What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Got the rest of the dark blue trim painted today and some more glued on. That house laying on it's back bugs me. It looks like a huge turtle on it's back. But that's a good way to find the spots under the eaves and on the porch ceilings that still need more paint.

I'm working on a pedestal for the buddha bead right now, making it out of a piece of the exotic wood I bought. This one is a reddish orange with black grain in it, but I sure can't remember what it is.

I'm still framing the utility building, but I'm trying to decide whether to cheat with the bricks or not. I build wood bricks where weight or space is a problem, but I'm trying to stay true to the building method/materials. The problem is I'm planning to make a decorative brick walkway to the front steps and I have a very complex design in mind for the chimney caps, spiraled cylinders, made of brick. houseworks bricks are too small and brittle to sand or cut to such tight tolerances. Carving the pieces out of wood and painting it would be more feasable, but then the chimneys wouldn't really be "real brick chimneys." :welcome:

I made a wall for the attic bathroom for the insideout Fairfeld and got the door hung. I've started another pair of drapes, trying the glue instead of sewing, since the silk I have in the color I want is somewhat bulky.

I cut the linoleum for the ground floor of the quilt shop today and did some tidying up in the craft area, which still needs a deep cleaning, but . . .

Before the linoleum is installed, the interior walls and window/door trim need a coat of satin white paint. Also need to wallpaper the kitchen. Making a template for the flooring was a pain. I don't even want to think about making templates for the wallpaper. Three walls can't be seen from the open side of the building ... but they can be seen through the windows, so they have to look good.

I have photos, but they're still in the camera. Too tired to unload them tonight.

Also watched the Olympics and exercised on the Gazelle. It's nearly midnight. I think I'll sleep well. :welcome:

Brae, I LOVE your Mackintosh chair, and that rug! Wowsers!

I've got some touchup painting to do for the iso FF's attic, after installing the interior windows up there. I finised the parlor drapes for that room. The cloth I thought I'd use in the green bedroom doesn't look right, so I'll have to get some more done on the rest of the house and then I can access my fabric stash. I'm going to have to do a major straightening & organizing binge before I can start on Mildred! I ruined one of the roof sections, thinking it was the one that went where the chimney now is (it's a section that goes at right angles to it!). Now I have an "excuse" to get DH to clean up his mess in his workshop, so I can get to his bandsaw to cut the new chimney hole in the correct roof section, and also to cut out a replacement for the roont toof piece. I have the punchout to use for a pattern, and enough of the original to get slot placement.

Well, I decided to try my hand at crocheting for minis...I made a couple of

doillies,table toppers and a long thingy.Ha! Would have been handy if I had had

a pattern.Hope the picture shows up..it's also in my gallery!!

post-3636-1266169821_thumb.jpg

Your crocheted minis are so cute!

Finished printing out all new wallpaper for the kitchen and two bedrooms. I can't relocate the kitchen paper I really wanted - lost forever in cyberspace. (As soon as I finish papering, I'll probably run across the site again!) Once the papering is done, I'm putting in the windows which have already been prepped, painted and stained, but not assembled.

Kirsten

Great job, Llyn. your "long thingie" looks like it could be a bell pull... I found a bedroom I think the fabric I was looking at will work in, so I'm sewing the panels together. The green bedroom turns out to be one of the ones without windows.

Well, the Fairfield's stairs are still drying, but not the glue. Luckily I checked them before I left, and they were not square, not even a little. Must have used the un-square Legos. So I dipped them in a bath of hot water, and they came right apart. So now I'm heading to the Flea Market, then to Mama's, and I'll start thinking of a new plan to prop them while gluing. If anyone has any tips on how they did their's, I'll be happy to hear them.

I have been working on accessories for my new acquistion. This afternoon, I brought downstairs the Tiffani I'm working on right now (it's finally all glued together!!). My (nearly) 3 yr old daughter is helping me play with it. I set it up on her little table and she has been quite happy to play with it. She brought over some furniture from 'her' dollhouses (she's got 4 in our living room!!) and I let her play with some of my Calico Critters (who will be the inhabitants eventually for my Tiffani).

Man, my Tiffani is DUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. :ohyeah:

Yesterday I made enough polyclay lettuce to feed a town of vegans for a week. I also made fried eggs, bacon, hamburgers, carrots, celery, mushrooms, sweet potatoes (unpeeled, peeled, sliced, chopped, and a yam casserole)...

Now if I only had some cute dishes to plate everything up in...

Finally have all the trim on the house that I can until I install the windows. So she's back on her feet again, or her bottom, whichever. Glued the living room wall in so I can start on the interior.

Got the porch floors sealed, the eaves have the final coat of paint, and I'm still thinking about how to finish off the gable faces. But at least now I can start on the interior!

I made about a dozen books last night, but got sick of trying to find decent printies. So I gave in and ordered 2 sets of 26 books from Ann Vanture. it may take the rest of my life to get all those put together! Varnished the fernstand and made a couple of pieces of artwork for the walls. After church we stopped and picked up enough scrapbook paper to paper the living room and bedroom. No school tomorrow, and DH will be at work, so I intend to mini all morning.

I'm roont, I use my magnetic gluing jig to assemble stairs.

Holly, you used the kit stairs for the Fairfield, right? Which directions did you place things in the jig? There's not really a straight edge to place the stringer on. And these are different than other stairs I've built in that the stringer doesn't sit on the riser, but if you follow the directions, it just kinda floats in the air. That's why I used the Legos, I found the perfect combination for the right thickness to hold up the stringer. I'll play with it more tomorrow, I've got oo bad of a headache to mess with it right now. I'll find a box to use for a jig. I'll figure something out! Tomorrow I'm sure (hope) I'll have an Aha! moment.

Nearly finished framing the utility building. I'm building a swing-out wall on one side for access to the building and double doors in the back. It doesn't look like much without the brick exterior. Also started weathering the ends of the rafters that will be on the exterior of the house.

Holly, you used the kit stairs for the Fairfield, right? Which directions did you place things in the jig? There's not really a straight edge to place the stringer on. And these are different than other stairs I've built in that the stringer doesn't sit on the riser, but if you follow the directions, it just kinda floats in the air. That's why I used the Legos, I found the perfect combination for the right thickness to hold up the stringer. I'll play with it more tomorrow, I've got oo bad of a headache to mess with it right now. I'll find a box to use for a jig. I'll figure something out! Tomorrow I'm sure (hope) I'll have an Aha! moment.
For the one staircase I made like the kit has I laid the stringer out like I did the other two sets of stairs I made; like shows here: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=44310

I revamped some old Concord Miniatures to fit the contemporary entryway.

post-4679-1266259104_thumb.jpg

I have been putting off all the painting I need to do...trim, windows, doors, etc. I need to get to it before the second floor can be attached.

After I got back from my Michael's trim, the primer was dry and I papered the living room. I'm so excited, it looks just as I imagined it would! I need to cut out the windows and doors once the glue dries, and put the edging around where the tile meets the wood floor, but I just had to set the leather sofa and fireplace in there, and I love, love, love it! I'm really starting to get fired up about this house now.