What's everyone working on?

THmini2

The roof is on the inside out Fairfield and all its walls are up & in place, I'm masking the last of the windows to prime & spackle the outside and spackle the other set of porch steps. then the foundations on both houses. Then I'm ready to make more itsy bitsy furniture (the patterns for the scaled-down Knole settee and ladies' chair are SO tiny!) for the library and the replacement cabriole leg fro the china cupboard, and some privacy screens for the servant's quarters, and more 1:24 TOYS! (Our first 1:24 group swap was Christmas toys, so I won't need much) and, of course, the Family.

Just take it slow and let your eye finish healing, Beverly; mini-ing is a LOT more fun when you can see what you're doing!

I have finished installing the roof and the chimney pots are in place, I'm priming the iso Fairfield. One of the differences from the rso FF will be the porch, which I want to screen in; so I will still have a screen door to make & hinge. I've put the rugs I've stitched in place, just for the heckuvit! and I want to finish up both houses' exteriors so I can start on the rest of the weensy furniture and then accessories & people (dreading this part, my last attempt at downsizing people resulted in some reall mini-horrors!; Dr Frandenstein & Igor would have snubbed me!)

Good for you Beverly! Just take er easy!

I am so excited.....I am getting a dremel tool! I guess I am in for the duration now! NO more cuttin up my poor lil fingers with craft knives when I can use power! I have no idea how to use it but I'm excited!

Brae,

I'm envious. You build houses and all of the little things that go inside. I guess almost everyone on here can. I'm limited to houses. I'm going to have to learn some more skills or spend a fortune when mine is finished.

Jeremy, if you can turn out the fantastic work you've shown us so far, I have full confidence that you can build some furniture. I have run across a lot of Tudor designs in the how to books I've been checking out from the library, so when you are ready...just send me a PM. :) I'll give you a list.

Jeremy, honey, if I can build furnitue, etc, ANYBODY can! And I'll continue to preach that until everybody at least tries!

I hope to finish priming today, and spackle the porch steps. I think I'll paint the porch walls, since it's to be screened.

I got one chair made, and it looked ok as far as the upholstery. but something just was not right. It finally dawned on me that the padded seat cushion threw the proportions off completely. In the trash! But I did finish the artwork for above the bed.

I've got to finish papering and painting the walls, so I can put windows in and start on trim in the rooms. Just cannot decide what I want for the bath and kitchen!

I'm waiting for the gesso to dry on the last two tower walls so I can "wash" them with the exterior color and then paint the foundations. I have wracked myself with the second front porch, and have talked myself out of screening it (access was going to be a BEAR!).

Finally my extra craft carts came today, so I spent my time reclaiming my dining room. Properly covered my table with news and craft paper and an over cloth so I can tackle that Dura Craft whole heartedly! At the moment it's lying across a dining room chair daring me to open the box. (I'm working up to it). Once I got that sorted out I took advantage of the sale at Manor House Mini's and bought all the lights and whatnot that I'll need for the big yellow monster, and now I have an excuse to treat myself to some chocolate before I have at it!

Hmmm, can you put the whole porch wall incl screening on a hinge and solve access that way?
I sort of played with the hinging idea with the rightsideout Fairfield and couldn't find a good way to do it (probably between the spackle stucco exterior and the spackle stone porch floor) and I finished the insideout FF's exterior to match. This is the porch I plan to furnish; I sealed up the former front door so there's only one door opening onto this porch.

The whole house, both halves, have started showing me the family they want to live in them, so I guess after the library furniture and the china cupboard leg, making 1:24 people will be next...

I made it through a day of work, feeling much better. But by the time I got home, I was exhausted, so nothing fun was done last night. I am determined to get the window frames up on the house this weekend, though-even though I have to babysit on Saturday.

Happy to hear you are feeling better Sherry!

I have been cleaning and cleaning trying to make room for my farmhouse. It can't sit on this wobbly table forever! Heading out today to find it a perch. Maybe a thrift store will have something.

:lol: Thank goodness they don't exist, eh?

Maybe not, but the Mini Builders Local 1243 is going to picket your house for "taking jobs from hard working union men." :birthday:

Maybe not, but the Mini Builders Local 1243 is going to picket your house for "taking jobs from hard working union men." :lol:
Ah, but the No. 1 Ladies Construction and Interior Design Company hires nothing but union labor!

Well don't forget the building inspectors, you still have to get past them. And if it's not up to code you're in big trouble.
What? You don't pay them off? Keeps life simple.

:lol: