What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Not doing much right now, DS2 is on his way over to take DIL's car to the shop. But I did get the top of my bathroom vanity to be, marbled, granited, whatever it turns out to look like. I'm waiting for paint to dry (as usual) so I can try out my sink and faucet making idea.

Just finished aging the exposed rafters for the Tudor. They turned out exactly as I had hoped they would. I've been planning on their construction for over a year, but I hadn't reached a point in construction where I would need them until now. I used a technique I learned at ThemeWorks about 10 years ago. They look really weathered. I included a tutorial in my gallery too.

I had planned to put up all the wallpaper this evening - I printed out all I was going to use this weekend when we were in northern Michigan. But, when we came home, I ran down to the office to get some stuff done. When I got home, I realized that I left my briefcase at the office and my wallpaper was in it!! (I'm so frustrated!) I have a late meeting tomorrow, so I probably won't even get to it til Wednesday. Nothing seems to go according to plan with this house.

Kirsten

Finished up the nursery roombox I've been working on forever. Yay!! I had a hard time getting going on it, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. It is based on the real nursery. Pictures are in my gallery.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...&album=3925

Last night I finished wallpaper in the 1:48 farmhouse, and got the walls all glued. The roof isn't glued yet because the wall is a tiny bit warped at the top where it will attach to the roof, and I haven't found the perfect way to clamp it straight yet. Then just to paint and put on the porch and trims. It's back to work tomorrow, so I may not get to that until the weekend though.

I have decided to keep working on the brookfield.. I could not decide what it wanted to be until I got to ready a post about a quilt shop... I have some items for a quilt shop so this house will make a great one.!! I have it primed white... but have to decide a color sceme for the exterior and interior... I have a can of Dark aqua paint but cannot for the life of me figure out what colors would go with it.!! so what colors should a quilt shop be.?

kellee

Tracy, the nursery is wonderful! I just love it!

Kirsten

Thanks so much Kirsten, and everyone who has commented in the gallery. I gave it to her today, and she loved it. The baby whose nursery it was is almost 3 now, and when he found out about it and saw pictures, he insisted on going and picking it up from my work (I work with the baby's grandma) right then. He was excited to have a model of his 'baby' room. :)

Today the Emerson Row my husband bought me last week was waiting on my front steps when I got home. I so want to open it right now and start it! But I need to finish some other messes, I mean projects, first.

Off to attach the 1:48 farmhouse's roof...

yes Tracy the nursery turned out great!

this past week ive been working on my little pigs house of sticks. after the bricks and straw houses are finished i want to get started on my creatin contest for this year. if i finish that sometime before december (rofl yea right) I want to get back to my pizza shop.

I really should be working on my half scale apartment model for school though... its due in a week!

Amazing work, Brae!

I've been working out the problem of plugging porch lights directly into a real brick wall. The solution was to build a brick patch out of wood and make it blend in with the real thing. Working on installing the adapter to the light now.

Well, mostly I've been waiting for different items I bought for my houses (Fairfield and DC Farm 505) to arrive. During the wait I had to rewire the attic in the Fairfield due to a short with one of my lights :) , so while I waited I made a mini dressing screen and "bashed" an old nightie that I got as a gift (it never did fit) and used the material to make bedding for a canopy bed for the Farmhouse. Yesterday I took some scrap wood and started making a small dresser and mirror, and then I shopped! (the best thing I do) :blink: . While window shopping for mini food I took a good long look at some of it and realized, "Hey, I can do that!" :banana: So, long story short, I bought some Sculpey Clay and some tools and I'm back to waiting for it to arrive so I can get started making my own accessories.

Edited by Ravenswing

In the planning stages for rehabbing a 5' book/cd/dvd tower thingy i bought...turning it into my french chateau seeing as i had no room and had to sell my barrington :banana:

This way i get my chateau with a tiny footprint but still 5 rooms :)

wow Linda that really sucks that you had to sell that fantastic barrington but Im glad you have more room to make us more eye candy!

Jeremy, those bricks are wood? tutorial please! lol

I have been plugging along on my farm house. I am really into making little accessories all over the house. I made a basket of yarn and crochet work last night and have been focused on details. I could go a long time on this because to me this is the best part of miniatures.

Yesterday I finally started dressing my bear, she still needs shoes and the little details like buttons. I was taking her to our miniature club workshop to work on, I checked the mail on the way and my kitty I won from Bridget McCarty was there!!!! She is fantastic!!! I pictured the kitty in the arm of a little girl when I saw her, since my dolls are still in progress the little bear offered to hold her so she wouldn't be lonely.

post-4891-1266590599_thumb.jpg

wow Linda that really sucks that you had to sell that fantastic barrington but Im glad you have more room to make us more eye candy!

Jeremy, those bricks are wood? tutorial please! lol

Jeff,

Only 5 of the bricks are wood (the ones directly behind the fixture) they are slightly darker than the real bricks. I'll include a tutorial soon.