What's everyone working on?

THmini2

my Fairfield's chimney is finishing up all those bazillions of bits of sandpaper I cut out to brick the pub FIVE" YEARS ago!

Time sure flies when you're having fun! :angry:

I've painted the cross bars on the shutters and am thinking about the porch...

While watching USA vs Canada ice hockey. Come on USA! (much to Chris' horror. He considers Vancouver his spiritual home after spending a year there at university)

Sherry, I feel so bad for you. I had the sinus infection and bronchitis thing that went in my chest and this is the first time I have felt good in a month!!!! I have asthma and allergies too

so I feel for you. I hope you don't have what I had.

Anyway, I finally got back to making my buttercup. Today I spent time glueing rocks to my foundation, repairing and re-glueing a wall my lovely sons broke while wrestling and figuring out what kind

of steps I want to make for the front.

Oh and of course I had to buy the Brimbles at 50% off from HBS. My bad.

Still need to make the coat of arms, but this is the first nearly completed exterior turret window panel. I'm adding a close-up pic along with this one to my gallery.

Shelly, your cold porcelain roses ROCK! That's some amazing stuff to work with, and it looks like it holds together really well to get it thin enough to be translucent.

We have to take the Little House on the Highway in to get two light fixtures repaired & an extra outlet installed and finagle them keeping it until Weds so we can get a truckload of fill dirt delivered tomorrow for the Buddhists to come fill in between the new retaining wall and the stupa so no one falls downhill when the lama comes to rededicate the stupa later this Spring (not sure, but I think it'll be while we're on the Panhandle Trace Hike, so we'll miss the festivities). If the weather cooperates I'd like to go hike in the woods after breakfast.

The chimney is mostly bricked except for the rest of the trim and the side away from the roof.

I think I'd stay for the ceremonies, Holly! The hike will always be there.

I am staying home today, don't want to cough germs on the little rugrats. So I'm busy working on my staircase for the living room. Trying to dress it up a little bit! And still staring at the front gables trying to decide what to do with them!

Today I'll be turning some of my attention to the Darlington...still have a few pieces to add to it before I prime it and then I'll be about ready to start bricking. I'm putting individual bricks on the entire exterior, so I'm in for a LONG, LONG journey.

Very nice!!! Wish I had the patience and eye sight to do such little beauties.

Thank you! I have patience barely but my eyesight stinks!

Shelly, your cold porcelain roses ROCK! That's some amazing stuff to work with, and it looks like it holds together really well to get it thin enough to be translucent.

Awww, Finally! Thanks!

I saw pictures of the Greenleaf Spring Fling kit a couple of weeks ago and got one in the Mail Friday to work on & help with instructions. You all are gonna be blown away by this years design. It can become tons of things Like a ____ and a _____ Oh yeah a _____ too.

Sorry for the blanks but it's still in the "Top Secret" stage. You all are gonna LOVE it!!!

I took my whole LR apart and trying to redesign it. I don't know how to get my rooms to look more "real" and less static. More clutter? At the same time I am at war in my RL house cleaning out stuff that has annoyed me since I moved in! Only took me 3 years to decide this. lol

Sherry, hope you rest and feel better!

I had to stop and take a little nap, I just don't have any energy today. I sure hope the antibiotics kick in soon!

Anyway, here's what I did finish, more or less. This is my staircase for the PL. I didn't want spindles, they don't look Victorian to me at all, and I'm trying to retain some of the architectural features that would not have been removed during a remodel.

So here it is-not glued down, just propped up in there and the newel post is not even attached until I'm ready to glue it down. I still need to find a runner for it also. But I think the woodwork shows up well against the darker brown staircase. This is the stain I'll use for the trim in the room.

gallery_3692_3798_531460.jpg

I think I'd stay for the ceremonies, Holly! The hike will always be there...
The hike is nine days and this year I'm trying for all nine days! The first year I attempted this hike was early in the year I got my pacemaker (total heart block; the day I went to the doctor and he caught it was the day my heart was going to stop (my pulse rate when I got on the operating table was 15!), so hiiking 100+ miles is my "gift" of thanks for Whoever got me to the doctor that day. I'm sure the Buddha will understand.
...Awww, Finally! Thanks!
Oh, Shelly, I can't help it if I prefer your glue irises to the cp ones!lol All your flowers are gorgeous!
I saw pictures of the Greenleaf Spring Fling kit...It can become tons of things Like a ____ and a _____ Oh yeah a _____ too.

Sorry for the blanks but it's still in the "Top Secret" stage. You all are gonna LOVE it!!!...But I can say, it's wood and it smells so good LOL :)

And everyone will love! Even without seeing it or knowing what it is, I know Dean won't disappoint!

I finished bricking the chimney, I think I'm finally ready to put in the extra attic wall for the third bathroom, and install the roof on the iso FF.

I did a dry build of the Newport second story and put a 7-UP can on top so you can see just how big this house is with only two stories. Now, this is the main reason why I didn't buy another dollhouse this weekend from HBS regardless of the fabulous discount. :)

post-4679-1267490059_thumb.jpg

Brae loks great i love it :) right now i havent been working on anything everything is boxed still bc of the move that didnt happen but we will see what will happen next. i have a few dolls i want to take a stab at and a few other things i think i can do the houses right now are on hold.