.

Sherry, are you sure we aren't clones? When I worked school health I was out sick at least twice a year with infections that started out as allergies + whatever "interesting" bacteria my little ones shared with me! Since retiring I have had colds/ flu that responded to bedrest & clear liquids!

Judith, I love your food! Did you use Gallery Glass to color your cherry sauce?

I wound up having to make more bricks; my Fairfield's chimney is finishing up all those bazillions of bits of sandpaper I cut out to brick the pub FIVE" YEARS ago!