What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Yesterday I finally started dressing my bear, she still needs shoes and the little details like buttons. I was taking her to our miniature club workshop to work on, I checked the mail on the way and my kitty I won from Bridget McCarty was there!!!! She is fantastic!!! I pictured the kitty in the arm of a little girl when I saw her, since my dolls are still in progress the little bear offered to hold her so she wouldn't be lonely.

post-4891-1266590599_thumb.jpg

o myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy she is fabulous!!!! love her!!!! and the kitty is darling too :blink:

Put in a "travertine" floor in the kitchen using Greenleaf vinyl tiles. :ohyeah: I really like the way it turned out.

post-4679-1266643020_thumb.jpg

wow i love the look of those...i must order some with the spring fling thing whatever it is and my fairfield....hmmmmmmmmm better start saving more money up :lol:

PS this is my first successful 'multi quote'....thanks to Muriel's tutorial :banana:

only taken me 3 years to figure it out :)

PS this is my first successful 'multi quote'....thanks to Muriel's tutorial :blink:

only taken me 3 years to figure it out :banana:

Don't you love it when it all falls into place? :lol:

Here's another tip on quoting: you can edit out bits that don't relate to your response, including any photos, which aren't really necessary as one can scroll back to the original post to see them. Just swipe to highlight and delete. :)

I've been sidetracked for a few days by real life but plan to work on the wallpaper for the quilt shop kitchen today. This is the room in the back that will be all but impossible to paper because three of the four walls can't be seen. I may have to resort to mirrors artfully placed.

I started putting my Beaumont into dry-fit yesterday :) so that I could actually see the size of the rooms and where I will want to bash it! This will help me continue with the planning.

Yes, I know, I have other houses that are not finished yet :wave: , but I couldn't resist my Beaumont any longer since it has been here since the beginning of the year.

I sure didn't get much done yesterday. The weather was beautiful so we got out and ran around. Went to an RV show, groceries, over to see Roy and his wife last night, which is always fun! I did get one more room papered, made templates to shingle my gables, and maybe today will be able to do a bit more.

Looking good Deb! Beautiful as usual from you!

I am working at the details on my FH as usual. I enjoy doing one little project at a time and getting it just right. Some of my experiments lately haven't exactly worked out but I keep trying different things.

I never did get the silly ironing board to work and the piano I scratched for now.

Do you all ever have the feeling after you worked on a house and you are almost finished that you would have liked to have done it differently? I keep second guessing myself.

Have a wonderful day! :wave:

Do you all ever have the feeling after you worked on a house and you are almost finished that you would have liked to have done it differently? I keep second guessing myself.

Yes, that is how I feel right now about my first house that is nearing completion. I learned so much about what doesn't work and what I should try differently, but I will keep it as is and know that it was a learning experience.

Another day of not much done. The kids came over after church and by the time they ate and hung around for awhile, then we went to the mall, the day was about over.

I did have a frustrating time with the work I did. I bought an unfinished bookcase and was going to stain it. But when I did, I discovered that it had glue spots all over it! I ended up sanding the glue spots and then painting it. It looks ok, but it was sure aggravating to discover the maker had done such a crummy job on it. Worked on books a bit too, but nothing on the house.

I spent my day cutting out and gluing up printies. I have about half of them glued at this point, so I have a pretty good little pantry going. Some of my lights arrived Saturday, so I put them in and now I'm back to waiting for the rest of my things. Oh! I did get a great buy on eBay Friday, I came across a bathroom set in cultured marble. It's the tub, sink, toilet and a three piece tub surround. I paid a whooping $5.00 for it. It's the best find I've made in a while and I'm really pleased with it, can't wait for it to arrive.

I didn't get too much mini stuff done this weekend. Yesterday I spent 4 hours cleaning my son's room instead. Bad thing is he had already spent many many hours over the last couple of weeks in it, he just doesn't stay focused. He was gone yesterday, so I went in there without him. It's still not completely done, but it's much better. After 4 hours I was worn out, and had no more energy for minis.

Today I got the furniture placed in the 1:48 farmhouse I've been working on. I can't say that was the funnest thing I've ever done. Those pieces and that space is so little! I got them all stuck down with wax finally though. So I'm checking that one off as done.

Nothing interesting. I've been cutting jack studs for the 2nd floor framing. Also installed most of the 1st floor ceiling panels. My kids are too young to work around, so I only get to work on the house during their afternoon nap (if they both sleep at the same time) and after 8 p.m. I was up until 3 a.m. Saturday organizing the spare bedroom/workshop for my in-laws' visit this May, so I haven't gotten much done on the house this weekend.

Still painting/sanding the windows for the Rye. The second floor dormer windows were straight forward, but the windows for the first floor are a bit time consuming since they're working windows. Almost snapped one of the panels in half, so just doing on section at a time. Just painting and sanding, then more painting and sanding. Think am making this harder on myself because I want the outside windows to be white, but the interior parts to be stained (just like most Craftsman interior styles).

*sigh*

I do sometimes think 'is this authenticity too much work? would i mind that much if it didn't look exactly as it is supposed to?' I do always come out with the answer, that yes, it is worth the work/bother/aggrevation though :wave: Always seem to think it most on fiddly windows! :)

I'm packing away the Franklin. Have decided to wait until after the wedding and potential move to continue with it so I can buy the expensive bits I want for it :wave: Sorting it into building bits, scrap bits I may still need and decorating bits/furniture. Then I'll hopefully make some steps forward on Bullwinkle terrace.

Just working on trim for the diningroom of the Generic Allison Jr. Went to my closest mini shop yesterday, and found the perfect couch set for the livingroom...Been spending WAY too much time playing with the Happy Aquarium game on Facebook to progress fast.